It took 5 pages

The Juneteenth post should have NEVER been allowed on the Jets football forum.  One of the mods should have moved it to the JN lounge...immediately.  Anyone with half a brain knew this subject was going invoke all kinds of responses right or wrong and yet it was allowed to make it through 5 pages before the lock.  What were you mods thinking?   

• Thumb Down 8
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The Juneteenth post should have NEVER been allowed on the Jets football forum.  One of the mods should have moved it to the JN lounge...immediately.  Anyone with half a brain knew this subject was going invoke all kinds of responses right or wrong and yet it was allowed to make it through 5 pages before the lock.  What were you mods thinking?   

I didn't post there, but I will post here.  We should have divisiveness in the Lounge and not the football forum?  Since when?  This place has generally policed itself.  There are times when it becomes necessary to step in, but one of the reasons I like it here is that we generally don't let things get out of hand.  The fact they waited until things actually get out of hand before stepping in is why I love it here.  Our mods moderate with moderation.  Say that five times fast!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Calling out the Mods (or Max, who was in that thread too) for the lack of self-control of a very small minority of posters is a pretty sh*t thing to do.

The Mods here do their very best for us, for free btw. 

Might want to cut them some slack.  The users were the problem, not the topic or the Mods.

P.S. If on Veterans Day or Memorial Day a small group of posters wanted to come in and sh*t on veterans, talk about veteran mental illness, suicide, unemployment and crime rates, decry American war crimes, decry American imperialism and foreign policy, and the like, the result would be the same.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a Happy Memorial Day or Veterans Day thread.

Not every thread needs to be a place for some folks to vent their grudges, grievances and political axes.

I read your response fast...BUT, as soon as I read HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY, your ignorance shined like the sun.  It's Happy Veteran's Day dude...get with the Fing program.

20 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Dude go to pronhub or something.. This ain't that big of a deal. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The fact that Juneteenth elicits any type of other response besides a "Happy Juneteenth" back shows the implicit bias we have as a nation and how long we have to go. 

You do some wacky sh_t sometimes which I think is part of your charm, but it would be hard to find an argument with your statement.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The fact that Juneteenth elicits any type of other response besides a "Happy Juneteenth" back shows the implicit bias we have as a nation and how long we have to go. 

Meanwhile, Memorial Day directly preceeds Pride Month. 

Classic Film Shrug GIF by Warner Archive

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Calling out the Mods (or Max, who was in that thread too) for the lack of self-control of a very small minority of posters is a pretty sh*t thing to do.

The Mods here do their very best for us, for free btw. 

Might want to cut them some slack.  The users were the problem, not the topic or the Mods.

P.S. If on Veterans Day or Memorial Day a small group of posters wanted to come in and sh*t on veterans, talk about veteran mental illness, suicide, unemployment and crime rates, decry American war crimes, decry American imperialism and foreign policy, and the like, the result would be the same.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a Happy Memorial Day or Veterans Day thread.

Not every thread needs to be a place for some folks to vent their grudges, grievances and political axes.

You’re absolutely right. I should never have posted that cbs article in the thread. That was a mistake. 

But I do know myself and I know where my heart is as do the people who know me.It’s just not appropriate for a football forum and I should have recognized that.

If Phil wants to ban me, so be it. I hardly come here to post at all so that’s fine.