Daniel Jones injury - Torn ACL out for season

Maxman

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

That contract extension is going to go down as one of the worst ever. If his year is done to touchdowns and six interceptions for 45 million. Ouch.

The Daniel Jones contract is better than trading 2 seconds and paying Aaron Rodgers 80 mil for  4 plays

A couple weeks ago people were saying the Watson trade was a bust 

here's the truth Jones is 26, Watson is 28 these players have futures - they are young and talented and can bounce right back 

Rodgers is 40, coming off a major injury and might play for another year (if we're lucky) 

and what does "play" even mean? Another 4 plays and another major injury? It was only 4 plays but he looked like hot garbage - gunshy, improvising school yard ball on a quick screen. he looked like a dude who should be retired 

Say what you will about Daniel Jones he shouldn't be retired 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

The Daniel Jones contract is better than trading 2 seconds and paying Aaron Rodgers 80 mil for  4 plays

here's the truth Jones is 26, Watson is 28 these players have futures - they are young and talented and can bounce right back 

Rodgers is 40, coming off a major injury and might play for another year (if we're lucky) 

and what does "play" even mean? Another 4 plays and another major injury? It was only 4 plays but he looked like hot garbage - like a dude who should be retired 

Say what you will about Daniel JOnes he shouldn't be retired 

Crap on Rodgers all you want, that deal for Daniel Jones is still a bad one.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

and what does "play" even mean? Another 4 plays and another major injury? It was only 4 plays but he looked like hot garbage - gunshy, improvising school yard ball on a quick screen. he looked like a dude who should be retired 

Lol. Your great poster but this is a terrible take.

Rodgers is coming back and even if he doesn't come back this year, the Jets will be Super Bowl favorites next season.

Giants are going to have a 22 million cap hit in 2025 when Jones isn't even on the team.

• Upvote 3

I actually didn't think he was coming back this week. Sound like he was going to be out longer. But this new injury sounds pretty serious. I guess official word will come tomorrow?

That contract extension is going to go down as one of the worst ever. If his year is done to touchdowns and six interceptions for 45 million. Ouch.

If you think that's the worst part of this deal, well, it's not!  

The Giants will continue to lose this year with Tommy Devito,  and right now, are in line to pick #4 in the first round.  By the end of the year, they might end up with the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.  You have 2 immensely talented QB's that will be picked early, and If you are the Giants, you have to pick one of those QB's if they are available.

If and when that happens, what do you do with Daniel Jones?  Trade him?  You're not going to get much for him, having 2 neck injuries, and now an ACL and out for the rest of the year.  Plus, the guy is getting $45,000,000.00 each of the next 2 years!  

Who in their right mind, will want to give up high draft picks for Jones, and pay him all of that money, for a QB who is injury prone.

I think it's the next 2 years that if the Giants have to hold onto Jones, that will make this deal so terrible!

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Rodgers is coming back and even if he doesn't come back this year, the Jets will be Super Bowl favorites next season.

Giants are going to have a 22 million cap hit in 2025 when Jones isn't even on the team.

The Jets have a 63 million cap hit on Rodgers in 2026 

This is one of those hot takes no one can admit it's real until it happens 

I'm a future predictor and my prediction is that the rodgers contract/trade was a bad choice 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I actually didn't think he was coming back this week. Sound like he was going to be out longer. But this new injury sounds pretty serious. I guess official word will come tomorrow?

With that kind of performance I'm thinking he has a future as a U.S. Senator. #DontBanMe 

That sucks.  Football come down to injury luck every year 
Look at Joe burrow when he was nicked up as compared to now... if Lamar gets hurt, they will take a hit... you are spot on... and I hate to say it... if Zach gets hurt, we might even be worse off...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Why? Because he got hurt?

Using that logic the Rodgers deal was worse 

At least Jones is young enough to have a future 

Your take is so off that I almost decided not to even respond, but here goes!

As I stated in another post, the Giants are presently 2-7, and right now, are to pick #4 in the first round of the draft.  If they continue to lose, and let's be real, they will continue to lose with Tommy Devito as their QB, will easily move up to either #2 or maybe even #1 pick in next years draft.  Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are both game changers, and will be both off the board by #4.  The Cardinals, Panthers and Bears are #'s 1-3 right now.  

The Giants would be very, very stupid not to pick one of these 2 QB's next year in the draft.  Both QB's are rated similarly to Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence, and certainly better prospect than Zach Wilson.

The Giants will pick one of these QB's, and then what will you do with Daniel Jones, payng the guy $45M per year for the next 2 yeaers?  Trade him?  You're not getting much for a injury prone QB, having to pay him $45M per year.

Sorry, but you are just 100% wrong. 

• Haha 1

Another case where the league and the teams failed to protect a player from himself.   Be ready for more guys going into the tent now with leg injuries and such and being ruled out as a precaution.

That incident reminded me of the Tua head injury.  Player seems to get obviously hurt, his leg gives out.   He goes back in and knee collapses again.

Also as someone else speculated Simian could be a real target for poaching by the Giants.

Brutal. Daniel Jones gave the G-Men the Fitzpatrick treatment. The Giants have to go into next year with the following plan:

- Figure out whether you trust Daboll to be the coach of the team. I think he will get another year or two before he's out since they fired their last couple of coaches after 2 seasons. Can't keep up that trend even though the bottom is completely falling out on his team even after establishing his program - really no different than the coaches before him

- Tear the entire thing down. Hoard picks and cap space in 2024

- Draft a QB high this year, assuming they don't sneak a few wins out (I think they might)

- Stash that QB for the year behind Daniel Jones, or at least until he gets hurt (seems to be an every year thing)

- Lose as many games as possible in 2024

- Start your new, red-shirted, QB in 2025 after spending big in free agency and making high picks

This is the way. It was always going to be the way and unfortunately Daniel Jones' season last year tricked the team into thinking they are something that they're not. They need to bottom out and rebuild. It's no different than what Ryan Fitzpatrick did to us not too long ago. Set us back MASSIVELY.

Unfortunately, their entire cycle is off-kilter. The Giants are on the inevitable wheel of 'not being on the same page'. Schoen, Daboll, etc. as all on borrowed time. They missed the boat to have a team that was entirely in sync last year and now they're all in a bad spot. Oh well...

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

Your take is so off that I almost decided not to even respond, but here goes!

As I stated in another post, the Giants are presently 2-7, and right now, are to pick #4 in the first round of the draft.  If they continue to lose, and let's be real, they will continue to lose with Tommy Devito as their QB, will easily move up to either #2 or maybe even #1 pick in next years draft.  Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are both game changers

The Giants would be very, very stupid not to pick one of these 2 QB's next year in the draft. 

Sorry, but you are just 100% wrong. 

Here's another couple hot takes the giants won't draft a qb Rd 1 and Caleb Williams won't live up to draft status 

I remember when this forum sucked for Sam Darnold. These top picks are hype at least half the time 

Like Zach 

All things being equal the Jets need a QB worse than the giants but that won't happen either because contracts dictate playing time 

• Thumb Down 2

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Going buy the math and return, Jones’ deal is worse.

Jones’ dead money would be $81M for 5 games if he never plays for the Giants again. 

Rodgers would be $75M for 4 plays but with him trending towards being back next year, maybe even this season.

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Going buy the math and return, Jones’ deal is worse.

Jones’ dead money would be $81M for 5 games if he never plays for the Giants again. 

Rodgers would be $75M for 4 plays but with him trending towards being back next year, maybe even this season.

You're not including the 2 seconds 

Also there's no reason for either of these players to be cut. Rodgers will retire before the giants cut Daniel Jones 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Jones nor Watson will ever be half as good as Rodgers. Even now. 

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Jones nor Watson will ever be half as good as Rodgers. Even now. 

Half as good as 2011 Rodgers maybe not 

2023 Rodgers is a shell of who he used to be 

Watson especially people are sleeping on because they hate his guts but the dude can ball 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

glad somebody else made an effort at clean up this time.  He just drops his trash everywhere.  Thanks for tidying up.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

This regime is making the playoffs this season. Aaron is a huge part of that.

I would never begrudge you your optimism. I’m living in the world where an Achilles tear in a 40-yo isn’t on the high ankle sprain timetable.

Frankly, I hope I’m wrong. I’m usually not.