Jets v. Dolphins: What Does Offensive Success Look Like?

Warfish

So after much frustration, Zach Wilson has again been benched, potentially for the last time as a NY Jet.

Like it or not, we're heading into the first Dolphin game with Tim Boyle as our QB.  A QB I doubt ANY of us would have picked to even BE a Jet in 2023, much less to be the #2, or to start this game.

But it is what it is.  He's the man for this week, at least, with Siemien still TBD as being the #2 or remaining the PS guy.

So what I'd like to poll (informally) the community about is this:  What does offensive Success Look like for Boyle vs. the Dolphins?

I'm not talking about winning, clearly winning is the main goal always, period.

I'm talking about what it would take, what it would look like, where we fans would say "the offense was a success today".

It's not about the odds of it happening, I think we're all a bit (or more) cynical right now, eh?  Lol.  The odds are low till the Jets show otherwise.

But for YOU, what would a successful day for Hackett, Boyle, Hall, G. Wilson et. al. look like to you.  Metrics wise, or just conversationally.

The floor is yours.

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He's the man for this week, at least, with Siemien still TBD as being the #2 or remaining the PS guy.

Siemian is the #2, and I’d expect Boyle to have a significantly shorter leash than Zach had. 

• Upvote 3

I gotta be honest 

I placed a big bet against the Jets this week before they announced the qb change and now I'm nervous about it 

Tim Boyle can throw screen passes not in the dirt. He can find open receivers and hot routes 

The team is probably going to be fired up to be free from Zach. Boyle isn't anything great but he knows the basics 

If breece and gw can make a couple plays this game is actually very winnable 

The psychological boost to the whole team of being Zach free is going to be massive 

Now all that being said I'm not going to cash it out. I could even make a couple of bucks because I got mia - 6.5 and now it's mia - 9.5

Most likely they get murdered. But they have a chance this week when I honestly didn't think they had much of a chance against Buffalo 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I gotta be honest 

I placed a big bet against the Jets this week before they announced the qb change and now I'm nervous about it 

Tim Boyle can throw screen passes not in the dirt. He can find open receivers and hot routes 

The team is probably going to be fired up to be free from Zach. Boyle isn't anything great but he knows the basics 

The psychological boost to the whole team of being Zach free is going to be massive 

Now all that being said I'm not going to cash it out. I could even make a couple of bucks because I got mia - 6.5 and now it's mia - 9.5

Most likely they get murdered. But they have a chance this week when I honestly didn't think they had much of a chance against Buffalo 

I like the way Snrub thinks

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I gotta be honest 

Did you bet the spread or money line? 

I think the Jets have a chance at covering because the defense can rebound and 10 points is a lot for a home divisional game, but I can't imagine us playing well enough to actually win. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Did you get the spread or money line? 

I think the Jets have a chance at covering because the defense can rebound and 10 points is a lot for a home divisional game, but I can't imagine us playing well enough to actually win. 

I got Mia - 6.5 on Sunday night it's currently - 9.5 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

So after much frustration, Zach Wilson has again been benched, potentially for the last time as a NY Jet.

Like it or not, we're heading into the first Dolphin game with Tim Boyle as our QB.  A QB I doubt ANY of us would have picked to even BE a Jet in 2023, much less to be the #2, or to start this game.

But it is what it is.  He's the man for this week, at least, with Siemien still TBD as being the #2 or remaining the PS guy.

So what I'd like to poll (informally) the community about is this:  What does offensive Success Look like for Boyle vs. the Dolphins?

I'm not talking about winning, clearly winning is the main goal always, period.

I'm talking about what it would take, what it would look like, where we fans would say "the offense was a success today".

It's not about the odds of it happening, I think we're all a bit (or more) cynical right now, eh?  Lol.  The odds are low till the Jets show otherwise.

But for YOU, what would a successful day for Hackett, Boyle, Hall, G. Wilson et. al. look like to you.  Metrics wise, or just conversationally.

The floor is yours.

Success? Just win, baby.