No You Can't Make this Up -- The Jets Are Nuts!

24 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cliff Notes Version: Rogers Begged the Jets to put him on IR and the Jets refused the Request!

I am only posting this because I didn't see this posted anywhere else except in a post I wrote.

According to Rogers (see below), Rogers asked to be put on IR because he wouldn't be ready before the end of the season but the JETS DENIED THE REQUEST!

Let that sink in, a player recovering from a significant injury says to the Jets that he will not be ready before the end of the season but the Team says no!

And get this, the Team, The Jets, pretend that they are waiting for Rogers to return.  That is they are gaslighting everyone!

Hmmmm.......... again think there is only one reason why you would do this, and that is to mislead the fans and the press into believing something that they knew wouldn't happen. 

This is a NON-FOOTBALL DECISION...Period!!

And IMO this has Woody's fingerprints all over it! 

Neither Saleh nor JD would go out on a week-to-week basis and pretend like a player who said that he wouldn't be ready to perform is in fact progressing before the end of the season!

This is a JOKE!!

SELL THE TEAM...JUST SELL THE TEAM!!!

Oh and here is the proof..

Good Grief! :( 

6:00 mark is when he says he wanted to go on IR but was overruled.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Honestly, JD and Saleh should both quit in a press conference ten minutes after we lose to the Pats. They would be hired in a matter of minutes.

By who??? They are both not qualified to be GM and HC, perhaps a rank below yes. 

BUT. I like it. Walk out and say I cant let my reputation be tarnished by this Ahole any longer. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

By who??? They are both not qualified to be GM and HC, perhaps a rank below yes. 

BUT. I like it. Walk out and say I cant let my reputation be tarnished by this Ahole any longer. 

Saleh would get 10 offers as a DC. JD would tell the truth about what goes on in this organization in interviews and would be fine.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

JD wont be a GM anytime soon.   But in a few, perhaps. But yes, agree with all above.  

Especially Saleh, who tells the team “ to make sure you have the pen when they write your life story.” Right now, the pen is in the hands of the biggest idiot on the planet, Woody.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

this corresponds to the 2 month earlier-than-usual season ticket holder invoices. Usually January, this time it was November.  It's all about the clicks, money and back page attention for Woody.  Too bad wins and losses is at the bottom of his important things list.

We have the worst fking owner in the NFL.   

See you are thinking man!

That is why it is so insidious!  They are calling me for Coaches Corner Seats which are crazy expensive and couldn't do it based on the horrific play of the current team!

It is a joke and it tells you all you need to know about this ownership

And we wonder why we can't win!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I can't tell the real from the BS any more with this franchise. :( It's getting so I can't have an opinion anymore since I'm a facts based guy. 

That is why I was so upset when I heard this....

You can't even root or know what is going on now because the Jets are a Circus operating under the Guise of being an NFL football team....

Fight Protect GIF by Cirque du Soleil

• Upvote 2

Saleh's defence system is highly overrated but he would be snapped up by another team as defensive coordinator pretty quickly. He will hope for the Todd Bowles redemption arc after his gig as the head coach of the Jets is completed. Bowles isn't doing too badly as the Bucs head coach with Mayfield as his quarterback.

Douglas will never be the GM of another team. He is most likely looking at a role akin to Idzik after he finishes being the GM of the Jets.

• Upvote 3

Don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets, don't go to the stadium. If you are strong enough, don't even watch the games.

Be a man and demand respect.

This is 100% proof that nobody cares about winning in that franchise. It's all about the show. Johnson may be the biggest culprit, but Douglas and Saleh are both contributors.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Cliff Notes Version: Rogers Begged the Jets to put him on IR and the Jets refused the Request!

I am only posting this because I didn't see this posted anywhere else except in a post I wrote.

According to Rogers (see below), Rogers asked to be put on IR because he wouldn't be ready before the end of the season but the JETS DENIED THE REQUEST!

Let that sink in, a player recovering from a significant injury says to the Jets that he will not be ready before the end of the season but the Team says no!

And get this, the Team, The Jets, pretend that they are waiting for Rogers to return.  That is they are gaslighting everyone!

Hmmmm.......... again think there is only one reason why you would do this, and that is to mislead the fans and the press into believing something that they knew wouldn't happen. 

This is a NON-FOOTBALL DECISION...Period!!

And IMO this has Woody's fingerprints all over it! 

Neither Saleh nor JD would go out on a week-to-week basis and pretend like a player who said that he wouldn't be ready to perform is in fact progressing before the end of the season!

This is a JOKE!!

SELL THE TEAM...JUST SELL THE TEAM!!!

Oh and here is the proof..

Good Grief! :( 

This is precisely why Johnson declared everyone will be back. Douglas and Saleh are the perfect accomplices. Why get rid of them?

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

WGF - Bawden gets hurt every other game anyway and AR wasnt playing either way.  This just noise and has absolutely no impact on any games played.

Hmmm.... this is just a tangible example of the dysfunctional organization, and you're right, in and of itself, has no impact on game day, as a microcosm.

In the macrocosm it is a huge red flag. 

Bawden isn't a superstar, everyone gets that. His presence or lack thereof doesn't mean much. But the fact that Rasputin Rodgers made it a public point to let the world know that he isn't personally responsible for him getting bounced, means everything. 

First of all, thank you for last weeks news. 

Second, they wanted him to be able to keep practicing and be around the team. It was well know he was never actually playing. And Bawden was still locked in. Got his money. And surprise, was active and played this week. 

Soooo what are we crying about exactly? Oh right just anything and everything. Good grief. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Hmmm.... this is just a tangible example of the dysfunctional organization, and you're right, in and of itself, has no impact on game day, as a microcosm.

In the macrocosm it is a huge red flag. 

Bawden isn't a superstar, everyone gets that. His presence or lack thereof doesn't mean much. But the fact that Rasputin Rodgers made it a public point to let the world know that he isn't personally responsible for him getting bounced, means everything. 

there is plenty more things to get POd about the jets than this

who they draft /dont draft

who they sign / dont sign

the plays/ schemes they run

effort / no effort

this is just noise - same the with whole Clemens thing to me.

I saw the interview too and I don’t recall Rodgers using the term overruled.  He did say he didn’t want to be activated at the expense of sending a player down.  Bawden is the guy out and now he’s on the practice squad.  He didn’t lose a cent in the process and got to spend the holidays with his family.  This may ot be on woody.  Saleh might be playing some stupid gamesmanship by not announcing the starter until the the day before the game.  He pulled the same thing when he didn’t announce Zach over Boyle until a couple of days before the Texans game.  It’s pretty stupid on salehs part since he’s running out of qb choices.

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Bawden is the guy out and now he’s on the practice squad.  He didn’t lose a cent in the process and got to spend the holidays with his family.

This is true but didn't they have to cut a practice squad guy to make room for bawden? 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

Saleh's defence system is highly overrated but he would be snapped up by another team as defensive coordinator pretty quickly. He will hope for the Todd Bowles redemption arc after his gig as the head coach of the Jets is completed. Bowles isn't doing too badly as the Bucs head coach with Mayfield as his quarterback.

Douglas will never be the GM of another team. He is most likely looking at a role akin to Idzik after he finishes being the GM of the Jets.

Saleh if course would be scooped up, with even bottom barrel off he's a play off coach.

Joe Douglas also is better half gm for sure. He would be hired on the spot.

We just haven't got a decent off staff because of apparently woody

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

AR is, and always has been, a PR stunt of Woody's. Same motive as Tebow, just a hella more expensive. Woody doesn't care about the product or wins and losses, he only cares about cheap Vaudeville theatre. He's the PT Barnum of the NFL. He's a deranged fool with alot of money. 

But a bunch of posters said this is all Saleh and JD's fault?  That Woody had nothing to do with the decision.  So hard to know the truth.  

• Upvote 1

Look, let's get the whole "gaslighting" term, straightened out. I get it, it was a movie about a guy who was trying to convince his wife was insane. 

In ever evolving vernacular, it has come to describe people trying to wind other people up. OK? Stop acting like you are some brilliant linguist. 

When I say someone is "gaslighting me" it means that they really don't mean what they say, they are only saying it because they know it's going to push my buttons. 

Are we clear, now?