I think I figured out why I don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about Rodgers

Facts

15 hours ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer...

That not sad to anyone else?

I suggest stepping back and instead looking at it for what it is instead of what it's not as Rodgers with his open, all embracing personality has flipped a switch to ignite the fuse on what we've all been waiting for forever.

Here's some perspective , yesterday while mowing my lawn my long time Packer fan neighbor across the street didn't stop over to talk the latest as we usually do, almost like he was really...what's the word I'm looking for... it will come to me... a feeling he hasn't felt for the first time since maybe right before Farve first came to GB.  Think about that, you  know exactly what he's feeling... SAD!  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hey, he was hard at work, doing "business" in/aroundTampa.

image.png

IIRC he also once spoke to someone who owns a website - on the internet, mind you - so show some respect.

lol. yep. you got me. I flip burgers for a living 😂

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You must be trolling lol. He played injured in 2015. In 2013 brought them to the Super Bowl, he broke and still holds the NFL record for most qb tds 55, and passing yards 5477. All on his noodle arm lol dope.
Do you have a picture of Zach Wilson with his shirt off over your bed ? Lol 

You’re confusing years. The year he broke the record was 2 years before they won the SB. His SB year was so bad that he retired after. His arm was toast.

19 hours ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

Because you're a.....

19 hours ago, Facts said:

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

He’s ours right now and that’s all we root for. Did you root for Chad Pennington in Miami? Or Sanchez in Philly? How Revis in New England? 

Damien Woody spent 5 years in New England and 4 years in Detroit before moving to NY for 3 years. He considers himself a Jets fan. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

The only thing that will be sad is if the @bitonti and @FidelioJet of our community turn out right, and Rodgers is spent, and this grand experiment doesn't work out for at least a playoff berth this year.

Never let the perfect get in the way of the very good.

The most Jets thing to happen would be 9 wins technically a winning season but miss the playoffs in a loaded AFC 

hey Warfish, 9 wins is Very good buddy 

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he wins a SB here he will have as many rings as he had in GB.

He wins 2 here he eclipses that.

Think he wouldn’t be as much “ours” as GB’a in either of those instances?  Like….who cares.  

This team clearly can’t draft a QB of its own so this is the next best thing:  An adopted son who succeeds.  

GB is salty because Rodgers has already put in to be inducted as a Jet. Rodgers will always be ours*

*barring any sexual impropriety

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hey why not?  lol.

I was merely pointing out to Facts that there is definitely a path to him being as much ours as Green Bay’s.  Maybe even moreso given how much he hates those guys these days.  

“Zach might have a historically-unprecedented turnaround for the team that drafted him.”

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

“A 3-time NFL MVP and SB winner might win a couple more.”

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The most Jets thing to happen would be 9 wins technically a winning season but miss the playoffs in a loaded AFC 

hey Warfish, 9 wins is Very good buddy 

It's improvement. 

Albeit likely not enough to save JD and/or Saleh at the end of the day if they miss the playoffs again.

But I'm not going to wallow in worst-case scenarios before I've seen the team play week 1. 

I'm happy to leave that forum niche to you, for now.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

They traded a 1st and 2nd round pick for a 1-2 year rental/shot to win right now and forgot to put an offensive line in front of him. 

I'm not sure whats not to love. 

JD didn’t forget. He’s been cutting corners on OL for past 5 years. He’s been all in on the D though lol. Rex would love JD lol 

23 hours ago, Facts said:

CFB6DC97-EF52-4AB8-9D81-700653610DC3.jpeg

On 8/28/2023 at 4:20 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I do.  Mostly because the Colts org is trash.  They drafted John Elway, Peyton and Luck # 1 overall and got just 1 ring out of the deal, and only got that 1 because Rex Grossman was on the other side of the ball.  Completely overrated org.

PS17 is spot on here:

I look forward to Rodgers joining Messier in the 'Guys who never need to buy a drink in NYC' club.  History and future be damned.  I'm just glad somebody had the balls to take the challenge again for this city.  It's been 30 years!

On 8/28/2023 at 4:05 PM, Facts said:

Ask ANY ranger fan how they feel about Mark Messier.

On 8/28/2023 at 4:05 PM, Facts said:

Everything you say is f*cking stupid and wrong.

3 minutes ago, Facts said:

I love when people say that their opinion is that someone else’s opinion is wrong. Hilarious irony.

In my opinion, you're the kind of guy who likes goats.  I mean REALLY "likes" goats.  

But that's just my opinion, and surely your opinion is not that my opinion is wrong, is it?

That would be ironic.  And hilarious, but not for the goats.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In my opinion, you're the kind of guy who likes goats.  I mean REALLY "likes" goats.  

But that's just my opinion, and surely your opinion is not that my opinion is wrong, is it?

That would be ironic.  And hilarious, but not for the goats.

Yeah that’s totally the same as having an opinion on a football team.

I'm not a Ranger fan, (don't trash me please), but as an outsider looking in, seems Rangers Fans and NY sports fans in general seem to love Mark Messier and appreciate his efforts in getting the Rangers to a long over-due Championship.  The Jets are over-due too so I see a lot of parallels here if Rodgers wins us a Super Bowl.

If Rodgers does not win us a Super Bowl, I think his relatively short-time here will not cement him as an all-time great Jet in the eyes of the fan base.

• Upvote 1