1JD & Hard Knocks

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ronnie Brown and a gimmick offense won the ‘08 division title.  Pennington f**king sucked, and he went on to validate that by throwing 4 picks in his one-and-done home playoff game that year.

I yield the remainder of my time to @Bleedin Green

Come Back Player of the Year.  He didn't suck that much and he had a playoff game.  We didn't. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sec143dmf said:

Come Back Player of the Year.  He didn't suck that much and he had a playoff game.  We didn't. 

Oh, that award given to players who suck the year before then suck less the next year?  That one?  Cool.  No one cares.

Again, they had a playoff game because of a gimmick offense and Ronnie Brown, not to mention the Brady and Favre injuries.  

• More Ugh 2

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh, that award given to players who suck the year before then suck less the next year?  That one?  Cool.  No one cares.

Again, they had a playoff game because of a gimmick offense and Ronnie Brown, not to mention the Brady and Favre injuries.  

How dare you malign Ryan Tannehill?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or more accurately someone who played in only 8 games and then comes back, playing well, leading his team to 11 wins and a playoff spot.  

Chad threw for over 3,600 yards, competed over 67% of his passes, 19tds and 7 INTs but the 11 wins should be credited to Brown and his 900 rushing yards.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Rodgers needs to stay with the Jets as QB coach when he retires. Just stay with us forever. Thanks. 

It might be part of the plan and how they repay the 35 million.  Training camp advisor to Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

For the old turds on the board, hard means good. 😂

What do the eyes mean? 

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or more accurately someone who played in only 8 games and then comes back, playing well, leading his team to 11 wins and a playoff spot.  

Chad threw for over 3,600 yards, competed over 67% of his passes, 19tds and 7 INTs but the 11 wins should be credited to Brown and his 900 rushing yards.  

Don't bother.  

80 has more time and energy than you can possibly imagine to flood you with meaningless stats to back his loser viewpoint. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, Jolot said:

Thought it was exceptional, the way these guys worship Rodgers …I will say looking back at the Farve year I never got the feeling the young guys liked him ….Rodgers is just different…in a good way . 

Farve was a great QB, but Rodgers is clearly better in all aspects of being qb. Farve looked and moved like he was on his last days in 08. Didn’t have sand zip on ball. Rodgers looks incredible shape, still moves around just as good as any qb not named mohomes. And unlike Farve he wanted to be here, nobody else was a close 2nd. He has a ton of knowledge about the game, and wants to teach all he knows. Having such a young core, that’s very important. Hope he sticks around more than 2-3 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was using the dime of a throw to teach the defense that the game is never over with 8 on the team.  

Perhaps. One episode so if we’ll see if things get more buttoned up with additional preseason action. But less grab ass and more focus probably wouldn’t hurt either.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or the player that was hurt the year before and had a really good season after coming back.    I get it.  You didn't like Pennington.  Move on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe his playoff appearance was trash but he didn't suck that year.   He was literally 2nd in the league that year in MVP voting behind Manning.   He sucked is a bad take from you.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pennington was good in 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008. 2003 and 2005 were destroyed by injuries. 2007 was possibly the worst year of his career. 

He was never quite the same after that loss in Oakland and subsequent shattered wrist the following preseason. 

02 Pennington, 2015 Fitz, and 98 Vinny are the three best QB seasons we’ve had since Namath. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He was using the dime of a throw to teach the defense that the game is never over with 8 on the team.  

I thought he was using at as an example that sometimes you can be absolutely perfect... "shows the coverage"....and just get beat by an all time great but if this is how we cover play in play out, we're going to be in every single game no matter what the offense ...and then was like, but now we got this dude, so "no what offense"...

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Facts said:

Saleh comes off as such a meat head.

I thought the Eagle/Falcon analogy was great. More of that stuff, please. More high-minded, big picture stuff. Less trying to sound like you're cool, and using phrases like "If you ain't got haters you ain't poppin'. When he does the former, I trust him. When he does the latter, agreed, meathead.

Just had a chance to watch it and a few thoughts that immediately sprung to mind:

-Credit to HBO, they seemed to get the message from the Jets and made a point of keeping it a bit more light-hearted and positive.  There were definitely multiple moments of even getting some good laughs.
-Holy crap, Solomon Thomas is built like a brick sh*thouse.  Obviously these guys are all in crazy shape to be out there, but he legitimately looked like he could kick all of their asses.
-I couldn't help but laugh as they're flipping through the various position meetings, with mostly positive talk, until the LB room starts off with their coach adamantly proclaiming "that's not good enough!"  Yeah, that sounds about right.
-Apparently every Wilson pass is a no-look pass, but I'll give him some degree of credit for actually acknowledging his own failures.
-Not that we didn't already know this, but damn the team is smitten with Rodgers.

I don't blame the team for their lack of interest in doing this, which I found interesting that HBO even openly acknowledged, but I feel like it's not a bad start.  Let's hope it stays that way, although I'd imagine this year was probably an eye-opener for HBO, and they realized they need to get back into the good graces of NFL teams/owners, or things will only get worse for them.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, sec143dmf said:

Or the player that was hurt the year before and had a really good season after coming back.    I get it.  You didn't like Pennington.  Move on. 

This is the most blatant lie of all from the Penningtologists.  He was not hurt in 2007, he was benched for Kellen Clemens due to poor on-field performance.  Meanwhile, the noodle went 1-8 that year and Clemens 3-4.

In reality, 2002 was pretty much the only year of his entire pro career where the team saw any significant performance improvement with him vs their other sh*tty QBs, putting him on par with all-stars like Clemens, Quincy Carter, Brooks Bollinger, Chad Henne, and a 50-year old Vinny T.

• Post of the Week 1

Favorite parts from last night's episode. Put some footage from it in the breakdown:

- Saleh Eagle/Crowder speech

- Aaron Rodgers calling Hackett an a$$hole

- DL - Car Coochie Board

- Rodgers teasing Zach about his arms, Zach takes light hearted shot at Rodgers

- Why Rodgers doesn't surf

Loved hearing about the battles between Garrett and Sauce. Very cool to see Sauce graduate. Overall, very pleased with what we got from episode 1. I hope they focus more on other players in the next 4 episodes.

• Upvote 3

Overall take on the team as seen so far - Rodgers could be an incredible boost for this team, if he keeps up this calm cool savior thing. Ulbrich seems like a good coach and guy players like. But the hype is just terrible for us. There isn't really any guarantee at all we can eek out enough wins to make a WC spot or win the division, and the preseason expectations are "Superbowl or Bust." It's just insane, just absolutely ridiculous. Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Ravens, even the Dolphins and Pats and Broncos, all of them will have something to say about that. Our schedule, once again, is almost impossibly hard.

We have three, maybe 4 stars on our team, and for like the what, 9th year in a row, we have a giant question mark at O-line. We didn't sign Rodgers to watch him on the ground. Very worried about OL, and about Breece trying to come back from an ACL. He will more than likely just be a different guy. It's sad.

Overall take on this season of Hard Knocks: good stuff. Love the A-Rodg & Zach storyline, love the inclusion of brilliant actor and cool guy Liev Schreiber. Also see that the Hackett/Rodgers chemistry is for real. Also, even my pessimist self can see that they are trying to build a squad who can live with hype and deliver on it. They just need to show some proof of that. Right now, they just look like any decent NFL team. They need to start looking like they do in our daydreams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Pennington was good in 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2008. 2003 and 2005 were destroyed by injuries. 2007 was possibly the worst year of his career. 

He was never quite the same after that loss in Oakland and subsequent shattered wrist the following preseason. 

02 Pennington, 2015 Fitz, and 98 Vinny are the three best QB seasons we’ve had since Namath. 

Totally agree.  Just don’t believe that Raider game had a thing to do with it.  May have fit the timeline, I do get that, think it was the injuries

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I love Rodger's fascination with Liev Schreiber . Liev was great in RAY DONOVAN . I like how Liev said that he was only mimicing John Facenda .

Please tell me you guys have seen the great hockey movie, "Goon." Schreiber is great in that too. So is "Stiffler!"

• Upvote 1