Where will Zach Wilson end up next year? As in what team?

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Lefluer wasn't fired by the NY Jets.  LeFluer had an offer and wanted to leave before the jets ever fired him.  

Technically, on paper....yes. But make no mistake, ownership forced Saleh to get rid of him. They simply gave MLF an opportunity to find a job first so they could "mutually part ways."

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Technically, on paper....yes. But make no mistake, ownership forced Saleh to get rid of him. They simply gave MLF an opportunity to find a job first so they could "mutually part ways."

Technically Saleh, per JD had the right to hire and fire his staff.  Technically Saleh didn't fire him.  Lefluer had multiple offers and Saleh was being presured to fire him from Woody.  Lefluer took another job saving Saleh being forced to fire him by Woody.  

Technically the Jets couldn't even properly scapegoat him for JD's failure to draft a QB and assemble a functioning OL. 

Lefluer bailed out Saleh who didn't want to fire him but had to.  

14 minutes ago, football guy said:

Most NFL teams don't operate like this anymore. If the compensation is close and there isn't a bitter relationship with the player, they will give them say in where they go. If a team offered a 2nd round pick vs. the Rams offering a 5th that's a different story. But if the price is close, teams will try to accommodate the player because it helps their reputation with agents. 

As far as why I think McVay will want Wilson? Go read his reasons he wanted Stafford over Goff, specifically related to play style and off schedule playmaking. Go read the statements of people who branch from the Shanahan/QB collective tree and what they think about Wilson as a player both in the past as a prospect and in the present. A lot of the same sentiments they had with Sam Darnold, who SF considered trading for in 2021 and ultimately signed this past offseason. They were all pushing Zach as the top QB in the 2021 draft, and they continue to push him as an ultra-talented player who can thrive in the right environment. It's no secret, just do your research instead of looking at it from an emotional fan perspective whose butthurt that the player they drafted #2 overall busted

Yes toughness. Yes work ethic. Yes resilience. None have been questioned in his time with the Jets. But because you saw the teammates wearing Mike White shirts, it must be that he's none of those things and that his teammates hate him. Just more conspiracy theory

Your serious with this?   

You cite how the NFL works and then want me to believe bullsh*t statements thrown around?  How the NFL works is that you have to read between the lines.  Not many team sources are going to go on record saying "That dude sucks."  

As for none of that sh*t being questioned in his time with the Jets, again, I have to question if you are writing this with a straight face.  I am about the least emotional, butthurt fan you are going to find and I question all of that.  I am far from the only one, and those of us that are questioning it do not just come from the angry woe is me, we drafted a bust camp.

Can I ask you an off topic question?  Why do you think Carson Wentz took so long to get signed? 

• Upvote 2

Zach’s done here, he wants out and his team will do whatever it takes to get him traded or released. He looked happy when he was benched a few weeks back. 

I’m sure he/his agent have already had discussions with Douglas about a mutual parting following the season and that’s why he’s in this 3 week sham of a concussion protocol. 

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

All we need is just one team out there who does see him as a possible starter. And when I say a possible starter, I mean, bring him in and have him compete with others as the possible starter.
If not, then Why would teams trade for him if they don’t want to ever use him? San Francisco and Kansas City would be wasting draft picks trading for him because they’re set for the next 10 years at QB. You can buy a backup QB. You don’t need to waste draft capital for a backup.
The Lance trade was an outlier because he got injured early and he never really got to play. That’s why his trade value was low.

Zack’s trade value will be, and should be somewhere in the Sam Darnold trade value.

All you need is another Carolina Panthers 

You trade a 5th for him, rehab him, showcase him in a few blow outs behind a good line showing that his failure was a product of the jets organization but now he is actually what people thought he was.... then you flip him for a 2. 

Otherwise there is no reason a team with an established starter to do it. 

18 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Your serious with this?   

You cite how the NFL works and then want me to believe bullsh*t statements thrown around?  How the NFL works is that you have to read between the lines.  Not many team sources are going to go on record saying "That dude sucks."  

As for none of that sh*t being questioned in his time with the Jets, again, I have to question if you are writing this with a straight face.  I am about the least emotional, butthurt fan you are going to find and I question all of that.  I am far from the only one, and those of us that are questioning it do not just come from the angry woe is me, we drafted a bust camp.

Can I ask you an off topic question?  Why do you think Carson Wentz took so long to get signed? 

Dead serious 

Point was not to single you out rather speaking about a large segment of fans who idiotically believe the player will be out of the league or a camp body and no smartly run team will want him. He’ll be in demand, and those who can take the Jet bias out of it should understand why

Carson Wentz has a long history of being very difficult to coach and can be a distraction in the locker room. Not a “bad” guy per se, but too type A. Hard worker and dedicated to winning, but does doesn’t take to coaching. I wouldn’t say trust any media source, but Jeff McLane is one of the best in the business and wrote this years ago:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/carson-wentz-eagles-regression-doug-pederson-press-taylor-howie-roseman-20210116.html

Then, the same fate happened to him in IND after they traded a 1st & 3rd round pick for him. Played fairly well that year, but only lasted one season before they shipped him off to WAS. 

IMG_1677.thumb.jpeg.3ca3d96c2fbab54f4ccb9fe613940351.jpeg
What happened to WAS? A lot of the same but the difference this time around was that he lost confidence and played poorly. 

Personally, I think Wentz can be a very good starting QB. He has all the tools and has thrived before. Carson needed career rehab, but early on he was chasing after teams where he figured there would be a pathway to starting, and those teams were unwilling to give him the spot. He has admitted this. The LAR had an offer out to him for a while, pinching Wentz and his representation on the opportunity to rehabilitate in their program a la Baker Mayfield last year, and when it became clear to Wentz that was his only option to get back on a team, he signed. He also alluded to this publically 

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

Dead serious 

Point was not to single you out rather speaking about a large segment of fans who idiotically believe the player will be out of the league or a camp body and no smartly run team will want him. He’ll be in demand, and those who can take the Jet bias out of it should understand why

Carson Wentz has a long history of being very difficult to coach and can be a distraction in the locker room. Not a “bad” guy per se, but too type A. Hard worker and dedicated to winning, but does doesn’t take to coaching. I wouldn’t say trust any media source, but Jeff McLane is one of the best in the business and wrote this years ago:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/carson-wentz-eagles-regression-doug-pederson-press-taylor-howie-roseman-20210116.html

Then, the same fate happened to him in IND after they traded a 1st & 3rd round pick for him. Played fairly well that year, but only lasted one season before they shipped him off to WAS. 

IMG_1677.thumb.jpeg.3ca3d96c2fbab54f4ccb9fe613940351.jpeg
What happened to WAS? A lot of the same but the difference this time around was that he lost confidence and played poorly. 

Personally, I think Wentz can be a very good starting QB. He has all the tools and has thrived before. Carson needed career rehab, but early on he was chasing after teams where he figured there would be a pathway to starting, and those teams were unwilling to give him the spot. He has admitted this. The LAR had an offer out to him for a while, pinching Wentz and his representation on the opportunity to rehabilitate in their program a la Baker Mayfield last year, and when it became clear to Wentz that was his only option to get back on a team, he signed. He also alluded to this publically 

Do you believe Zach is still concussed or did he talk his way into be shelved? Is he with the team? Everything with Wilson is cloak and dagger, which is why many people assume stuff about the org.   It’s not conspiratorial at all. He’s the most protected player in football. 

He ends up as QB2 wherever BB ends up coaching next year, and the doom and gloom brigade spends all year hand wringing about how he'll haunt us for the next decade.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Do you believe Zach is still concussed or did he talk his way into be shelved? Is he with the team? Everything with Wilson is cloak and dagger, which is why many people assume stuff about the org.   It’s not conspiratorial at all. He’s the most protected player in football. 

He was concussed, and as evidenced by what happened this year with many of our players, the Jets aren’t very transparent with concussions and often miss the mark on recovery times. Our guys have missed 2-3 weeks minimum. Do I think he’s still concsussed? Probably not. But they’ve taken ultra cautious approach to head injuries and I don’t think it makes sense for anyone on either side to thrust him into the lineup. Everyone knows divorce is probably the ultimate outcome here

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

He was concussed, and as evidenced by what happened this year with many of our players, the Jets aren’t very transparent with concussions and often miss the mark on recovery times. Our guys have missed 2-3 weeks minimum. Do I think he’s still concsussed? Probably not. But they’ve taken ultra cautious approach to head injuries and I don’t think it makes sense for anyone on either side to thrust him into the lineup. Everyone knows divorce is probably the ultimate outcome here

Is he still with the team?

11 hours ago, jamesr said:

He ends up as QB2 wherever BB ends up coaching next year, and the doom and gloom brigade spends all year hand wringing about how he'll haunt us for the next decade. emoji12.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, I am sure that Bill Belichick, having seen the wizardry of Zach Wilson up close, would absolutely want to add Wilson to his new team. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, I am sure that Bill Belichick, having seen the wizardry of Zach Wilson up close, would absolutely want to add Wilson to his new team. 

His deviousness and scumbaggery knows no bounds! :D  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He'll probably go for hof type weapons like Mike White or Trevor Simiean instead. 

• Upvote 1