Slow Starting Saleh

It kinda seems like the Jets start games just trying to feel the opposing defense out - not attacking and going all out for that 1st drive TD. I think they want to make sure Zach isn't going to throw 3 interceptions in the 1st qtr so they come out very conservative. I'm thinking the plan this week will be to attack from the get go because they have a little more faith in this offense. The line is playing OK. Zach played surprisingly well last game. Receivers and backs are healthy. Time to put up from the get go this week.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

It kinda seems like the Jets start games just trying to feel the opposing defense out - not attacking and going all out for that 1st drive TD. I think they want to make sure Zach isn't going to throw 3 interceptions in the 1st qtr so they come out very conservative. I'm thinking the plan this week will be to attack from the get go because they have a little more faith in this offense. The line is playing OK. Zach played surprisingly well last game. Receivers and backs are healthy. Time to put up from the get go this week.

Don't most/all teams have like 15-20 scripted plays lined up to start the offence?  So what is out plan, "what say guy that we be scared of our own shadows"?

42 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

He defers the kick and the defense gives up a score on the first drive immediately

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

He defers the kick and the defense gives up a score on the first drive immediately

They will challenge the Broncos' defense this weekend. They need to stay aggressive though the air immediately and open the run later. Our challenge is going to be the run D, even though Broncos OL isn't that great at all. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Don't most/all teams have like 15-20 scripted plays lined up to start the offence?  So what is out plan, "what say guy that we be scared of our own shadows"?

Yes! If you recall Gase was an expert at this. After the script was done was when the offense got into trouble. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MileyCyrusFan said:

The hallmark of a Robert Saleh coached team is coming out flat. The Jets have only held a halftime lead in 15% of his games. 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So it’s safe to say that Saleh teams don’t….come in like a wrecking ball?

We have the worst qb in the league for Saleh’s time here. 

misleading stat. Can’t lead when your Offense is hamstrung 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, MileyCyrusFan said:

Not really. He’s only won 12 games in total. He’s 5-1 in the games leading after halftime. Most of the other wins were in games where the score was tied or the Jets were up by a score or less. His largest comeback was actually week 1 vs Buffalo.

I am very skeptical about Saleh. He’s the worst coach I have seen since Kotite in regards to his teams consistently coming out flat. 

No the worst since Kotite were Bowles and Gase, which neither does anything as well as Saleh does. All Saleh ever needs is a consistent QB. He went down 4 plays into this season.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

No the worst since Kotite were Bowles and Gase, which neither does anything as well as Saleh does. All Saleh ever needs is a consistent QB. He went down 4 plays into this season.

Saleh is 12-27.  Yes Zach sucking is a big reason for it but if Saleh knew what he was doing White starts week 1 2022 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, MileyCyrusFan said:

Not really. He’s only won 12 games in total. He’s 5-1 in the games leading after halftime. Most of the other wins were in games where the score was tied or the Jets were up by a score or less. His largest comeback was actually week 1 vs Buffalo.

I am very skeptical about Saleh. He’s the worst coach I have seen since Kotite in regards to his teams consistently coming out flat. 

He’s had the worst qb the NFL has seen in over a decade. Somehow Jets managed to win despite. We shall see next yr what he can do with Rodgers, but he didn’t choose Zach Wilson to be his qb. He was forced on him.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He’s had the worst qb the NFL has seen in over a decade. Somehow Jets managed to win despite. We shall see next yr what he can do with Rodgers, but he didn’t choose Zach Wilson to be his qb. He was forced on him.

Or is he the worst QB because of the HC?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1