PSL reperations!

Jimmy Juice

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Juice said:

So when do we get our $ back? How do we continue to support some rich guy who wears  a WOODY diamond chain around his neck and puts out a product that absolutely is embarrassing?

Pay for next year's tickets so he can get more ice on that chain

So when do we get our $ back? How do we continue to support some rich guy who wears  a WOODY diamond chain around his neck and puts out a product that absolutely is embarrassing?
Don't get money back for being a sucker.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

You ever hear the never-ending commercials from the Lawyer who says he will get you out of your time-share contract?   That's how I feel with my Jets PSL's.  Yes, I can walk away, but of course I let the Jets charge my credit card early this season for next year (seems the renewal comes earlier and earlier each year.  One of these days I'll walk away from my PSL's like so many others did.

• Upvote 3

To me psl’s are the cost of doing business

i did some math and so far my psl’s across 4 seats have cost an addl 64 per ticket.

I did not include pre season or home playoff games

if you wanted season tickets and in mezz or lower, it was the price to pay

nj/ nyc taxpayers were not footing the cost nor should they

around the league, I think I saw that about half are niw under psl

short 1 or 2 years team has been garbage so the psl cost becomes anger and understalyb so

if you stick with the tickets for another 13 years, that cost per ticket is then around 30

it is what it is and yes we have a choice to walk away.

funny thing is I sometimes see posts where guys got 2 or 3 times face value for their tickets yet never complain about the psl when they are making money

• Upvote 2

My opinion is its your money to blow. If you really love the sh*tty football being played in that dump the past 14 years lol then god bless you.

In comparison the Giants have already won a super bowl playing in MetLife. The jets have had 2 winning records in 14 years in that dump. And they continue to raise tickets prices gleefully. The Jets are actually pretty smart. Continuously Raise ticket prices on sh*tty product, hear backlash but suckers pay up. Brilliant 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Juice said:

my grass looks like sh*t, you think i can get my landscaper to pay me back?

• Haha 1

i did some math and so far my psl’s across 4 seats have cost an addl 64 per ticket.
short 1 or 2 years team has been garbage so the psl cost becomes anger and understalyb so
if you stick with the tickets for another 13 years, that cost per ticket is then around 30
funny thing is I sometimes see posts where guys got 2 or 3 times face value for their tickets yet never complain about the psl when they are making money
I get the psl.as a cost of doing business as a ticket broker , for normal human fans they are a sham. How anyone can justify a 40k charge on top of the ticket prices to go to games (not sell tickets) I don't know. Any way you slice a used car is a better buy as an investment. Justifying the cost by amortization is fools gold when the team hasn't made the playoffs since cavemen discovered how to make an axe out of a jawbone.

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It is always wise to exclude the impossible.

Just making sure the entire post was read

had a school teacher pull that one on me in high school by stating hitler was once the president of the us

the exercise was to point out false statements in the report

of course I never pointed it out because I read maybe wo sentences

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I get the psl.as a cost of doing business as a ticket broker , for normal human fans they are a sham. How anyone can justify a 40k charge on top of the ticket prices to go to games (not sell tickets) I don't know. Any way you slice a used car is a better buy as an investment. Justifying the cost by amortization is fools gold when the team hasn't made the playoffs since cavemen discovered how to make an axe out of a jawbone.

I don’t disagree but I am not justifying the cost and certainly never considered them an investment

they are simply a means of ensuring I get the same seats every year or seats in general depending upon the performance of the team

i am nit and never will judge anyone who bought them, hate them etc

just simply my viewpoint that they are entertainment dollars and unfortunately the play has sucked for 13 years and counting

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t disagree but I am not justifying the cost and certainly never considered them an investment
they are simply a means of ensuring I get the same seats every year or seats in general depending upon the performance of the team
just simply my viewpoint that they are entertainment dollars and unfortunately the play has sucked for 13 years and counting
Copy that ... Totally agree .. I have zero hate for anyone ... It is just that the team has not performed for the guys that had to write those checks. I mean it's been really bad football for a really long time.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Copy that ... Totally agree .. I have zero hate for anyone ... It is just that the team has not performed for the guys that had to write those checks. I mean it's been really bad football for a really long time.

The final indignity is when you wise up and punt these modern day tullip bulbs, the Jets get 10%.

• Sympathy 1

Agreed it is the cost of doing business.  For the most part NFL tickets are pretty reasonable compared to other sports because there are so few games.  Imagine having the Jets equivalent in baseball (umm, like the Mets), where you are trying to give away seats to 3-5 games in a week when they are way out of it in August and September.    At least with the Jets you can usually find someone happy to take them if only for a good tailgate experience.   This last year was particularly tough though with all the hype and subsequent predictable outcome.   I keep telling my family this next year is my last, the experience is a never ending bowl of suck, the commute a hassle, and the play a pile of hot garbage.   They are calling me out saying I’m bluffing and that I’ll regret it when they finally win.   I reply that in a league of parity where one of four teams wins the division and gets a home playoff game how it is even statistically possible not to have had a single home playoff game in over 20 years.   The ineptitude boggles the mind.   Anyway that’s my reason to drop the tickets or at least downgrade the expense away from club seats to the lower bowl at half the cost, not the PSL which I consider a long sunk cost that has depreciated down to nothing.   If anything we should look into whether we can write off the original value of the PSL as a capital loss for tax purposes.   Buy for $30k and walk away at zero.   Probably a legit question.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Discretionary spending is the reward we give ourselves for whatever financial success we’ve had in our life. We only go around once. Spend what you can on what you enjoy.

I gave up 4 seats when I moved south years ago (just before the PSLs) but if I hadn’t moved I would’ve moved down to a lower section and kept at least two of them.

When I got down here, I joined a private golf club, then a few years later got another membership to a second.
Between the initiation fees and monthly dues, the green fees and bar&dining minimums, the cost of my club ho’ing habit? I could’ve paid off the PSLs very easily.

• Sympathy 1

Discretionary spending is the reward we give ourselves for whatever financial success we’ve had in our life. Spend what you can on what you enjoy.
I gave up 4 seats when I moved south years ago (just before the PSLs) but if I hadn’t moved I would’ve kept at least two of them.
When I got down here, I joined a private golf club, then a few years later got another membership to a second. Between the initiation fees and monthly dues, the  green fees and the cost of my club ho’ing habit? I could’ve paid off the PSLs very easily.
I guess since I need to buy a new car soon ... an industry that has somehow been allowed to price gouge the public at a tune of 200% increase over the last 5 years by using the CoVid pandemic as an excuse ... My focus on the dollars has been increased.

It's not that I could not afford the discretionary spending .. it's just that I am weighing the benefits of said spending more carefully....

And Jets football .. while I love the team and will continue to follow with false hope ... I don't see spending the cash on this trash as a wise move.

Hey .. maybe Rodgers will be the savior at 41 ... Anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Discretionary spending is the reward we give ourselves for whatever financial success we’ve had in our life. We only go around once. Spend what you can on what you enjoy.

I gave up 4 seats when I moved south years ago (just before the PSLs) but if I hadn’t moved I would’ve moved down to a lower section and kept at least two of them.

When I got down here, I joined a private golf club, then a few years later got another membership to a second.
Between the initiation fees and monthly dues, the green fees and bar&dining minimums, the cost of my club ho’ing habit? I could’ve paid off the PSLs very easily.

God bless and enjoy

i think the psl is such a hot button because many had seats for years and now because there is a new stadium they are hit with a 5, 10k or higher vig

i get it they are pissed and completely understand it but that was the trade off to a new stadium

it is why I compared to the ticket cost over 13 years and then 26

lets say your season tickets old stadium were 100 per game. New stadium no psl but Face value is now 140

I don’t think there us as much angst as there is now but over the course of time you were paying the money anyway

now the real argument would be why a new stadium in the first place but I think there are at least 50 threads on that already

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

The money is gone.

It was a scam, and we're screwed. Woody bought himself some garish jewelry.

When we opted out in year 3, rep told us for now the Jets would not seek to sue us for full performance at that time, i.e., paying the full amount. Can you imagine how bad it would look for the Jets to sue their own fans? 

I will say on a personal level I am far less irate about PSLs instead of other Jets related suckery.

15 year interest free loan on two seats, ends up being not that much each year. Still a rip off but it's far down on my jets lists of complaints.

PSL holders since there's probably about 500 of us, should be able to enter the club gates.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I will say on a personal level I am far less irate about PSLs instead of other Jets related suckery.
15 year interest free loan on two seats, ends up being not that much each year. Still a rip off but it's far down on my jets lists of complaints.
PSL holders since there's probably about 500 of us, should be able to enter the club gates.

At the end of the day the PSLs were just a premium I had to pay for the seats I wanted next to my friend since middle school.

My only real issue and most PSL owners is the complete lack of gratitude by the Jets’ ticket office and management. We were already in for the pound of flesh let it at that. The constant calls or the $25 fee just to renew the tickets. The most recent is pay now for next year and only giving the most asinine responses about the ticket demand being so high. (Then the next day get the still great seat available email)

It is just a very poorly run organization,that being said I signed up for it. Just wish they had a level on honesty when they spoke to those who have already paid many thousands of dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, heymangold said:

Just don’t renew your tickets.  I didn’t about 5-6 years ago - section 129.  I didn’t payoff my PSL and no one has sent me a bill since.

They want you to walk away.  They will resell that psl and make even more money.  When the next person walks away they will resell it again and make even more money. 

If you keep your seats forever that's no good as they can't resell your psl 10 fold. If the team isn't winning playoff games and superbowls those PSLs are worthless. 

If you haven't figured it out yet its fools gold. 

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

It was a scam, and we're screwed. Woody bought himself some garish jewelry.

When we opted out in year 3, rep told us for now the Jets would not seek to sue us for full performance at that time, i.e., paying the full amount. Can you imagine how bad it would look for the Jets to sue their own fans? 

Yes it would look almost as bad as not making the playoffs for 13 or 14 seasons in a row.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Trotter said:

You sound like a marketers dream

• Haha 1