Rodgers - "I don't want next year to be my last year"

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So we’re def not drafting a QB if that’s the case. I’d imagine Davante, Bahktari and a 1st rd OL would be the major additions. Let’s just hope Rodgers can still sling it 

Bakhtiari would be a colossal mistake, as if we have not learned anything from signing washed-up offensive lineman or injury-prone guys (and he's both). It also would tell you Rodgers is indeed running the show. 

As we have seen, the Rodgers/Hackett offense is a unique thing that basically only Rodgers can run.   If they practice that for 6 weeks prior to the season, it is hard for another QB to come in and learn it.  

ZW was on the roster, and people thought that, at least physically, ZW could be the backup.  But he does not have the brains to step in for Aaron Rodgers.  

So, for next year, the Jets have to find a QB who can think like AR8 and run his offense, and basically hope that AR8 does not miss any time.   If AR8 misses too much time, the season is basically lost unless they can find someone close to him.  

That is one of the reasons why GB let him go. 

The Jets should be looking for an Ivy League/Stanford, etc. QB in the late rounds to develop as AR8's backup.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really think it's more of the 2-3 year range. He is basically calling the shots for this organization and he's getting paid handsomely to do so. He isn't giving all of that up for a year or two.

I think he's being honest as well.  But he is famous for going into the darkness after each season and deciding that kind of stuff.  

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So we’re def not drafting a QB if that’s the case. I’d imagine Davante, Bahktari and a 1st rd OL would be the major additions. Let’s just hope Rodgers can still sling it 

I see it different. If Rodgers plays 2 more years we definitely need to draft a QB and let him develop under Rodgers. In fact I likely take 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Good and bad, I guess. Good that he is committed and we get two more years of him. Bad, that we are stuck with the current administration for at least next year. 

This definitely means we are drafting offensive tackle in the 1st round. No way would they draft a QB if Aaron is here for 2 more years. Harrison is an option, I guess. But the need is really on the line. 

Go back to April. JD knowing Rodgers would be here at least 2 years, offense needs help all around. Would think the first round pick would be to help rodgers, not a DL for the future :) Don’t think anyone was counting on that. If both top OTs are gone by jets pick, a top WR or QB had to fall in jets lap. Just as long as the pick is for O, and not pivot to Defense again.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he's being honest as well.  But he is famous for going into the darkness after each season and deciding that kind of stuff.  

Well heres the difference....he was doing that when he was unhappy and demanding more say + control over Green Bay's operation.

He has that now and the headlines are no longer "I might be done. I might retire. I'm hibernating for 2 weeks." and they have been replaced with "I want to play more yearS"

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Go back to April. JD knowing Rodgers would be here at least 2 years, offense needs help all around. Would think the first round pick would be to help rodgers, not a DL for the future :) Don’t think anyone was counting on that. If both top OTs are gone by jets pick, a top WR or QB had to fall in jets lap. Just as long as the pick is for O, and not pivot to Defense again.

There are enough good OL and WR prospects in the first round with a top 10-15 grade that I am fairly confident either of those positions will be the pick, with a heavy betting favorite on OL.

I do think JD also will be aggressive in free agency for both positions, again with a priority on the OL. That doesn't necessarily mean spend it all on 1 OT, but I think might be looking to sign 2-3 players.

With all of the allocation to the defense over the years and the Rodgers-window to win it all, the team will need to and will certainly spend their resources beefing up the hogs up front and receivers.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

St8 goof troop, Mickey Mouse organization 

The team is having one of its worst seasons ever and instead of having alllll these complete BOZO’s concerned with their job security 

WE HAVE A 40 YR OLD QB WITH ONE FREAKING LEG DICTATING OFFSEASON MOVES IN DECEMBER!!!

Smfhhhhh

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I really think it's more of the 2-3 year range. He is basically calling the shots for this organization and he's getting paid handsomely to do so. He isn't giving all of that up for a year or two.

Fact is, he counts 17 million against the cap in 2024 and 23 million in 2025. That is a bargain for a QB of his caliber. He helped the Jets a lot, with the structure of his contract. 

If he, in fact is willing to give us 2 more years, even with the injury this year, I think it was a smart move to make the trade. We didnt end up having to give a 1st round pick for him, and with the way our team is structured, he does give us the best chance to win, for the next 2 years. 

Keep the faith Jets fans. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

If he were to play the next 2 season, healthy, then you need to do the following -

-Do everything you can to sign Tee Higgins, Mike Evans or Michael Pittman Jr. or trade for Devante Adams, Mike Williams, or Keenan Allen. Regardless, there's plenty of options to upgrade WR2. Just f'n do it. 

- Tank HARD and hope you get lucky to draft MHJ. If not, take Bowers or OT.

-You must draft a QB in rounds 3-5. 

Need to go full blown Madden on this offense this off-season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

If he were to play the next 2 season, healthy, then you need to do the following -

-Do everything you can to sign Tee Higgins, Mike Evans or Michael Pittman Jr. or trade for Devante Adams, Mike Williams, or Keenan Allen. Regardless, there's plenty of options to upgrade WR2. Just f'n do it. 

- Tank HARD and hope you get lucky to draft MHJ. If not, take Bowers or OT.

-You must draft a QB in rounds 3-5. 

Need to go full blown Madden on this offense this off-season.

MHJ is long gone. He’s a top 3 pick and we aren’t getting one. 

And if we beat the commanders, we are in real danger of losing out on one of the top tackles 

2 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Fact is, he counts 17 million against the cap in 2024 and 23 million in 2025. That is a bargain for a QB of his caliber. He helped the Jets a lot, with the structure of his contract. 

If he, in fact is willing to give us 2 more years, even with the injury this year, I think it was a smart move to make the trade. We didnt end up having to give a 1st round pick for him, and with the way our team is structured, he does give us the best chance to win, for the next 2 years. 

Keep the faith Jets fans. 

I'm all for AR8 and completely in favor of keeping him. I don't expect MVP-level play on a consistent basis, but I do expect really good play and if we upgrade the O enough that could equal a nice playoff run. 

I do think to be serious Super Bowl contenders that we will need 2 offseasons to get there....so heres hoping that he plays for 2-3 more years.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I also just want to point out that Aaron a Rodgers is the most selfish scumbag of all time and he is going to go out there like Willis Reed and be carried up and down the field so he can stay in the limelight and say he did it. What a selfish POS!!!!

🙄

This but unironically

42 minutes ago, varjet said:

As we have seen, the Rodgers/Hackett offense is a unique thing that basically only Rodgers can run.   If they practice that for 6 weeks prior to the season, it is hard for another QB to come in and learn it.  

ZW was on the roster, and people thought that, at least physically, ZW could be the backup.  But he does not have the brains to step in for Aaron Rodgers.  

So, for next year, the Jets have to find a QB who can think like AR8 and run his offense, and basically hope that AR8 does not miss any time.   If AR8 misses too much time, the season is basically lost unless they can find someone close to him.  

That is one of the reasons why GB let him go. 

The Jets should be looking for an Ivy League/Stanford, etc. QB in the late rounds to develop as AR8's backup.  

Well also more than a QB being able to learn....the offense is read and react based off of what Aaron Rodgers sees pre-snap, very Peyton Manning-like. You can't replicate that....in a sense it is easier to say that there is no full system, just a vanilla shell and everything post-Rodgers injury has been makeshift, let's try on the fly.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

why are you saying he's selfish?

When a hall of fame QB with the greatest TD-INT ratio of all time says they’d like to take less money and try to bring a championship to my bottomless pit of a franchise Jets… I demand blood and at least 1 achilles 

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 2