#JetsCamp 7/26. Keep it going.

Larz

35 minutes ago, Lith said:

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yikes.  “Wasn’t up for it” is generally football coach speak for pack your sh*t and get out 

I think there is a pretty big jump between Mekhi not being up for it and his knee not being up for it.  The other tweets seem more like they held him out and he will be back tomorrow.  Though "should be ready to go tomorrow" might be a challenge to get back out there.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Becton drives me ******* nuts

The good news is that we have some options on the roster.  Not like last year when we had to scramble to sign Duane Brown after he went down. 

We went into last season counting on Becton to start.  This season, we are giving him a chance to start.  But he has competition from Brown, Turner, Mitchell, Warren and Cajuste.  If Becton can't go, hopefully two of the other guys will step up and earn starting roles.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yikes.  “Wasn’t up for it” is generally football coach speak for pack your sh*t and get out 

This Mekhi saga is going to be long and drawn out.  Ugh.  The OT pos is the most nagging issue for this team and TBH, as a fan, I'm sick of it already.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think there is a pretty big jump between Mekhi not being up for it and his knee not being up for it.  The other tweets seem more like they held him out and he will be back tomorrow.  Though "should be ready to go tomorrow" might be a challenge to get back out there.

“Wasn’t up for it” is basically last rites if its coming from positive vibes himself 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This Mekhi saga is going to be long and drawn out.  Ugh.  The OT pos is the most nagging issue for this team and TBH, as a fan, I'm sick of it already.   

If Brown and Turner or Mitchell are going to be our starters, I just hope they settle on them early so there is time for the unit to build chemistry through the pre-season.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Just waiting for the inevitable “Becton out for season with knee injury”

Jets have had injury grievances before. If this can get traced back to when they told him to suck it up when he said the knee was bothering him it could go down that path. Jets share some of the blame for this 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I was trying to be optimistic and patient, but the writing is on the wall already. Becton is toast.

Agreed.

This summer I was hoping Becton would come back in shape, motivated for a second contract, and win the starting RT job decisively.  Instead he's playing behind Billy Turner and Max Mitchell, and hasn't been able to get any time with the starters even though Brown is on PUP.  Perhaps there is an element of truth to him being on a pitch count, but things certainly aren't looking great at the moment.

32 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s never gotten these reviews in camp. He has clearly improved. I’m going with Sabo on this.  Sorry 🤷‍♂️

Also need to consider the source. Sabo has been incredibly positive about Zach and historically he has been as anti-Zach as even the most ravenous anti-Zacher on this board.

It seemed to go unnoticed by Saleh casually threw in to an answer that Zach is completely changing his footwork

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m sorry, “out of bounce” was the best football tweet ever composed 

I could tell he was a cool guy when he kept doing it and never corrected it lol.   He was good on the beat.

Sabo puts out some good info.   

Without KRL we would have gotten nothing out of yesterday’s practice.  

32 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“Wasn’t up for it” is basically last rites if its coming from positive vibes himself 

Reminds me of when he took himself out of that game his rookie year when he had a cold. This is a bit different but fact still remains, he isn't as tough as he thinks. And I have rooted for him his whole time here.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

0.00% Chance this guy's body is going to hold up, regardless of his play. You hate to see it, but that's also why teams are leery of 7' feet tall 400 OTs... It's a matter of time. 

I'd be surprised if he plays more than 3-4 games this year

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1