Tank for Alt?

Wit

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How about Puka Nacua?

Byu has a tackle named Kingsley that is also on the Feldman freaks list could be in the mid Rd 1 mix along with taliese fuaga Oregon st. Part of me likes these mauler types better than the alts and the olus. But it comes down to availability and sometimes these bigger guys (jc Latham) can have durability issues that an olu or alt will likely avoid 

• Upvote 1

The myth that first round offensive linemen are needed for a good offensive line

has got to be extinguished. It takes hard working, intelligent players with above average

athletic ability, coached by a person with a history of developing linemen. The Colts

LT Raimann and the RT Freeland they ran behind  all day Saturday Freeland was a  4th rounder. Highly publicized Freeman has slipped

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

The myth that first round offensive linemen are needed for a good offensive line

has got to be extinguished. It takes hard working, intelligent players with above average

athletic ability, coached by a person with a history of developing linemen. The Colts

LT Raimann and the RT Freeland they ran behind  all day Saturday Freeland was a  4th rounder. Highly publicized Freeman has slipped

oh you mean like cam clark, max mitchell and carter warren?

You can find great players everywhere any position but the fact is you increase your chances if you pick them higher.

The sad fact is that the jets oline is so utterly terrible they have to upgrade it and hoping for a 4-6 rounder is not good enough.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We most definitely need a qb. Arod is old and He lasted 4 snaps this year. I’d prefer to draft a qb now and let him hopefully sit a year behind Arod and develop. 

And last year was definitely not considered a good qb draft. Only 2 first rd qbs.  Most people had stroud as the best qb (and he’s been amazing) with Bryce young right behind him (but he is 4 feet tall). Levi’s was a 2nd rd pick who is performing pretty decent 

I agree that oline is definitely a huge need as well. But let’s not act like we don’t need a qb. I’m hoping we sign some free agent olineman. Draft a qb high and draft some more oline depth. 

I agree with taking a qb to sit and learn... only problem is the timing. With Saleh and JD keep their jobs, which it seems that they will, next year they will be coaching and GM'ing for their jobs.  They may see that as a wasted pick....and if they lose their jobs, the next staff would not have drafted the QB which usually means they will move on from the pick.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wit said:

I think getting a solid left tackle and maybe resigning becton as a right tackle would go a long way in protecting Achilles Rodgers next year. Washington needs to beat us next week. They are going to lose their other games agaist the cowboys and niners.

The Jets don't need to tank according to this

"103: Total yards for the Jets’ offense, tied for the fourth-lowest in franchise history. Three of the lowest five totals have come during the Robert Saleh era."

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

We most definitely need a qb. Arod is old and He lasted 4 snaps this year. I’d prefer to draft a qb now and let him hopefully sit a year behind Arod and develop. 

And last year was definitely not considered a good qb draft. Only 2 first rd qbs.  Most people had stroud as the best qb (and he’s been amazing) with Bryce young right behind him (but he is 4 feet tall). Levi’s was a 2nd rd pick who is performing pretty decent 

I agree that oline is definitely a huge need as well. But let’s not act like we don’t need a qb. I’m hoping we sign some free agent olineman. Draft a qb high and draft some more oline depth. 

If your OL can't  protect the QB, all you are going to donis get whoever is back there injured. That includes Rodgers. Every season there is a QB out there. We aren't  going to be very good with Rodgers next season, probably jist average. Getting a QB now is a waste because he might have to play. If we draft a QB, there is no way we will get a Vet #2. He will be forced to play if Rodgers misses games which is very likely. 

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Wit said:

I think getting a solid left tackle and maybe resigning becton as a right tackle would go a long way in protecting Achilles Rodgers next year. Washington needs to beat us next week. They are going to lose their other games agaist the cowboys and niners.

Bectons effort yesterday showed me, he is a lost cause... He was trash 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

this is the perfect time to take a QB.

We will be picking top 7, there will be studs

Let him sit and learn from rogers for a year

perfect situation

QB would be the pick by any organization that knows what they're doing.  You take a QB when you don't have one.  And you keep doing it until you find one.

Especially in a year where they'll be no pressure for him to play behind Rodgers.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Yeah .. and Brick and Mangold were both first rounders ... You can find talent throughout the draft at any position ... You are more likely to find it in the earlier rounds.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

220 lb reserve DE who can jump cars instead of the last legit OT prospect Brod Jones

🤡 thank you, Joe Douglas!

Brilliant trade with Green Bay!

I think JD giving in on that piece of the trade was the linchpin.  If we drafted Broderick Jones and Joe Tippmann, we'd have an excellent foundation to build the OL around.  Now we're heading into this offseason desperate for a LT. So that's our 1st rounder.  And we have no 2nd rounder due to the AR8 trade.  Meanwhile, we still have plenty of holes on offense to fill.  

• Upvote 2

I think JD giving in on that piece of the trade was the linchpin.  If we drafted Broderick Jones and Joe Tippmann, we'd have an excellent foundation to build the OL around.  Now we're heading into this offseason desperate for a LT. So that's our 1st rounder.  And we have no 2nd rounder due to the AR8 trade.  Meanwhile, we still have plenty of holes on offense to fill.  
But ... An All pro QB is ALL the team needs ... Or so I've been told repeatedly and incessantly.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

QB would be the pick by any organization that knows what they're doing.  You take a QB when you don't have one.  And you keep doing it until you find one.

Especially in a year where they'll be no pressure for him to play behind Rodgers.

Especially in what the experts (or so-called experts) are saying is a QB-rich draft.  But we're so desperate for a LT that I don't think it's a consideration, at least if JD and AR8 are still here (as they both need to win now, given their contract length and age, respectively).  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Especially in what the experts (or so-called experts) are saying is a QB-rich draft.  But we're so desperate for a LT that I don't think it's a consideration, at least if JD and AR8 are still here (as they both need to win now, given their contract length and age, respectively).  

Fix the OL in FA - If that means weakening the defense some (i.e. not resigning Huff) then that's what you do.  

Do we really want a rookie blocking AR's blindside anyway?  I don't even think you can go into the season counting on him .   Be as aggressive as possible in FA on the OL and...

You take a QB.  Just like passing on Mahomes because we had a potential QB option drafted in the 2nd round.  Don't wait - you're not keeping Rodgers more than a year.  Get your QB this year - take a T the year after.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

220 lb reserve DE who can jump cars instead of the last legit OT prospect Brod Jones

🤡 thank you, Joe Douglas!

Brilliant trade with Green Bay!

There was ZERO reason for any of this to happen and to have swapped the 2023 1st round picks. Many of us knew that JD got bent over big time. It’s funny, had he have gotten a competent backup QB early in the off-season, the Jets would have had leverage in the GB trade AND A ******* BACKUP QB IN CASE AARON GOT INJURED. How is it that the fans (not the brain dead homers) do in fact know SO much more and can see the obvious issues from a mile a way well before they happen?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, usanyj said:

I agree with taking a qb to sit and learn... only problem is the timing. With Saleh and JD keep their jobs, which it seems that they will, next year they will be coaching and GM'ing for their jobs.  They may see that as a wasted pick....and if they lose their jobs, the next staff would not have drafted the QB which usually means they will move on from the pick.

NEVER use a high pick on QB until you have the OL in place. If Jets fans don’t know this rule after the last decade of poor OL play and destroying high QB picks, they really need to pull their heads out of their own asses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Last season was supposed to be a good QB draft as well. How did that work out? 

It was a horrible year for QB.... This year is hands down better for a QB, however we won't be in any position to draft a guy like Maye, because we beat the Texan's and will probably win one more game before the season is done.

That said, we should draft a LT, and at least 2 more OL in 2024. If there is one defensive player chosen in the 2024 draft and JD is GM, we all need to call for him to be fired.

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

NEVER use a high pick on QB until you have the OL in place. If Jets fans don’t know this rule after the last decade of poor OL play and destroying high QB picks, they really need to pull their heads out of their own asses. 

or at the very least, you must have the right team in place that is offensive minded

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

perfect situation

Of course and Jayden Daniels would be perfect for sitting for a year or two, bulking up, learning the playbook. But we don't do smart around these parts. 

So we won't look to the future and push all of our chips in with two pair, thinking we have a royal flush.

20 minutes ago, varjet said:

It makes no sense for the Jets to win anymore games.  They need to lose out so they can get the best OL available. 

Yes, but every year we win a few games at the end of each season, so I’m assuming we will win 2 out of our remaining 3 games like we always do. 

I can’t remember a season where we lost every game at the end of the season. When we win a few games at the end of each season whoever our coach is says to Woody “I think we’re just starting to turn things around” and saves his job.

2 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Yes, but every year we win a few games at the end of each season, so I’m assuming we will win 2 out of our remaining 3 games like we always do. 

I can’t remember a season where we lost every game at the end of the season. When we win a few games at the end of each season whoever our coach is says to Woody “I think we’re just starting to turn things around” and saves his job.

We lost our last 6 games last year.

21 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Of course and Jayden Daniels would be perfect for sitting for a year or two, bulking up, learning the playbook. But we don't do smart around these parts. 

So we won't look to the future and push all of our chips in with two pair, thinking we have a royal flush.

I'm no expert but, right now, that's the guy I want the Jets to draft.  And if the Steelers are dumb enough to fire Mike Tomlin, I want him to be our next HC.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm no expert but, right now, that's the guy I want the Jets to draft.  And if the Steelers are dumb enough to fire Mike Tomlin, I want him to be our next HC.

I think Tomlin is a very good coach, I really do but I do wonder that his prime is behind him. His best years were when he really had "CO-HC" who completely ran the offense in Bruce Arians and then to a lesser degree of success with Todd Haley. He hasn't really been able to fix the offense and while we would certainly be a better coached team with Tomlin....I have serious doubts he would be hiring the right offensive people to run that side of the ball with any level of consistent success.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yeah, cause mike tomlin has been so great at grooming a young qb.

Tomlin was handed a HOF qb in his prime and has done nothing w/o him.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

perfect situation

If the same front office is back then they are fighting for their lives the. they are taking a plug and play guy. Likely a tackle or wide out but Douglas would be going all in to save his job. 

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think Tomlin is a very good coach, I really do but I do wonder that his prime is behind him. His best years were when he really had "CO-HC" who completely ran the offense in Bruce Arians and then to a lesser degree of success with Todd Haley. He hasn't really been able to fix the offense and while we would certainly be a better coached team with Tomlin....I have serious doubts he would be hiring the right offensive people to run that side of the ball with any level of consistent success.

Possibly.  But I remember when Andy Reid was fired (or not renewed or whatever) from the Eagles and IIRC, he wasn't necessarily that hot of a commodity.  Then he goes to KC and does great.  Admittedly, he has a guy who might end up in the GOAT convo as his QB.  But he's still in the hunt for the all-time wins record (he could surpass BB once BB surpasses Shula) and he's only had Mahomes for a few years.

Worst case for Tomlin though, I think he would at least make sure that things would be run professionally (he comes from one of best organizations in sports) and we badly need that.