Jets @ Miami

Web72

57 minutes ago, Web72 said:

A bunch of us are going to Miami in December. Where’s a great place to stay ? I’m thinking Miami Beach or South Beach. 

Anybody have any suggestions?

Miami Beach would be fun, think South Beach is basically the same place.  Ft. Lauderdale would be a lot of fun also

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A trip to Miami for the December game is now on my radar.  My high school senior finishes his semester on 12/15.  Might be an early Christmas gift to do a father-son trip for the game.

Interested to see who else is going and how big of a Jets crowd we might have.

It’s always a large Jets crowd 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

A trip to Miami for the December game is now on my radar.  My high school senior finishes his semester on 12/15.  Might be an early Christmas gift to do a father-son trip for the game.

Interested to see who else is going and how big of a Jets crowd we might have.

I live down here.  If they are looking good then, there's a good chance that Ill go.

• Upvote 1

Been in Miami my entire life. I live south in Cutler Bay. 

Two things I'd recommend, never go to a game in Miami and never stay in South Beach lol 

In reality, Miami fans are horrible. They will try and pick fights with you the entire game and their fan base is full of blow hards who either don't speak English or do not know a thing about football other than that they are good, so they're fans again. South Beach is a sh*t hole. Full of people on drugs. Full of crime. And expensive as all hell. The stadium is in Miami Gardens off the turnpike, so not at all close to south beach, but there is not much around in Miami Gardens. 

If you want to get a true Miami experience, you stay in south Beach, but I'd be one to tell you the "true Miami experience" is not a good one. I'd recommend staying on the beach in Aventura or Sunny Isles. Much nicer area and close to the stadium

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, billo83 said:

If you're looking for partying type of fun, definitely South Beach. My favorite place there is the Clevelander. If you want something more quiet or subdued, North Miami Beach might be better, or stay in Fort Lauderdale if you want something in between

I’ve been looking at the Clevelander. It’s an adults only hotel which is a major plus. Should be a great party scene 

3 hours ago, Vudu said:

Florida is a sh*thole.

😆.  My neighbors all work for L3Harris, SpaceX, Grumman, Lockheed. Northrup, Pratt, Boeing, etc. Or are Retired Military officers. Please let me know what paradise you live in compared to the Space Coast...

Oh, cool! Another Falcon 9 launch tonight! 72* and totally clear, living due West of Complex 39A and 40 is cool, watch the sky light up and the launch from the driveway, and close enough that not only do we hear the rockets liftoff, it rattles the windows. 

Beats watching vagrants sh*tting in the streets, tent cities of fine upstanding fentanyl abusers, or the annual summer riots in many of the non-sh*thole areas in the NE and West Coast. 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 10:53 AM, Web72 said:

A bunch of us are going to Miami in December. Where’s a great place to stay ? I’m thinking Miami Beach or South Beach. 

Anybody have any suggestions?

Clevelander hotel/ nice outdoor bar across beach. Big TV, good place to watch sports. Pretty reasonable prices for south beach. 

On 10/21/2023 at 1:13 PM, Falco21 said:

Been in Miami my entire life. I live south in Cutler Bay. 

Two things I'd recommend, never go to a game in Miami and never stay in South Beach lol 

In reality, Miami fans are horrible. They will try and pick fights with you the entire game and their fan base is full of blow hards who either don't speak English or do not know a thing about football other than that they are good, so they're fans again. South Beach is a sh*t hole. Full of people on drugs. Full of crime. And expensive as all hell. The stadium is in Miami Gardens off the turnpike, so not at all close to south beach, but there is not much around in Miami Gardens. 

If you want to get a true Miami experience, you stay in south Beach, but I'd be one to tell you the "true Miami experience" is not a good one. I'd recommend staying on the beach in Aventura or Sunny Isles. Much nicer area and close to the stadium

2nd the don’t stay in south beach. 

But I’ve gone to nearly every game in Miami since 2008 and never had an issue with the fans. There are always a ton of Jets fans and I’ve never had anyone even attempt to heckle me.

On 10/21/2023 at 8:04 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

😆.  My neighbors all work for L3Harris, SpaceX, Grumman, Lockheed. Northrup, Pratt, Boeing, etc. Or are Retired Military officers. Please let me know what paradise you live in compared to the Space Coast...

Oh, cool! Another Falcon 9 launch tonight! 72* and totally clear, living due West of Complex 39A and 40 is cool, watch the sky light up and the launch from the driveway, and close enough that not only do we hear the rockets liftoff, it rattles the windows. 

Beats watching vagrants sh*tting in the streets, tent cities of fine upstanding fentanyl abusers, or the annual summer riots in many of the non-sh*thole areas in the NE and West Coast. 

Waves are good today, plan on surfing before dark.  Should be good in the morning too.  Thinking about playing some golf in the afternoon too, weather is going to be perfect.  Maybe surf again on Sunday, maybe do some fishing, walk the dog on the beach, idk, not sure but what I wont have to do is what I did the last time I spent the weekend in the city; avoid human excrement in the streets, witness homeless man masturbating on the street, witness homeless man masturbating in the subway, witnessed a crack head pull her panties down and pick her a$$hole in the street but the nice part was, they give you a free rat upon arrival! 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

2nd the don’t stay in south beach. 

But I’ve gone to nearly every game in Miami since 2008 and never had an issue with the fans. There are always a ton of Jets fans and I’ve never had anyone even attempt to heckle me.

Nightstalker and myself both had issues with a-hole Dophins fans inside the stadium a few years back.  I had to hold him back from rag-dolling some big mouthed tough guy.  The Fins fan never thanked me but he really should have.  Really.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green DNA said:

Nightstalker and myself both had issues with a-hole Dophins fans inside the stadium a few years back.  I had to hold him back from rag-dolling some big mouthed tough guy.  The Fins fan never thanked me but he really should have.  Really.

Were they threatening you guys or just being jerks?  If the latter, that's no excuse to ragdoll somebody.  Not worth it to go to such games if it even came close to that being the outcome.  That's a potentially life-changing event (for the far worse).

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Were they threatening you guys or just being jerks?  If the latter, that's no excuse to ragdoll somebody.  Not worth it to go to such games if it even came close to that being the outcome.  That's a potentially life-changing event (for the far worse).

He did the intentional shoulder bump in order to start some crap.  He deserved a pummeling.  This was in the concourse prior to getting to our seats so no use missing the game over some a-hole.   There was a decent size JN contingent at that game, good times.