Zach Wilson understands benching: I don’t think I’m being scapegoated

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What a swell kid

Talk about kicking the kid while he’s down. He tried hard and said all the right things, he just wasn’t good enough. He’s been humiliated enough by his failure, I don’t think he deserves extra ridicule. 

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Talk about kicking the kid while he’s down. He tried hard and said all the right things, he just wasn’t good enough. He’s been humiliated enough by his failure, I don’t think he deserves extra ridicule. 

I’ll give you 30 million reasons why he’ll live.  He doesn’t read these posts, either.

• Upvote 1

He was injured so of course had little to say when Joe Flacco played four games in his place last year.   Once he came back I think he handled his benching for Mike White ok.  I think he was a bit more miffed when White got hurt and he was then benched for Chris Streveler.  He understood when he got benched for Aaron Rodgers, and now he is handling his benching for Tim Boyle with great class.  They are right he is maturing as a QB.  

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

If you listen to Zach carefully, he knows he’s been bad.

a lot of people pointed out how happy he seemed over the summer. He’s probably relieved to have the pressure off. 

I don’t think he realized how much of a pressure cooker the NFL is and especially playing in NY until he actually started playing.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ll give you 30 million reasons why he’ll live.  He doesn’t read these posts, either.

You’re right he probably doesn’t read this and he’s made a lot of money. He certainly has played badly which even he admits. I still feel bad for him because he’s failed at his lifelong dream and that has to hurt.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, docdhc said:

You’re right he probably doesn’t read this and he’s made a lot of money. He certainly has played badly which even he admits. I still feel bad for him because he’s failed at his lifelong dream and that has to hurt.  

If it makes you feel better, he really doesn’t like football all that much.

2 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Definitely the words of a locker room cancer and an awful human being. Shoot him now, while he is still 3rd string. Don’t let him go on and ruin everyone that he infects. He must be stopped. 

Nah, he's just bad at football, dude. Grow up. Aren't you dying? This is what bothers you?

• Upvote 1