Boycott the Jets

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, they asked Rodgers directly how he’d respond if the Jets fired anyone and Rodgers replied that it was above his pay grade, but he thinks they can get where they want to go with the current staff. I don’t think Rodgers would be as much of a roadblock to change as some think.

Rodgers might even be fake selling his support to the media so he looks like the good guy, when in reality he’s back-channeling GM and HC replacements. 

1 hour ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Could you imagine 5000 fans or less on opening day? With the a full tailgate crowd outside but not coming in? Would be "message sent". I live 2000 miles away but the Jets don't get a dime from me. So it's easy for me to say

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

The tickets are already sold.  Not showing up maybe affects the hot dog and beer numbers but not much more 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Been saying this

but some lame fans whined about liking getting kicked in the nuts every week because they  hung out with their kids

I call it child abuse!!

maybe hang out with your kids some other way?

Like ******* what Robert, it's December and I'm not really too keen on catching the third strain of Hand Foot and Mouth at Gymboree this year.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, they asked Rodgers directly how he’d respond if the Jets fired anyone and Rodgers replied that it was above his pay grade, but he thinks they can get where they want to go with the current staff. I don’t think Rodgers would be as much of a roadblock to change as some think.

This. The Rodgers controls everything the Jets do thing is blown way out of whack for radio

• Upvote 1

We all travel different paths as fans of a sports franchise. For us older fans, we all had our rabid years, spiced up by the occasional good season.

We've all missed family deals to watch our team, and if we lost, felt double miserable.

Bottom line, if we can't affect the product on the field, then change the size of the hook the team has in our souls. It's actually more fun to be a fan without being a rabid fan that lives and dies on every pass....bad game...good game...so forth.

Today, Sunday Dec 3rd, my daughter and son-in-law own a local sports bar, and on this day every year they sponsor a 'Tree Day'. They provide free breakfast 10am-noon, then we all caravan to a xmas tree farm about 15 miles away, about 30-35 cars in total, mostly with mom/dad/kids/dog.

We walk through the tree farm, laughing, sawing, dragging, yelling at our dogs, kids, whatever. Actually, have FUN w/o checking my phone even one time to see how we're doing against Atlanta. We all got back to the bar just before halftime, so we all got to see at least some of whatever team you're a fan of.

Point is, I down-sized the hook the Jets have in my soul. I really enjoyed a few hours with friends and fam, doing something other than watch my favorite team. In years past, I woulda skipped tree day to watch the game from the opening snap.

Last year when Zach and team started out great, I was all in. But as the team fell apart, I still watched but never let myself get totally wrapped up. Same this year. If the team stinks, I watch with a Blaise attitude, half expecting a loss. And if the team stinks, I'll even skip half a game to walk the xmas tree line in the rain, and love every minute of it.

Downsize the hook. Your sanity depends on it. 

• Upvote 3

Lol I think I’ve gone to 3 home games since 2015. I try to strictly see the Jets play on the road because believe it or not it’s cheaper and a much better game xp in another stadium. And the only reason I went to those 3 games was because I had friends talk me into it. And guess what? The jets lost all 3 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Worst case, Rodgers retires and the Jets eat $60 mil in dead cap, but they’re doing so with the 4th or 5th pick in the draft. So, say you fire Saleh, Rodgers leaves, you have that cap burden, and you have an uncomfortable year with Jacoby Brissett in front of Jayden Daniels at QB. The Packers are doing something similar—Rodgers is costing them $40 mil this season. It’s hardly the end of the world

I would be all for this.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

As fans we need to stop putting money in Woody's pocket. An empty stadium, low tv ratings and low sales of merchandise should get enough attention to get rid of our Fukng dirtbag of an owner. He is the only constant of 23 years of sucking.

That sounds good. The four seats I already bought for the next two games cost 600 and the RV parking pass already bought as 150 per game.

Who's giving me my 900 back?

• Sympathy 1

That sounds good. The four seats I already bought for the next two games cost 600 and the RV parking pass already bought as 150 per game.
Who's giving me my 900 back?
Yeah as I said earlier, I live 2000 miles away and can see your point. It's not me losing 900 bucks. As fans we have little to no say. The only thing we can control is how much we spend. Enjoy what you paid for. But we have to respond. Anyone else have any ideas. Spending money is the only thing we control.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Yeah as I said earlier, I live 2000 miles away and can see your point. It's not me losing 900 bucks. As fans we have little to no say. The only thing we can control is how much we spend. Enjoy what you paid for. But we have to respond. Anyone else have any ideas. Spending money is the only thing we control.

The stadium was empty today. It will be like that next week. Your message is what most normal people are doing lol.

Walked in today at 12:30 and no line at security getting in.

I can't remember getting in like that so easy right before kickoff. No lines at all.

Upper deck looked very empty today. Ghost town.

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

That's what I'm saying. I'm 68 and have always been anti dark side. I want to win one before I die. 54 years of futility. Embarrassing Woody is all we have left.

I’m 60 I contributed to this cause my entire life 25 years as a season ticket holder most years 6 tickets ….. after giving up tickets in 2011 I bought premium seats first row 1-2 games a year ….. life struggles and this team keeps me away …. I want to go every week but I don’t my life is filled with hurt aggravation why voluntarily participate in more bad  enough watching on TV ….. this team owes its fans so far they’ve given us nothing. 

Nope.  They figured this out in 1961

Revenue sharing  
National revenue, which is shared across all 32 teams, consists of:
TV deals with the various networks
NFL Ventures:
Merchandising; Fanatics is the lead NFL partner on this
NFL Enterprise:
NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Sunday Ticket
Licensing deals, such as “official sponsors of the NFL”
Ticket sales (40% of gross)
Local revenue, which goes to the local team, consists of:
Ticket sales (60% of gross)
Concessions and parking, which are split between the team and stadium ownership
Corporate sponsorships with the local team
Tickets sales are split between the home team, which gets 60% of the gate, with the remaining 40% going into a shared pool that is split across all teams. This helps negates the impact of poor attendance on individual teams, such as the Redskins.
2018 Estimate of Shared Revenue Sources
CategoryAmount
TV Deals$5.1B
NFL Ventures$1.4B
NFL Enterprise$2.3B
Ticket Sales$330M
We know from the 2018 Green Bay Packers’ financial report that the league provided $274.3M in shared revenue per team. Multiplying that amount by 32 teams yields a net total shared revenue pool of $8.8B. The estimate of shared revenue from various sources is around $9.1B, so the difference between the two values means that league expenses are around $300M.
While every team gets an equal of the national revenue, the local revenue can vary greatly based on the size and type of the stadium, ticket sales, how much of the concession/parking revenue the team gets and the valuof the team’s corporate sponsorships. In 2018, the Packers had $203.7M in local revenue for a total revenue of $489M. Economic experts who track sports league finances have estimated some teams  have much higher total revenues than the Packers.

Mmmkay, but Billionaires don’t like looking like ass-clowns in front of the world. Especially if they were, like, Ambassador to a foreign nation. Embarrass until he sells.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

22 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

As fans we need to stop putting money in Woody's pocket. An empty stadium, low tv ratings and low sales of merchandise should get enough attention to get rid of our Fukng dirtbag of an owner. He is the only constant of 23 years of sucking.

This idea always gets thrown out . Football fans will not cut off their nose to spite their face . As putrid as the Jets are , fans like their football too much to boycott .

This idea always gets thrown out . Football fans will not cut off their nose to spite their face . As putrid as the Jets are , fans like their football too much to boycott .
Then we deserve what we get. I'm not a season ticket holder but I wouldn't keep throwing money at the Jets. So we just pay up and smile.