DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

No...it was after.  In fact it was earlier this week.  He listed the QBs he wanted to play for, Rodgers wasn't one of them...regarless of what team he was playing on.

For a receiver I don’t understand this list. Hurts and Jackson don’t throw for many yards or tds. Wrs have been running from the ravens. 

In his three seasons in Arizona, Hopkins had 2,696 yards and 17 touchdowns on 221 receptions, including 64 catches for a team-leading 717 yards and three TDs last year. Hopkins missed the first six games of the 2022 season after being suspended for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy.

Pass Thumbs Down GIF by Tinashe

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

For a receiver I don’t understand this list. Hurts and Jackson don’t throw for many yards or tds. Wrs have been running from the ravens. 

Hurts? Hurts averaged 8 yards per attempt last year - third highest in the NFL. Don't look at total yards. Total yards are misleading - they depend on how often you throw the ball. Look at yards per attempt. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Hurts? Hurts averaged 8 yards per attempt last year - third highest in the NFL. Don't look at total yards. Total yards are misleading - they depend on how often you throw the ball. Look at yards per attempt. 

And only 20 passing touchdowns. Dude relied on keeping the lead with the D and trying not to screw up

26 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

More so....He'd rather catch passes from Lamar than Burrow?  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

And only 20 passing touchdowns. Dude relied on keeping the lead with the D and trying not to screw up

Well, he also got them the lead a lot. And yes, with their D, he didn't need to throw that many TD passes. He's still a baller

1 hour ago, undertow said:

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

This is not a comment about Zach but I hate these PR firm attempts to create memes and reaction gifs. Also not negging you, it is funny that you used it because such things should only be used ironically and to poke fun at how inauthentic they are.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Don't receivers generally like it when you throw the ball often? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't receivers generally like it when you throw the ball often? 

Sure, but what does that have to do with the QB? That seems like an OC issue. I would think the number 1 priority would be winning - I think you have a good shot at winning going to the Eagles. 

I don't get the critiques of Hurts at all. 

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but what does that have to do with the QB? That seems like an OC issue. I would think the number 1 priority would be winning - I think you have a good shot at winning going to the Eagles. 

Hurts is a stud but they did pick up Swift and Penny, they're looking to establish the run for sure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

In his three seasons in Arizona, Hopkins had 2,696 yards and 17 touchdowns on 221 receptions, including 64 catches for a team-leading 717 yards and three TDs last year. Hopkins missed the first six games of the 2022 season after being suspended for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy.

Pass Thumbs Down GIF by Tinashe

Lol you just listed some impressive numbers so why’s that a hard pass?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nobody is saying anything negative about Hurts as a QB or how good he is. They are talking strictly about the fact that WRs like having the ball thrown to them... a lot. He could go to Kansas City or Buffalo and win too, and get the ball thrown to him a lot more than in Philadelphia.

3 minutes ago, Rep said:

Nobody is saying anything negative about Hurts as a QB or how good he is. They are talking strictly about the fact that WRs like having the ball thrown to them... a lot. He could go to Kansas City or Buffalo and win too, and get the ball thrown to him a lot more than in Philadelphia.

Sure - I agree. I'd rather go to KC, myself. 

I'm just saying that you could do a lot worse than Philly. 

You could also argue that Philly really doesn't need him. KC and Buffalo seem like they would have more room in their offense for him. 

We wanted OBJ badly and were willing to pay him pretty well. Hopkins is much better. This is a no brainer and we have the ability to pay him. The only question is, does he want to play here. If so, it might happen. 

As far as the other teams, Chiefs, Bills, and Ravens make sense. Though the Ravens just picked up OBJ and the Chiefs don’t tend to make moves like this and cap is overloaded. I personally think the Dolphins and Eagles already have two very talented WRs and spending 18-20 million on another would be strange. 

My guess, it’s the Bills or us. 

• Upvote 2

• Barry McCockinner changed the title to DeAndre Hopkins Released And Then Played Great For the Titans Who Intelligently Signed Him. This is real life, not Madden.