Zach’s “Injury” is a Farce

18 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No QB in NFL history can perform well when the OL can’t pass block, run block or read defensive schemes, No One!

And I am Noooooo Zach Truther!

I wanted Justin Fields in here from day one with Gardner Minshew as his guy to learn from for his first year cause I wouldn’t have started Fields.   The Jets are just embarrassing themselves. 

Again, for the slow amongst us, NO QB IN THE NFL TODAY CAN PERFOM WITH THE OL THE JETS HAVE!  NO ONE!!

God help the Jets if they run Rogers out there this year and he gets injured!

Good Grief!! :(  

When an OL is being destroyed by a Defense, its extremely difficult to play QB no matter who you are. Look at Brady vs Giants in SB, look at Mahomes vs Bucs in SB. When an OL is getting mahandled QB is impossible

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol lots of assumptions here.  More needed than my theory.

Why say ANYTHING about dehydration if they didn’t know?  Why are 2 reporters saying dehydration at one point, tests at another and finally concussion later on?  

It’s no grand conspiracy, indeed:  The man child didn’t want to play anymore.  Pretty simple.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/charissa-thompson-nfl-thursday-night-football-fox-sports-sideline-reports/#:~:text=NFL broadcaster Charissa Thompson says she made up sideline reports during games,-By Christopher Brito&text=NFL broadcaster Charissa Thompson is,she was a sideline reporter.

because these people are ALWAYS right!

23 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No QB in NFL history can perform well when the OL can’t pass block, run block or read defensive schemes, No One!

I wanted Justin Fields in here from day one with Gardner Minshew as his guy to learn from for his first year cause I wouldn’t have started Fields.   The Jets are just embarrassing themselves. 

Again, for the slow amongst us, NO QB IN THE NFL TODAY CAN PERFOM WITH THE OL THE JETS HAVE!  NO ONE!!

Exactly.  Joe Montana would have no chance today.  It was like watching a junior high oline out there a bad one at that 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

It's hilarious if he decided he was done playing behind that line and they came up with dehydration as an excuse, but it's probably more that the team doesn't want to risk injury affecting his trade value.

What trade value? Lol. 

• Haha 2

What play did he sustain a concussion in? I’d like to go back and see it. 
Early on the commentary team referred to a play where Zach's head hit the ground hard, might be a concussion. It was called out.

Trouble is, Zach was getting flattened most plays so it could take a while to find the exact one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol lots of assumptions here.  More needed than my theory.

Why say ANYTHING about dehydration if they didn’t know?  Why are 2 reporters saying dehydration at one point, tests at another and finally concussion later on?  

It’s no grand conspiracy, indeed:  The man child didn’t want to play anymore.  Pretty simple.  

In general when the story changes it's because they're lying. This is a guy who didn't want to play 2 weeks ago.

He quit.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 3

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Disagree.  While difficult, a great QB who understands the line calls and can read a d, can attack defensive pressure successfully.   Yesterday did feel like some players on the OL were mailing it in.  Not sure it would have mattered.  

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Disagree.  While difficult, a great QB who understands the line calls and can read a d, can attack defensive pressure successfully.   Yesterday did feel like some players on the OL were mailing it in.  Not sure it would have mattered.  

The whole team looked hungover 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh who deserves to be fired in his own right, spent 3 years taking bullets for this wimp. 

Saleh mishandled him from day 1.  Saleh has lost the team 2 years in a row.  Making Lefluer the scape goat and bringing in the worst OC in the NFL in 2022 to recruit Rodgers wasn’t taking bullets for Zach.  It was about Saleh and Douglas’s hanging onto their jobs.

Zach may suck at football but Saleh and JD have been using Zach to cover up the crappy, boring, football team. You got this ass backwards. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Saleh mishandled him from day 1.  Saleh has lost the team 2 years in a row.  Making Lefluer the scape goat and bringing in the worst OC in the NFL in 2022 to recruit Rodgers wasn’t taking bullets for Zach.  It was about Saleh and Douglas’s hanging onto their jobs.

Zach may suck at football but Saleh and JD have been using Zach to cover up the crappy, boring, football team. You got this ass backwards. 

I don’t think so. Zach has had a stranglehold on ownership since the second he was drafted. Special rules, no competition, etc. last years knee injury that went from a 3-5 week thing to a two month thing. He wasn’t mishandled, he was starting from the jump because he wanted to start. Rodgers being his buddy and his boyhood idol is was fine for him to be the backup. Wilson had no business being on the roster this year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I didn’t say that good QB play couldn’t improve game outcomes.

I said that no QB in the NFL can perform in your  words with an OL that felt like some on the OL “were mailing it in.”

That was precisely my point!

People are so down on Zach Wilson that they are blaming him for the poor OL play, no innovative schemes on offense, and for the fact there is no pre-snap motion.

Again, I wanted Justin Fields, I wanted him drafted, maybe I would have been wrong but Zach wasn’t my pick! Or I said keep Darnold, again maybe I was wrong but I was not a Zach truther…

Indeed, think on this and putting Zach aside, yesterday the Jets went back to their no pre-snap motions days when the team is literally 3-1 when they run pre-snap motion more than 40% of the offensive plays with the lone loss being against Kansas City.  Why did they do that??? Why?

There is no rational answer…

And so at the end of the day Zach is gone and off the team, now what?

Now what???

My point is the OL is awful to me and I just don’t know how folks out here can even remotely defend them anymore!

People down voted my post cause, what, they are essentially STILL DEFENDING THIS OL! 

Some out here just blame Zach Wilson for everything wrong with this team and they just aren’t paying attention.

I mean for goodness sakes Zach was responsible for the Jets not changing defensive assignments yesterday when Reed was getting torched all day! 

I just don’t get it!

Have a Great Day! :)