2024 Starting Jets QB

Maxta_p

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Rodgers will more than likely play another 2 years seeing how he has missed this year.  Zach, if he plays decently the last 4 games, will probably be allowed to hang around. But JD MUST sign a seasoned backup vet like Tannehill or Minshew.  JD CANNOT allow this fiasco to occur again next year if Rodgers goes down for even a couple games. It could very well cost us a playoff spot.   If we don't make the playoffs next year, they are all (Zach, Rodgers, Saleh, Ulbricht) GONE.

Exactly. There is NO WAY they would go into next yr with Zach gifted the qb2 spot again. If he is not traded, he’s qb3. Tyrod Taylor will likely be looking for a new team, definitely better than Zach. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly. There is NO WAY they would go into next yr with Zach gifted the qb2 spot again. If he is not traded, he’s qb3. Tyrod Taylor will likely be looking for a new team, definitely better than Zach. 

I think Zach is definitely making the case he can be at least a back up.  Even before Sunday he was better than most back ups in the league.  This doesn’t count for much trade vale wise.  If he keeps his game going the rest of the season then he can be a starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is being traded.  That has been agreed upon by both parties.

Zach is going to stink this Sunday.  You know it, I know it and Vegas knows it.

Enough Zach.  We have moved on.

No way Big Joe dumps Zach at this point after sticking with him so long

NO WAY

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think Zach is definitely making the case he can be at least a back up.  Even before Sunday he was better than most back ups in the league.  This doesn’t count for much trade vale wise.  If he keeps his game going the rest of the season then he can be a starter.

I don’t know man. Some teams he wouldn’t even make their team as a #3. I know we all talk about what Zach is “ capable of “ but he has WAY too many bad games, with the rare good game. Teams look for consistency out of backup. Zach has never had 2 good games back to back. He’s the wild card. The number 3 usually is where the wild card, not sure what you have, go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t know man. Some teams he wouldn’t even make their team as a #3. I know we all talk about what Zach is “ capable of “ but he has WAY too many bad games, with the rare good game. Teams look for consistency out of backup. Zach has never had 2 good games back to back. He’s the wild card. The number 3 usually is where the wild card, not sure what you have, go.

Maybe.  The thing is even a guy like orlovsky played twelve seasons.  Both darnold and Sanchez clung on for quite some time.  Geno smith too.  And going back there have been some horrible back ups like Bubby Brister.  Established teams can take just about anyone as a back up and there won’t be much let down. Obviously one good game and you don’t put him canton but if he balls out for the rest of this season he will have proven he belongs.

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Maybe.  The thing is even a guy like orlovsky played twelve seasons.  Both darnold and Sanchez clung on for quite some time.  Geno smith too.  And going back there have been some horrible back ups like Bubby Brister.  Established teams can take just about anyone as a back up and there won’t be much let down. Obviously one good game and you don’t put him canton but if he balls out for the rest of this season he will have proven he belongs.

Bubby Brister was not a horrible backup.  Bubby Brister was one game below .500 for his career and he was twice the QB that Dan Orlovsky was.  He was bad with Kotite.  Shocking.  A few years later he went 4-0 for the Broncos team won the super bowl after beating that fat ****.  In fact, if he performed a bit worse we might have had home field for that game.

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I want Tannehill. He's expendable now that Levis has taken over for the Titans and he'll be cheap.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I want Tannehill. He's expendable now that Levis has taken over for the Titans and he'll be cheap.

Agree. Plus with these crop of qbs coming up, will be less seats at the table for backups which should further our options.
  Which is why the Zach fan club needs to understand reality, less and less spots for a clear backup like Zach. Even a borderline starter like Tannehill has less and less options each yr he lost his starting spot. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Rodgers will more than likely play another 2 years seeing how he has missed this year.  Zach, if he plays decently the last 4 games, will probably be allowed to hang around. But JD MUST sign a seasoned backup vet like Tannehill or Minshew.  JD CANNOT allow this fiasco to occur again next year if Rodgers goes down for even a couple games. It could very well cost us a playoff spot.   If we don't make the playoffs next year, they are all (Zach, Rodgers, Saleh, Ulbricht) GONE.

You are assuming that he makes it past a game or two. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, Plen T said:

No way Big Joe dumps Zach at this point after sticking with him so long

NO WAY

Joe doughnuts isn’t calling the shots anymore. He lost that privilege. Zach can park in 3 hole next yr before he is a FA. There is no way they go into the yr without a dependable backup. And obviously they will NOT pick up Zach’s 5th yr option lol 

On 12/13/2023 at 12:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is being traded.  That has been agreed upon by both parties.

Zach is going to stink this Sunday.  You know it, I know it and Vegas knows it.

Enough Zach.  We have moved on.

Not all of us have left the state yet.

the op brings up a super fair q and the vultures attack.

if zach plays "lights out" then there will definitely be no trade and he will remain a jet and be ar's backup. unless someone offers a 2nd rounder for him

ar8 will get hurt fast and we will be watching zach next season for better or worse

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The wisdom of putting him out there in another 1-2 weeks aside, that is ****ing incredible. My own Achilles hurts just watching this and imagining the cold weather that goes along with it. 

Crazy how much orthopedic surgery has changed. Not so long ago he'd have been limping & walking with a cane for his next ~40 years. AD gets a knee injury - in December - that would've ended careers, and he rushes for 2100 yards the very next season. Brees rips his shoulder and from the next season onward becomes the most prolific non-deflating/cheating QB of all time. Never mind other players plus the zillion other miraculous non-celebrity recoveries we'll never hear about. Rodgers hasn't yet had any game-success after surgery yet, but this is still just incredible.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

the op brings up a super fair q and the vultures attack.

if zach plays "lights out" then there will definitely be no trade and he will remain a jet and be ar's backup. unless someone offers a 2nd rounder for him

ar8 will get hurt fast and we will be watching zach next season for better or worse

I've seen this "ar8 will get hurt" crap thrown out there a lot lately. because he had a torn Achilles he's suddenly Blake Cashman? It happens in football.

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've seen this "ar8 will get hurt" crap thrown out there a lot lately. because he had a torn Achilles he's suddenly Blake Cashman? It happens in football.

Yea hes also gonna be 41. And when he did play those 4 downs he looked like an old feeble man. Plus outside of football he looks 55. Not good. Ppl dont get younger and faster. They die

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yea hes also gonna be 41. And when he did play those 4 downs he looked like an old feeble man. Plus outside of football he looks 55. Not good. Ppl dont get younger and faster. They die

I wish I had the incredible observations powers that you do to be able to diagnose him as an old feeble man in 4 plays.

AVT also had an achilles injury this year. He's probably going to die soon.

There is no way AR isn't the starting QB next year unless he is injured. He's never going to retire with that amount of money still on his deal. As for Zach staying here and being his backup which they claim was the original plan I just personally don't think it will happen. I have doubts ZW will be lights out for the rest of the season. We've seen him have good moments over the 3 years but no consistency in leading an NFL offense. Even last Sunday the team scored 0 points in the first half. If he plays well his trade value goes way up. 

On 12/13/2023 at 12:42 PM, JagsFanJif said:

Kudos to the Jets coaching staff for doing such a good job of developing Zach Wilson that you'd consider starting him over Aaron Rodgers.  Truly one of the best examples of QB development in league history.

whats even more funnier than your post is that they all want that CS and GM fired.

if Zach made this great improvement that they think they all see Hackett and Saleh should get extensions right now. 

and lets not forget the guy who drafted this incredible talent.

On 12/13/2023 at 2:07 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

the problem with Zach being QB 3 is his salary. at 5 mil no QB 3 makes that kind of money.

if he stays i think he is the backup just because of that.