Report: Jets Agree to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

JetNation

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

The rest of the season is all about Woody being able to recover something, anything, for Zach.  As of today, he needs to be cut.   Any draft pick and assumed compensation is a start. 

Best recovery? Tank for a top 2 pick and win a damn super bowl before Rodgers retires.

• Upvote 1

There once was a team who gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder for Sam Darnold. It would not shock me in the least if we got a straight up 6th rounder or a pick swap for Wilson. There is at least one offensive coordinator licking his chops at the opportunity to "fix" Zach Wilson. Fans are not the only Zach truthers. 

JD may have failed at scouting a QB, but he has shown a proficiency for winning trades. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

There once was a team who gave up a 2nd and 4th rounder for Sam Darnold. It would not shock me in the least if we got a straight up 6th rounder or a pick swap for Wilson. There is at least one offensive coordinator licking his chops at the opportunity to "fix" Zach Wilson. Fans are not the only Zach truthers. 

JD may have failed at scouting a QB, but he has shown a proficiency for winning trades. 

I also would not discount the "Jets Factor" around the league  "The Jets are dysfunctional, no young QB can succeed there, get him in our building and we can help him reach his potential, etc"

I would not be surprised if someone sends a pick our way. Maybe a conditional pick, but its better than an outright release.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He got bullied by the packers. They were not bringing Aaron back regardless of jets offer. Rodgers said he would only play for the jets. That needless pick swap in the first was weak move by JD. Who then got owned by pats and Pitt power move as a result. Losing the coveted OT JD wanted. While packs took a LB who definitely was no threat to them waiting to pick at 15. 

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He got bullied by the packers. They were not bringing Aaron back regardless of jets offer. Rodgers said he would only play for the jets. That needless pick swap in the first was weak move by JD. Who then got owned by pats and Pitt power move as a result. Losing the coveted OT JD wanted. While packs took a LB who definitely was no threat to them waiting to pick at 15. 

No, he didn't. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

I also would not discount the "Jets Factor" around the league  "The Jets are dysfunctional, no young QB can succeed there, get him in our building and we can help him reach his potential, etc"

I would not be surprised if someone sends a pick our way. Maybe a conditional pick, but its better than an outright release.

It's a QB talent evaluation thing and not so much a developmental thing. While I agree that the Jets rarely put their young QB in an optimal situation, that is not the deciding factor. A bad QB is going to remain bad on the Jets. Zach Wilson would be marginally better on a team with a better OL and OC. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's a QB talent evaluation thing and not so much a developmental thing. While I agree that the Jets rarely put their young QB in an optimal situation, that is not the deciding factor. A bad QB is going to remain bad on the Jets. Zach Wilson would be marginally better on a team with a better OL and OC. 

I think Zach's biggest problem is between the ears.  I think there is a coach out there confident enough in himself to get through to Zach.  Or maybe it is just arrogance.

Whether someone is willing to part with a pick or not, I just don't want to see him on the roster next year.  Best for both player and team to just move on.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

the only way a team sends us a pick in the offseason is it they need a starter and think Zach can win the job. i dont remember a team ever trading for a backup in April. those trades happen in season out of desperation because of injury.

19 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Good morning, fellow sufferers. All together:

T. A. N. K!

TANK! , TANK!, TANK,

I would sit any core players today, especially on the MetLife turf.

This team should use the remaining 5 games as an evaluation mode to find out which players you can trust moving forward.

Give Izzy, Ruckert, Brownlee, Converse, Ashtyn Davis, etc. as many snaps as they can handle.

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I don't feel like starting another Zach thread so I'm posting this here. A quick look at the Texans roster leads me to believe this is Blake Cashman, Neville Hewitt, George Fant or Sheldon Rankins. 

Probably Fant.  The only offensive player on your list.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I don't feel like starting another Zach thread so I'm posting this here. A quick look at the Texans roster leads me to believe this is Blake Cashman, Neville Hewitt, George Fant or Sheldon Rankins. 

I kinda remember the Jets being frustrated with his rehab last year. He was trending towards playing week 1 to out indefinitely.