RUMOR - Derrick Henry to Bills

JETS SB

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

No idea if this guy is legit or not. He's followed by some accounts I trust so I'll give it a chance anyway.

The biggest weakness on the Bills is the lack of a legit running game outside of Allen IMO. This could change the way you have to defend them.

The Bills never try to run the ball. 

They never commit to it, even when they're finding success with it.

Not sure if it's lack of confidence in the run blocking or more of just a philosophical thing where they believe putting everything on Josh Allen's shoulders gives them "the best chance to win".

Josh Allen is their goal line back. 

He's their best rusher.  He's basically the entire offense,

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The biggest weakness on the Bills is the lack of a legit running game outside of Allen IMO. This could change the way you have to defend them.

You think?

James Cook: 102 carries, 486 yards, 4.8 yards/carry, 1 TD

Derrick Henry: 98 carries, 425 yards, 4.3 yards/carry, 3 TDs

Is Henry that much of a game-changer at this point in his career? 

I feel like he would definitely be a nice piece for them to have, but I'm still going to be most focused on their passing game and Allen making big throws from in and outside of the pocket when we play them, regardless of whether they trade for Henry. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You think?

James Cook: 102 carries, 486 yards, 4.8 yards/carry, 1 TD

Derrick Henry: 98 carries, 425 yards, 4.3 yards/carry, 3 TDs

Is Henry that much of a game-changer at this point in his career? 

I feel like he would definitely be a nice piece for them to have, but I'm still going to be most focused on their passing game and Allen making big throws from in and outside of the pocket when we play them, regardless of whether they trade for Henry. 

Not sure but he's a totally different beast than James Cook. You can basically always have another DB on the field when playing the Bills right now. Not sure you want to try that with Henry at RB. It's a little different being the RB for the Bills than it is the Titans.

I tend to ignore the Titans on TV so I can't speak to how good Henry may or may not be still.

• Upvote 2

Where's that video of Bills fans freaking tf out when they passed on Breece Hall? And then the Jets took him the next day! 🤣

But seriously, a stout running game has been lacking in Buffalo since OJ murdered a bunch of ppl. If they had snagged Breece they'd be far more dangerous. I think Allen has been their leading rusher for 3 seasons now.

As long as they didn't get Breece, I'm happy.