I Was Wrong ...

KRL

You had casuals in the game thread blaming Zach for this spouting a “real QB” would have made the snap LMFAO sh*t is comical and embarrassing at this point 
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_10/image.thumb.png.0c9d1dc6651a47dfb6469f99cf65eacd.png
I was in the game thread .. that was a short lived accusation that I stomped out immediately.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Zach has always shown glimpses. He needs to show it consistently. He hasn’t. Maybe that’s on the coaches not trusting him. Maybe they see stuff in practice and on film to not trust him. All I know is that it’s not currently good enough to get to where the rest of the team is ready to be. 

I listened to the game on XM during a drive back from DC.  It sounded like Zach simply sucked, I was frustrated. I watched the film earlier and he was in danger almost every play, there were 4-5 drops that were good balls. That said, I didn't think he looked much different than when he plays with no elements, sun, decent protection.  He seems to always be on the run, throwing across the field, not converting on 3rd downs. BUT yesterday, on balance, on his 3rd center, 2nd string Oline, he didn't "collapse".  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Zach has always shown glimpses. He needs to show it consistently. He hasn’t. Maybe that’s on the coaches not trusting him. Maybe they see stuff in practice and on film to not trust him. All I know is that it’s not currently good enough to get to where the rest of the team is ready to be. 

This is where it is at. The glimpses are great but it needs to be an all the time thing.

This thread by @KRL is making me change my mind about the game. I am going to watch the All 22. At first glance it seemed terrible for Zach. There were drops and I know there were a ton of breakdowns.

Two years ago Zach would have thrown 4 INTs in this game. So this is improvement but it is what we were hoping for in year one level improvement.

The Chargers defense isn't good. They need to win this game.

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DireJet said:

We’re once again at the gaslighting stage of ZW evaluation. 

He is wildly inconsistent & downright bad for the majority of his starts. He’s not a good QB but is propped up by the league’s best ST and DEF. This is what it is. Stop the gaslighting. 

you cant watch the tape and come to this conclusion 

CANT BE DONE!

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why did we go get Rodgers if the plan wasn’t to go get not one but several home playoff games?

I get that Rodgers’ injury skewered that, but this is STILL a team capable of winning this division with remotely competitive QB play.  That’s how good the rest of the roster has been, particularly the defense.  You can’t just punt away a season like that.  

I don’t agree with you here that this was somehow a juggernaut of a team one piece away, I’m of the view the Rodgers get was a fairly desperate last throw of the dice, and I fully supported it but people are kidding themselves if they felt this was a Super Bowl stacked roster, there’s some young talent for sure but there fricken ought to be when you’ve traded away the dining room table and grandma’s wedding ring to acquire all the high draft picks we’ve had the last few years. I still feel this defense can’t get off the field against a decent QB but for sure we are trending up there….we have outstanding ST play and have done for a while now(Bryden Mann notwithstanding) but I just don’t see a Super Bowl stacked offense, the injuries sure don’t help and clearly the hope was that AR would elevate those around him but he lasted 4 plays for a reason …and that reason was not Zach Wilson 

• Upvote 2

This is where it is at. The glimpses are great but it needs to be an all the time thing.
This thread by [mention=28267]KRL[/mention] is making me change my mind about the game. I am going to watch the All 22. At first glance it seemed terrible for Zach. There were drops and I know there were a ton of breakdowns.
Two years ago Zach would have thrown 4 INTs in this game. So this is improvement but it is what we were hoping for in year one level improvement.
http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2023_10/image.thumb.png.ce992084103b7e4134fa728791e23e59.png
I watched it twice .. he had 2 poor throws.. though one looked like miscommunication... and one terrible deja vu dirtball .. but plenty of good stuff to use moving forward.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This thread by @KRL is making me change my mind about the game. I am going to watch the All 22. At first glance it seemed terrible for Zach. There were drops and I know there were a ton of breakdowns.

image.png

Problem is, if they don't do something about this OL, the Chargers defense won't have to be good to get to the QB all day long.

Pray to the football gods that Joe Tippmann is ready to roll on Monday night.  That alone should make a huge difference.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

you cant watch the tape and come to this conclusion 

CANT BE DONE!

Casually watching All-22 on your lunch break or while casually chillin' in your living room at night isn't "Watching Tape", bro. 

Oh, how's the weather in Provo? Snowing?

Screenshot2023-10-31121928.png.a8f15acc490c59f8525a3139fe1ced41.png

Die hard Jets fan... that joined JN in 2021? Really? You must really take your "Jets fanhood" so... casually....

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Simple, Zach was under crazy stress all game and the defense of the Giants was something I was worried about waaaaay before the game.  

Stress of defensive linemen running loose is nothing. How about angry fans who can’t even enjoy a Jets win (or winning record) because Zach Wilson is the back up QB for the NY Jets? 

One resident a-hole this week said he’d like to whack his knees with a baseball bat. 

Three game win streak! 

• Upvote 2

It is not Zach's fault that he was born in this era. How does anyone knows the differences between past and present players if they never were in that situation to prove it? It is a moronic cliche at best. 
Why would you even reply to such a juvenile comment? If anything, Wilson has shown to be able to take a hit. White would be in the hospital by now if he were the starter.
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
40 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:
It is not Zach's fault that he was born in this era. How does anyone knows the differences between past and present players if they never were in that situation to prove it? It is a moronic cliche at best. 

Why would you even reply to such a juvenile comment? If anything, Wilson has shown to be able to take a hit. White would be in the hospital by now if he were the starter.

Careful, the priest might be upset for using his Lord's name in vain. 

@T0mShane

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

image.png

20148510_0.jpg

• Sympathy 1

Why did we go get Rodgers if the plan wasn’t to go get not one but several home playoff games?
I get that Rodgers’ injury skewered that, but this is STILL a team capable of winning this division with remotely competitive QB play.  That’s how good the rest of the roster has been, particularly the defense.  You can’t just punt away a season like that.  
Super Bowl Bound! JD executive of the year!

53 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

whats funny is if KRL made a post saying how bad of a job ZW did, the nitwit crew would be saying how KRL is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board (which he is). Yet, since he said ZW did good under the circumstances, he doestn know what hes talking about and is obviously wrong, nitwits going to nitwit....

Truth

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have higher expectations than “just be competitive”.  That’s not good enough.  We’ve watched inept football for long enough.  We fans deserve a shot at a home playoff game for the first time since 2002.

Its on its way

32 minutes ago, KRL said:

Interesting. 

Jeremiah, Orlovsky, you and now Nania....Have all come to the same conclusion after the watching the tape.  That Zach Wilson was pretty good in a win.

But it seems the majority of JN refuse to accept it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

dont forget the rain. oh yea and those big drops

Two teams played in those horrible conditions, but Jet fans are killing the guy that out performed the other team by 240%.

But he fumbled on a blind side hit in a down pour.

But there was a bad center exchange with the FOURTH string center off the street.

But Zach took a bad sack after running for his life all game and stepping up in the face of pressure all day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Two teams played in those horrible conditions, but Jet fans are killing the guy that out performed the other team by 240%.

But he fumbled on a blind side hit in a down pour.

But there was a bad center exchange with the FOURTH string center off the street.

But Zach took a bad sack after running for his life all game and stepping up in the face of pressure all day. 

It was the 4th down play for me. Can't take a sack there. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Interesting. 

Jeremiah, Orlovsky, you and now Nania....Have all come to the same conclusion after the watching the tape.  That Zach Wilson was pretty good in a win.

But it seems the majority of JN refuse to accept it.

Horrific and inept for 59 minutes.

Good after that, after Gano blew the win for the Giants.

If you're going to argue he was good during those 59 minutes, yeah, you're probably right I wouldn't accept that.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That was a great throw find a new slant

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh sure, it was all the throw.  Hall was barely a part of that play, totally.  All Zach, no brakes!

The real arguments are too tough so you need to make up your own.  Must be tough.  

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Horrific and inept for 59 minutes.

Good after that, after Gano blew the win for the Giants.

If you're going to argue he was good during those 59 minutes, yeah, you're probably right I wouldn't accept that.

So I guess you didn't read or watch what Jeremiah, Orlovsky, KRL and Nania had to say.  That is all my post pointed to.  Not my assessment, but that I was happy to see that some experts thought he was good,.

My post didn't argue anything.  I came away thinking he was bad after the game too and I haven't watched any more film to prove or disprove anything....but if four people whose opinions I respect said they did watched the film and came away thinking he was actually pretty good.  For me that's good news.  It's reason to be optimistic ---- but it seems that's not allowed when it comes to Zach.

Look, I get you have an agenda and I can appreciate that.  But in this case your argument holds no water.  I would have no problem if you said you watch the film and Jeremiah, Orlovsky, KRL and Nania are all wrong, you're entitled to an opinion. - But what you're doing here is simply denying the provable fact of what they actually stated - I don't get it.  They weren't discussing the last minute they referenced is overall performance.

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

ya Breece and his 1.7 YPC really saved him last week!

CASUAL!!

Does that have some other connotation in Utah? Is calling someone "casual" a polite way of saying @sshole or something? Because YOU showed up 2 years ago. We been here for DECADES, bruh. 

This is @HelenOfTroy syndrome once again. When Zach is gone, you'll leave too. 

So I guess we have that to look forward to.

• Upvote 1