Mike White has a Concussion

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine feeling joy at Mike White being out. Mike White gave you the few fleeting moments of joy that Jets fans have been able to experience the past two seasons, but because he exposed Zach Wilson for being the atrocious QB, and disliked mama’s boy in the locker room that he is, you have to tear Mike White down? Sad. 

All Hail Mike White! He exposed Zach who has a better chance to be President of the USA than a starting QB in the NFL.

(For all you political majors out there, see what I just did) ?

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They hate that the locker room celebrated like it was Bastille Day both when White beat the Bengals last year and when he was named the starter after the Pats debacle. They’re not mad at White—they’re mad that his presence exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud. 

This is more true than funny.  But its funny too.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They hate that the locker room celebrated like it was Bastille Day both when White beat the Bengals last year and when he was named the starter after the Pats debacle. They’re not mad at White—they’re mad that his presence exposed Zach Wilson as a fraud. 

The team was 2-6 with Mike White.  He must have really got that team motived, what a leader!

His TD:INT was 8:12.

Put him being made of glass aside and Mike White is still a bad NFL QB.

Zach Wilson's being bad does not make Mike White good.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine feeling joy at Mike White being out. Mike White gave you the few fleeting moments of joy that Jets fans have been able to experience the past two seasons, but because he exposed Zach Wilson for being the atrocious QB, and disliked mama’s boy in the locker room that he is, you have to tear Mike White down? Sad. 

FD_xdXjXoBgPISy.thumb.jpeg.cb1bfde8508b1785c72c03c1665b986d.jpeg

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The team was 2-6 with Mike White.  He must have really got that team motived, what a leader!

Fair enough. It's true Zach Wilson's being bad does not make Mike White good however getting basically the same performance from a 5th round Cowboy castoff that the 2nd pick of the draft wonderboy produced should be all we need to know.

For whatever this is worth White is on his 3rd team. Zachenberg is most likely done after this contract.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

The Twitter says concussion protocol after seeing irregularities during the game.  So did he get concussed and didn’t come out until they noticed something was wrong or did they see him take a bad hit and put him concussion protocol?  I thought the rule is to pull the guy out if he hits his head.  Doesn’t sound like what they did with mfw.

The Dolphins concussion protocol team thought this was normal also:

chrome-capture-2022-8-25-1.gif?w=1024

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

White had four starts last season. 

First start against the Bears, leads the team to an all around domination

Second start at 10-2 Minnesota, throws for 369 yards and has them at the doorstep of a victory, but vile piece of sh*t Braxton Berrios drops White’s sidearm dime in the end zone to lose the game. White throws a desperation heave at the end that gets picked off

Third start at 10-3 Buffalo Bills, gets multiple ribs fractured on a crushing blow when vile piece of sh*t Connor McDermott allows Matt Milano a free run up the middle that nearly kills White. It was White’s second bone-crushing shot of the game. Despite the injuries, White again brings the Jets down into the red zone with a chance to tie and, again, rips an absolute seed to Braxton Berrios in the end zone that bounces off his facemask.

White misses two games with fractured ribs.

Fourth start: At 8-8 Seattle. Playing through pain, with White unable to cross his throwing arm over his ribcage, rendering him incapable of putting any mustard on his passes. Despite this, White takes every snap at quarterback in a losing effort. Zach Wilson was inactive for this game, despite White’s known diagnosis and the fact that a Jets win left them in playoff contention. 

Mike White is not good.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mike-white-jets-career-win-loss-record

image.png

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You make me want to hate myself!  And although you make me want to hate myself, I don't hate myself.  I like myself.  And it's sad as you say, but I do feel joy.  It's messed up.  I wish Mike White did not get a concussion.  That is real from the bottom of my heart.  But, I still feel joy. 

TomShane, "What is wrong with me?"

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who cares??? White is a Dolphin. I don’t understand the fascination with constantly talking about a mediocre QB who is no longer on the team. 

It's a chance to bash the Fins while having a good hearted run at ourselves and last years expectations.  It doesn't get any better than this for us Jets fans.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If Berrios could catch, MFW would've beaten Minnesota and the Jets would've been 8-4 (with MFW winning his 1st 2 starts).  The week after Berrios' drop was the game against Buffalo where MFW was walloped and almost cut in half.  Things were never the same after that (understandably). 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

White had four starts last season. 

First start against the Bears, leads the team to an all around domination

Second start at 10-2 Minnesota, throws for 369 yards and has them at the doorstep of a victory, but vile piece of sh*t Braxton Berrios drops White’s sidearm dime in the end zone to lose the game. White throws a desperation heave at the end that gets picked off

Third start at 10-3 Buffalo Bills, gets multiple ribs fractured on a crushing blow when vile piece of sh*t Connor McDermott allows Matt Milano a free run up the middle that nearly kills White. It was White’s second bone-crushing shot of the game. Despite the injuries, White again brings the Jets down into the red zone with a chance to tie and, again, rips an absolute seed to Braxton Berrios in the end zone that bounces off his facemask.

White misses two games with fractured ribs.

Fourth start: At 8-8 Seattle. Playing through pain, with White unable to cross his throwing arm over his ribcage, rendering him incapable of putting any mustard on his passes. Despite this, White takes every snap at quarterback in a losing effort. Zach Wilson was inactive for this game, despite White’s known diagnosis and the fact that a Jets win left them in playoff contention. 

Good summary/write up.

I think we all liked MW....A young man starting a family, looking for financial security. We've all been there.

While MW didn't turn out to be the savior we all hoped for, one thing can be said....he has STONES. That boy played with shattered ribs, one of the most painful injuries a player can get. Super tough. NOTHING was going to stop him from taking his shot. NOTHING

For that, I will always respect him as a football player, for better or worse.

Good luck in Miami Mike Fn White! We will never forget what you did for us here...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Berrios could catch, MFW would've beaten Minnesota and the Jets would've been 8-4 (with MFW winning his 1st 2 starts).  The week after Berrios' drop was the game against Buffalo where MFW was walloped and almost cut in half.  Things were never the same after that (understandably). 

That’s pretty funny because if Zach threw that same pass you wouldn’t be saying “if Berrios could catch.”

4 hours ago, CT Jets said:
Yup . how any jets fans can hate on Mike white is beyond me. He came in and lit up the bears and Vikings and played through a broken rib in the bills game 

and he’s in the game because our number 2 overall pick can’t complete a simple swing pass .

Good thing Zach has  now has completed about a thousand swing passes this summer.

White was a good journeyman kid that could not win. Vikings had the 29th rated defense and the Bears ? Don't get started with the Bears.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie