Jets Coaches Didn't Sleep

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a huge surprise I guess, but a reminder these dudes are human. 

I've never bought Saleh's BS.  Why is he devestated?  Great players go down all the time.  You rally the troops.  You draw up plays.  You coach the team.  This guy has been selling positive vibes and now that he has some adversity he's devestated.  Show some spine and rally the troops and figure out how to beat the Cowboys.   

This teams players fought like hell and won.  Those are your guys.  Coach them.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Did they say anything about the hubris of our GM and him having the audacity to think going all-in meant signing Randall Cobb and drafting a backup EDGE in R1, a backup C in the 2nd round, and a backup OT to fix the horrific OL that led to 3 QBs being beaten down last year?

Tippman was such a sh*t pick. That guy looks nowhere near ready to do anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

Am I old school in the fact that I’m annoyed our coaches are texting dweebs like this? Keep everything in house 

Spot on.  Parcell's wouldn't be sad that Rodgers was hurt.  Rodgers would be dead to him.  He would figure out how to win with the guys he had.

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I've never bought Saleh's BS.  Why is he devestated?  Great players go down all the time.  You rally the troops.  You draw up plays.  You coach the team.  This guy has been selling positive vibes and now that he has some adversity he's devestated.  Show some spine and rally the troops and figure out how to beat the Cowboys.   

This teams players fought like hell and won.  Those are your guys.  Coach them.

is this a real question? 

Just now, Biggs said:

Yes, why is a HC who never coaches and was brought in to build a positive culture devestated?   It makes him look like a fake snake oil salesman.  Show some spine. 

sure. as if he's supposed to ignore the fact that they went from superbowl contender to probably not a playoff contender due to the obvious drop-off in qb play. how fake would he look to pretend the team wasn't devastated yesterday with that loss?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sure. as if he's supposed to ignore the fact that they went from superbowl contender to probably not a playoff contender due to the obvious drop-off in qb play. how fake would he look to pretend the team wasn't devastated yesterday with that loss?

It shows a lack of support for the players.  He's a head coach.  Suck it up and act like one.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 2

This model doesnt work very often at all, ifi you can't identify and develop your own QB, you largely are incompetent as a coaching staff.

Say what you want but Saleh picked MLF, who picked ZW, and had no idea what he was doing.

Now you go and bring in a 40 yo HOF qb and your season is likely over on one play.

Get the right coaching staff in who can identify and devleop  a QB, or nothing else really matters

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Save the Parcells worship.  He failed to win with the guys he had, because the guy he had was Rick f'ing Mirer.

Sad how history repeats itself.  Achilles for the old starting QB, and a season lost because our backup QB sucks.

Parcells was one of the worst coaches handling QB's.  He sucked at it.  He also coached players and didn't worry about the guys who couldn't play.  He's a hall of fame HC.  He rebuilt a terrible team in 1 year.  

This is about Saleh.  He's selling positve vibes and he can't even enjoy a win.  He looked like a loser last night in his press confrence.  This guy is suppossed to be a leader of men.  He should act like it.  

Stop defending nonsense.  

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the thing that many are losing sight of.  The old Jets pack in the second Rodgers goes down.  You'd have guys asking to be traded at half-time, you'd hear Dalvin Cook saying he picked the wrong team, etc.

We got the opposite.  We've got a defense that stood even taller, players like Garrett Wilson balling to bail out the QB who got all the second team reps in Camp, and a Head Coach pressed the gas on 4th down deep in Bills territory late in the 4th Quarter during a tied game.

ARod may not have been on the field but this team played with the confidence that he's been emulating since the minute he got here.

Coaching staff gets an A for last night.  Everyone from Hackett to Ulbrich to Saleh and Brant Boyer.

This team beat Buffalo last year with Zach.  This team when healthy was winning a lot of games last year.  It's a staked team.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

At this point, feeling better is all that matters to me

For about 20 minutes last night, I felt like my dog died

Similar.

And let's be real, the truly uncomfortable feeling has been the past few months with the entire nation salivating over our team, our QB, and favoring the Jets for the Super Bowl.  We weren't used to that.  But, a good team that has some familiar flaws (ex. QB)?  We know that routine.  It's been in our DNA since Sanchez.  I'm already done mourning for Rodgers.  Next man up.  Let's see what Hackett can do with an uber-talented but schizophrenic QB like Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This model doesnt work very often at all, ifi you can't identify and develop your own QB, you largely are incompetent as a coaching staff.

Say what you want but Saleh picked MLF, who picked ZW, and had no idea what he was doing.

Now you go and bring in a 40 yo HOF qb and your season is likely over on one play.

Get the right coaching staff in who can identify and devleop  a QB, or nothing else really matters

That's up to the GM.  Douglas decided to draft Zach and hire a CEO HC from the defensive side of the ball. 

Parcells was one of the worst coaches handling QB's.  He sucked at it.  He also coached players and didn't worry about the guys who couldn't play.  He's a hall of fame HC.  He rebuilt a terrible team in 1 year.  

This is about Saleh.  He's selling positve vibes and he can't even enjoy a win.  He looked like a loser last night in his press confrence.  This guy is suppossed to be a leader of men.  He should act like it.  

Stop defending nonsense.  

Congrats on worst take of the week! You did it!!

• Upvote 1

This team beat Buffalo last year with Zach.  This team when healthy was winning a lot of games last year.  It's a staked team.  

And I don't understand why this gives anyone hope about the team's immediate future.  We're so tantalizingly close to being a relevant franchise again but one position is going to derail us, AGAIN.  And we're no closer to finding a short-term OR long-term solution there than we were when the current regime arrived.

It's infuriating.  Lucy keeps pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown again and again and again.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I don't understand why this gives anyone hope about the team's immediate future.  We're so tantalizingly close to being a relevant franchise again but one position is going to derail us, AGAIN.  

It's infuriating.  Lucy keeps pulling the ball away from Charlie Brown again and again and again.

Find Lucy and destroy her.

• Haha 3