Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

slimjasi

Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I did the same for 50 years. Watching last year’s collapse I finally said “that’s enough”.

Before this year started I made a big bet taking Under 9 1/2 wins, and I’ve sat back and laughed at the futility. I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed this season more than any in the past 12 years… and I made money doing it.

I can’t wait for next year to do the same thing. I’ve finally figured out how to enjoy watching the Jets!

I haven't missed one round of golf for this God forsaken team.  I watched all the prime time and national TV games as most were not on Sunday at 1pm but this $hitshow is sad to watch.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Last time I got drunk at a Chinese Restaurant,  it was 1998 at a place on Broadway in South Boston near the Red Line station. Beat the sh*t out of a guy over nonsense, threw $20 bucks on the bar and hauled ass. Ran into a cop friend of mine outside Store 24 (convenience store chain) and convinced him to give me a ride in his patrol car to a different bar on the other side of Southie. 100% true story.

I was what people used to refer to as "a problem". 😆 

This is before you became a house cat owner, presumably?

• Haha 2

There are two scenarios where it is ok to root against the Jets; the first is to get the number one overall pick in a draft with a sure thing QB which is not the case this year. The other time to root against the Jets is to get the coach fired and while it may be a longshot I want the team to get embarrassed these last three games so ownership feels the pressure to fire Saleh and Hackett.  

11 hours ago, faba said:

Beside that do you trust Joe D with that higher draft pick hah

well Joe is 4-2 with his 1st rd picks. not counting this year because its too early to tell.

i know AVT has gotting hurt alot but he is a pretty good player.

and he is 2-1 on 2nd rd picks. yes Moore is having a good year in Cleveland. too bad the "boy prince" couldnt find him on the football field and he had to be sacrificed for him.

thats why i laughed when everyone wanted to trade for a WR at the deadline. Zach couldnt find Moore, and now he cant find Lazzard. his brain can only process finding one WR.

im not sure how that stacks up against the better GMs in the league but i think thats pretty good.

its the later rds that JD has to be better on.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I did the same for 50 years. Watching last year’s collapse I finally said “that’s enough”.

Before this year started I made a big bet taking Under 9 1/2 wins, and I’ve sat back and laughed at the futility. I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed this season more than any in the past 12 years… and I made money doing it.

I can’t wait for next year to do the same thing. I’ve finally figured out how to enjoy watching the Jets!

Wow, they even broke your spirit!! At least you made money! 😆 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This wasn’t a team meant to tank but here we are anyways.  Thanks Woody/JD.

That said….Any time we’re mathematically eliminated it makes no sense to root for wins.  Learning to win isn’t a thing.  Playing with pride isn’t a thing.  “Real fans always root for wins” isn’t a thing either.  

and who's going to come on here and tell people who have been living and breathing Jets football for decades that they're $hitty fans, the people who have been here since a certain bust draft pick was drafted and is on his way out the door and probably on his way out of the NFL if he performs the way the Jets have allowed him to play for over two complete seasons worth of games? I think not...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Simple question - Are you rooting for the Jets to beat Washington?

Yes.

Several Reasons:

1. Doesn't have any effect, what will happen, will happen, regardless of what I root for.

2. I loathe the DC team since I live down here, and want to see my team beat their team.

3. Tank or no tank, IMO that ship sailed with the Texans win.  We're not top 3-4.

4. Don't trust JD to make the right pick anyway.  His draft history is weak.

5. Ultimately, I'd rather root for than against, even if I know a win is pointless and (draft wise) counterproductive.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except that there's a trail of evidence suggesting you're wrong.

I don’t think players and coaches lay down to lose. Perhaps is those rare cases where there is one franchise QB and the HC feels secure enough that even if he loses his job is safe. But no way do they tank to go from the 10th pick to the 8th pick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t think players and coaches lay down to lose. Perhaps is those rare cases where there is one franchise QB and the HC feels secure enough that even if he loses his job is safe. But no way do they tank to go from the 10th pick to the 8th pick.

Tanking is always front office driven.  Easiest way to accomplish that is to fire the HC, install an interim, and instruct him to play the young guys.  Hence increasing the chances that you lose (despite the "interim bump") without looking too suspicious.

No coach or player is ever trying to lose, and no reasonable person would ever argue that.  That isn't what we mean by "tanking".

• Upvote 2

52 years old. Haven’t missed a game either in the stadium or on TV since kindergarten. This season finally is my breaking point. This team makes me absolutely sick with their ineptitude. I could give a sh*t less and am done for the year.

As an addict I of course will be back next year- but from this point forward- the Jets get a very short leash from me at least.

7 minutes ago, Gibby said:

52 years old. Haven’t missed a game either in the stadium or on TV since kindergarten. This season finally is my breaking point. This team makes me absolutely sick with their ineptitude. I could give a sh*t less and am done for the year.

As an addict I of course will be back next year- but from this point forward- the Jets get a very short leash from me at least.

You’ll be watching on Sunday lol.

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

We wouldn't want him drafting a guy like Sauce, Wilson, or Johnson with that high pick. 

Sauce and Wilson were obvious picks, most fans could have (and did!) make those picks.  Hell, if I'd have been GM we'd also have Sauce, Wilson and Hall, lol.

Please tell me you're not bragging about Johnson as some kind of stud awesome pick?  He's 37th in the league in sacks at current, well behind an UDFA on his own team.  He's hardly a huge success story yet.

What we wouldn't want is him drafting guys like Becton, Mims, Z. Wilson, Moore, or McDonald with that high pick.  High pick busts, unavailable because fragile (could include AVT in that group too now), and/or just entirely surplus to real need (McDonald) when huge glaring needs were staring him in the face.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Commies are the only team with worse uniforms than us. So we’ve got that going.

Horrible name, horrible current uniforms, horrible (IMO) colors.  

Hoping the new ownership here sees all that, and makes major changes not just to the staff/organization, but to the marketing and image of the team itself.  

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets will only win one more game this season. Jets will finally "beat" the Patriots, helping them land the first overall pick in the draft. Then watch the Pats draft their franchise quarterback who will be the next great Patriots quarterback.

Wait, I though the Pats Doom Scenario this year was that we'd cut Zach Wilson and they'd sign him and he'd become a HOF'er there.

Forgive me, it's so hard to keep track of all the Jets Fan Pats Doom Scenarios every year.