Collin Cowherd is an abomination

Bronx

Anyone remember seeing that video clip of Fox sideline reporter Danyelle Sargent who was interviewing then 49ers head coach Mike Singletary, and she asked Mike, “I hear that your mentor Bill Walsh was one of the first phone calls you made when you found out you had the job. What does it mean to you to be the head coach of the 49ers?” The look on Mike's face was priceless. 

34 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Anyone remember seeing that video clip of Fox sideline reporter Danyelle Sargent who was interviewing then 49ers head coach Mike Singletary, and she asked Mike, “I hear that your mentor Bill Walsh was one of the first phone calls you made when you found out you had the job. What does it mean to you to be the head coach of the 49ers?” The look on Mike's face was priceless. 

I hadn't heard this one, actually.

For those like me who hadn't, the lol being that Walsh died in 2007. 

Singletary was hired as Head Coach in 2008.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Colin cowherd is one of the best in the world at what he does.  Jets fans from their parents basement open a monthly thread ripping the guy.  Classic.

Can wait for the monthly “WFAN sucks as does Carton I havent listened in 15 years” thread.

My parents basement was awesome compared to the condemned crack house I currently post from.

• Haha 4

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Half of the cancel culture folks would have to self cancel if they were being honest.

I find it funny that the folks who whine the most about so-called "cancel culture" are themselves the undisputed historical leaders in the clubhouse at cancelling people, companies and things for perceived offense and disagreement.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Who cares... His editor ****ed up... Stop canceling people. 

Mistakes can happen

Okay, so you are a sports fan show.  The writers, the editors, the production team, and finally the talent are ALL supposed to know something about sports.  And you make a comment about a guy who is dead that can't win a Super Bowl.

Yeah, sorry dude.  That isn't canceling people.  It's this new fad called holding people accountable who CLEARLY a) are really bad at what they do and expect top dollar to do it, or b) just don't give a sh*t in the first place.  

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I find it funny that the folks who whine the most about so-called "cancel culture" are themselves the undisputed historical leaders in the clubhouse at cancelling people, companies and things for perceived offense and disagreement.

To be fair; there is such a thing as cancel culture.  It is just a marketing ploy to rile up the factions on either side of an issue.

That said, criticizing a supposed sports entertainment expert because he nor anyone on the staff felt it necessary to double-check facts about a dead guy is pretty amateur. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blackout said:

Classless POS and **** anyone defending his gimmicks 

Leave the dead alone 

14 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Wow. If that's for real, he's a lowlife. 

For Real ? Leave the Dead Alone ? I think the guy is an idiot but this is clearly a mistake so calm down a bit

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you are referencing my recent cancelation of my cable TV and internet service and online badmouthing of their service I am guilty as charged.

The thing to recognize here is people who do this for a living everyday need to create content.. When you do it everyday that's A LOT of content and at some point someone is going to be butt hurt over something. Anyone can cherry pick an issue or topic and abuse these guys for it but you have to keep in mind they also thrive on the controversy just like a troll they love the attention. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

To be fair; there is such a thing as cancel culture.  It is just a marketing ploy to rile up the factions on either side of an issue.

That said, criticizing a supposed sports entertainment expert because he nor anyone on the staff felt it necessary to double-check facts about a dead guy is pretty amateur. 

double check facts?  

this wasn't just on a powerpoint graphic that they threw up.  he said the name in the piece.

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The thing is will he issue an apology ? I'm sure he will once he realizes (which should have already happened) what he did.

Guess we’ll have to see if there’s a back lash other than a couple of people here.  If people pick up on it I bet they do.  If no one cares, no, just ignore

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Okay, so you are a sports fan show.  The writers, the editors, the production team, and finally the talent are ALL supposed to know something about sports.  And you make a comment about a guy who is dead that can't win a Super Bowl.

Yeah, sorry dude.  That isn't canceling people.  It's this new fad called holding people accountable who CLEARLY a) are really bad at what they do and expect top dollar to do it, or b) just don't give a sh*t in the first place.  

You mean like the time one of the most instantly recognizable people on the planet told a paralyzed man in a wheelchair to stand up and take a bow?

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

double check facts?  

this wasn't just on a powerpoint graphic that they threw up.  he said the name in the piece.

stripes lighten GIF

So you have everyone that has ever died memorized?

I looked through an actor who died in 2023 list today.  A couple were a surprise.  

9 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

stripes lighten GIF

So you have everyone that has ever died memorized?

I looked through an actor who died in 2023 list today.  A couple were a surprise.  

my job isn't to talk about football all day.

he should have just said sorry after a break and moved on.  nobody would care at that point.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

You mean like the time one of the most instantly recognizable people on the planet told a paralyzed man in a wheelchair to stand up and take a bow?

Not exactly sure who you are referring to, but yes.

But if this is an attempt to turn this into a left/right debate, end it here.  Decency goes beyond the nonsensical battle between political allegiance. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

double check facts?  

That is the point.  This isn't just a blogger at home working in his basement office.  This is supposed to be a team of professional journalists.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The thing to recognize here is people who do this for a living everyday need to create content.. When you do it everyday that's A LOT of content and at some point someone is going to be butt hurt over something. Anyone can cherry pick an issue or topic and abuse these guys for it but you have to keep in mind they also thrive on the controversy just like a troll they love the attention. 

Yeah....they're called hacks.