NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They are barely finding playing time for Huff. They have to get rid of Lawson or flip one of the other guys. It’s why McDonald never made sense in the first round. 

When they drafted McDonald they envisioned being ahead in the 4 th quarter and being to unleash the pass rush.   Losing Rodgers changed that scenario, and I dont think they want him playing run defense quite yet.

If you trolls wants and whiners want McDonald active, give us some else to make inactive.

Active today are:

• 2 QB
  • 3 RB
  • 1 FB
  • 5 WR
  • 3 TE
  • 8 OL
  • 9 DL
  • 5 LB
  • 5 CB
  • 4 S
  • 1 PK
  • 1 P
  • 1 LS

the only other realistic option is Solomon Thomas.  And against Dallas, it seems to make sense to keep a more veteran player who will play more snaps. We have Lawson, Huff, Clemons, and Johnson at DE…and JFM

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

When they drafted McDonald they envisioned being ahead in the 4 th quarter and being to unleash the pass rush.   Losing Rodgers changed that scenario, and I dont think they want him playing run defense quite yet.

when I bought my Lambo I envisioned myself winning powerball...I was so sure

btw - anyone have a spare room?

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Not really. Playing the proven veteran over the hotshot rookie is not a bad decision. The Jets are STACKED at edge.

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If you trolls wants and whiners want McDonald active, give us some else to make inactive.

Active today are:

• 2 QB
  • 3 RB
  • 1 FB
  • 5 WR
  • 3 TE
  • 8 OL
  • 9 DL
  • 5 LB
  • 5 CB
  • 4 S
  • 1 PK
  • 1 P
  • 1 LS

the only other realistic option is Solomon Thomas.  And against Dallas, it seems to make sense to keep a more veteran player who will play more snaps. We have Lawson, Huff, Clemons, and Johnson at DE…and JFM

Exactly. Jets have 10 quality dlinemen, and it's hard to activate them all.

Huff is more valuable right now, and Clemons is an asset on specials.

McDonald will get his chances - but just not this week.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Active today are:

• 2 QB
  • 3 RB
  • 1 FB
  • 5 WR
  • 3 TE
  • 8 OL
  • 9 DL
  • 5 LB
  • 5 CB
  • 4 S
  • 1 PK
  • 1 P
  • 1 LS

I mean he was a first round pick. It’s week 2. You find a spot for these guys generally. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he was a first round pick. It’s week 2. You find a spot for these guys generally. 

Generally, but not always. McGovern is a top 15 center. Tippman has a higher upside but is not necessarily better at this point. Sitting McDonald behind Jermaine Johnson, Carl Lawson, and Bryce Huff isn't exactly a travesty. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, genot said:

It's something that we pick and chose when to do. At the start of the game, it's something nobody would be expecting.. Let Wilson look over the field and hit the open target. That's basic stuff. Especially when a team wouldn't be expecting it. A little risky. We can't baby Zach, any more. It's his third year. Time to grow up.

I mean, I get it, but it's more high risk than high reward given that it's Wilson. Even if he gets a big hitter to start the game, it's not like his rep suggests that it could be a regular thing they have to worry about. 

Here's hoping he takes another step towards decency. Physical tools are all there. 

• Upvote 1

Douglas and Saleh blundered badly by making Wilson the #2 QB. Once they made the decision to surrender future assets for Rodgers and go all in on a Super Bowl chase they needed to sign a real QB as backup. If they were committed to keeping Wilson, then he should have been a rostered #3 QB. It doesn’t matter what the salary allocation for the QB would have been. Getting insurance for a win-now team and a 39 year old QB was essential.  The only thing Douglas has done right as GM is the 2022 draft. 

• Post of the Week 1