I think I figured out why I don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about Rodgers

Facts

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

That not sad to anyone else?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 16
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I don't think many think of Peyton as a Bronco.   

I do.  Mostly because the Colts org is trash.  They drafted John Elway, Peyton and Luck # 1 overall and got just 1 ring out of the deal, and only got that 1 because Rex Grossman was on the other side of the ball.  Completely overrated org.

PS17 is spot on here:

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is dumb af. Brady is a lifelong Buccaneer legend now. Manning has literally dissociated with the Colts and become a fixture in the Denver community and Broncos organization. Rodgers hates the Packers and if he wins here will be a New York icon. Not to mention he’s in love with our organization, which is bizarre, but I’m not complaining. 

16 minutes ago, Facts said:

So many of you have embraced Rodgers and I have felt “meh” since the trade and I think i’ve figured out why.

It’s because he will never be “ours”. Everyone will always see him as a Packer, just like everyone saw Montana as a 49er, despite his time in KC. Just like everyone saw Favre as a Packer, despite his time in Minnesota. Just like Warren Moon will always be considered an Oiler, not a Viking.

There is no long-term future here. We are *hoping* for 2 or 3 years where we rent-a-hall-of-famer, who will never really be considered ours.

I see Rodgers as a jet.  Open your eyes!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I understand your feelings ...

But AR will be a legend if he brings the Jets into relevance single handedly.

I'm hoping that the Zach mentoring works out, and if it does his legend will become indelible as Zach leads the team for the next decade or so to more playoff seasons and maybe another SB.

One can dream.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Facts said:

And Stafford will always be a Lion.  I'm sure the Rams fans are crushed about that, or the Broncos fans about Peyton.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

And Stafford will always be a Lion.  I'm sure the Rams fans are crushed about that, or the Broncos fans about Peyton.  

I don’t agree about Stafford or Peyton.

They both went to new teams in their mid 30’s and we’re presume to have 5-7 years left when they signed with new teams.

Not so much with Rodgers.

Brady is probably the better example.

• More Ugh 1

19 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is dumb af. Brady is a lifelong Buccaneer legend now.

No he’s not.

I do a lot of business in Tampa. I’m literally 30 minutes outside of Tampa right now. No one gives a crap about Brady anymore. 

They removed his banner from the stadium the second he retired.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Facts said:

The disease.  You cant be happy with anything the jets do.  98% of this fanbase has it.  Unfortunately there is no cure.  We will be hoisting the lombardi and you will be opening bash zach threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Facts said:

What if he plays here 3 years wins 2 SB’s? 1 more then he won in GB, then who’s is he?  Jets fans shouldn’t need approval from the outside.  Enjoy the ride (if there is one).

I felt that way when the trade rumors started.  But it went away pretty quickly once I saw how genuinely happy Rodgers is to be here.

Hated the Favre signing from day 1 until the day his contract ended, but this is a different situation simply for the fact threat Rodgers wants to be a Jet and has fully, 100% embraced it. 

• Upvote 2

I assure you, if he wins here, he'll feel like one of "ours".  Same as if Favre had done it.  We look at Favre as a blip on the radar because A) he never really wanted to be here, and B ) his run was a flop.  If AR wins a SB, he's a NY legend for life.  Fans will lose their minds for him every time they bring him back, and he'll basically have free reign to do whatever the hell he wants in NY.  

Also what a sh*tty take that Tampa fans don't care about Brady.  You mean because they aren't talking about a guy who is retired, that he isn't a TB sports icon?  Mets fans aren't talking about Mike Piazza right now either, but guess what....when he shows up, he's a god who can do no wrong.  The same will be true for Rodgers if he brings one home here.  

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Nope

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Thats-a-fact GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Facts said:

No he’s not.

I do a lot of business in Tampa. I’m literally 30 minutes outside of Tampa right now. No one gives a crap about Brady anymore. 

They removed his banner from the stadium the second he retired.

I just spent a month in St Pete and I think you are way off.  The number of times people mentioned Tom Brady to me when they found out I was a Jets fan was mind blowing.  Not one person mentioned Todd Bowles.  

• Upvote 2