Guys, even Mark Sanchez thinks Zach sucks

Jetsfan80

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m glad that we’re largely in agreement 

If smoothbrains want to trade a 1st round pick for a 12 game rental on Kirk Cousins, who presently has the Vikings, who were 13-4 last year before choking on a fat cock in the playoffs, sitting at a lower spot on the totem pole than us…well, what could possibly go wrong?

This 

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I’m glad that we’re largely in agreement

It's always nice when it happens.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If smoothbrains want to trade a 1st/2nd round pick for a 12 game rental on Kirk Cousins, who presently has the Vikings, who were 13-4 last year before choking on a fat cock in the playoffs, sitting at a lower spot on the totem pole than us…well, what could possibly go wrong?

For the record, since I get @Warfish every time anyone in America says "Cousins" out loud three times, I do NOT wish to trade our 2024 first round pick to rent Kirk Cousins the rest of this season.  Also, we can't I don't think, the pick is in limbo I believe till the year is over and the conditional 1st or 2nd for Rodgers completes (We all know it'll be a 2nd, but I believe it's actually untradeable till that is 100% true later this season).

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Because why settle for average when you can get elite in a tough AFC?
I think we’re average QB play away from a home playoff game and an AFC title game appearance.  Rodgers at a near 2021 level gets us a SB.
Average wouldn't have cost us high draft picks.

Look, be real. This offense has other holes besides the QB. The OL is patchwork. We have 1 WR and the rest are average at best. Those two units are not SB quality. And the coaching is very suspect at times. But I'm glad you think we were a shoe in with Rodgers. I was optimistic but you were obviously balls deep in that dream.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Average wouldn't have cost us high draft picks.

Look, be real. This offense has other holes besides the QB. The OL is patchwork. We have 1 WR and the rest are average at best. Those two units are not SB quality. And the coaching is very suspect at times. But I'm glad you think we were a shoe in with Rodgers. I was optimistic but you were obviously balls deep in that dream.

OL has been better than expected.  Breece and G. Wilson have been studs.  Defense obviously dominant.  Where are these holes we supposedly have?

We have one major hole at QB.  None of the issues with the rest of the roster are anything to worry about.  Tonight proved that.

To be fair, most of em are in the Mafia forum and the 200,000 post thread.
Most forums dont count posts in the non football sections.

I dont think I've read a post from you that doesn't have to do with Zach Wilson. I'd put you on ignore but trying to read a thread with 3/4 of the posts not visible is a pain in the ass.

Just now, bicketybam said:

I dont think I've read a post from you that doesn't have to do with Zach Wilson. I'd put you on ignore but trying to read a thread with 3/4 of the posts not visible is a pain in the ass.

You’re missing out on premium content my man.  

Just now, bicketybam said:

Truth.  

OL has been better than expected.  Breece and G. Wilson have been studs.  Defense obviously dominant.  Where are these holes we supposedly have?
We have one major hole at QB.  None of the issues with the rest of the roster are anything to worry about.  Tonight proved that.
WR2 is a huge issue. And I think the line has been good considering the injuries but they are not a top unit in the league. Thank God for Becton though. Lots of crow to be eaten for many that wrote the guy off.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Zach isn’t great. However, maybe because of my age and I’ve seen so much pathetic football from this franchise that when they have this kind of win, I just enjoy it. 

Well said! I feel the same way. I was so excited to win tonight.

I don’t see my self as anti or pro Zach

II’ll root for Zach like crazy, hope he can continue to get better and evolve into a very good QB. I simply don’t expect it to happen. I don’t think he has it in him to a be a good to very good QB in the NFL. 

But I sure as hell will root for him and pray that I am wrong. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) It’s a team game.

2) We’d be 5-1 with top 25-ish QB play.

Really?  I didn't know you were Nostradamus.  

I take back everything I was going to say, since you already know it anyway.

So, I presume then, since it is a team game, those three losses weren't all on Zach, since, well....you win as a team and you lose as a team.  Right?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) It’s a team game.

Should be at least 4-2, the KC game was blatantly Stolen.  Wilson straight up outplays first ballot HOFer Mahomes.  Also I saw stats where his play in the last 3 games puts him at around 17th in the NFL.  A substantial leap from his first 2 years.  This is the first time playing you’ve seen him him plant, step and fire instead of being a total basket case once the ball is snapped.

Today vs Philly was almost Stolen, that was no TD they gave Philly first drive.  Also that was no catch Brown made at a critical point in the game.

The Dallas game was actually competitive for 3 quarters, with non stop jail breaks coming at Wilson all game.

Wilson is now WALKING, when most thought he could barely crawl, let’s see if he starts Running ie blow outs coming with this D vs teams that were NOT in last years Super Bowl.

• Upvote 2

1) It’s a team game.

Should be at least 4-2, the KC game was blatantly Stolen.  Wilson straight up outplays first ballot HOFer Mahomes.  Also I saw stats where his play in the last 3 games puts him at around 17th in the NFL.  A substantial leap from his first 2 years.  This is the first time playing you’ve seen him him plant, step and fire instead of being a total basket case once the ball is snapped.

Today vs Philly was almost Stolen, that was no TD they gave Philly first drive.  Also that was no catch Brown made at a critical point in the game.

The Dallas game was actually competitive for 3 quarters, with non stop jail breaks coming at Wilson all game.

Wilson is now WALKING, when most thought he could barely crawl, let’s see if he starts Running ie blow outs coming with this D vs teams that were NOT in last years Super Bowl.

1) It’s a team game.

1) It’s a team game.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) Conklin had to come back for the ball.

2) That wasn’t the proper read there anyways.  LB was draped on him.  

I know you are Jets fan. Enjoy the win. Zach did enough and that’s what matters. Im done with this topic tonight

I've been highly critical of Zach Wilson this season, but he played a solid game today.

He hung strong in the pocket all day and climbed the ladder well. This game was the best of his career in this regard. He was pushing the ball downfield and not going to his check down too quickly like he did in previous games this season. His ball placement was consistently good as well. He used his legs wisely and picked up some decent gains. Most importantly, zero interceptions and zero fumbles.

How many passes hit receivers in the hands today and ended up incomplete? He had a ~35 yard pass taken off the board because of a dumb blindsided block penalty way down the field. He easily could have been pushing 300 yards today if a few bounces go his way.

He took a couple of sacks today he probably shouldn't have taken. But overall, he looked like a solid, competent quarterback out there from start to finish.

Between the KC and Philly games, it seems like things may actually be starting to click for him. It's early, but if he can keep it up, continue gaining respect from his teammates, and building up his confidence, everything will fall into place.

He and the team are in a very good position heading into the bye week.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

329 yards on 55 attempts.

He looked like dogsh*t to me, FWIW

He threw for over 300 becasue of his 3 awful picks early in the game putting them in a losing position.  Jetsfan80 is amusing, he lauds minshew for this game and pats him on the back.

Zach Wilson vs the pats last year.  355 yards and 2 tds.....but 3 picks and he was the worst QB who ever lived.

• Upvote 1