My choice for Rodgers primary back up

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

It would be great, but I don't think he is going anywhere:

Browning is an exclusive-rights free agent, which means the Bengals could keep him with a league-minimum salary in 2024, or they could trade him to another team. Browning acknowledged that it’s not up to him where he plays next season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jake-browning-thinks-hes-proven-hes-a-starter-im-one-of-the-top-32-quarterbacks

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

What about her?  Any chance Rodgers swings over there and somehow creates some more drama by stealing Browning's girlfriend and bringing her to Met Life?

8 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

What about her?  Any chance Rodgers swings over there and somehow creates some more drama by stealing Browning's girlfriend and bringing her to Met Life?

Oh yeah nothing woos away Gen Z'ers more than middle-aged men who think Bigfoot is real.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

JD is pretty much certain to bring in a guy with experience as QB2.

Brissett, Minshew, Mason Rudolph...someone like that.

Hackett is really not an OC-he is an AR8 Athletic Supporter.   Everything about the offensive staff is about AR8.  

So the question then becomes what QB2 can we convince to sign voluntarily with the Jets?  When AR8 does go down and they are needed to play, they are likely to either get maimed and/or embarrassed.

I was not saying that Siemian was any good.  Just that he was obtainable, cheap and could win a few games in a pinch.   I think the reaction was because Zach was so bad, we needed a premium QB2.  I would argue that we just need a QB2 much better than Zach.  That is basically almost everyone except Tim Boyle and a few others.  

With this Jets 2024 team, if AR8 missed more than a couple of games, the entire thing is lost.  I would rather spend the money on other more impactful players.  

13 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Rodgers wouldn't waste his time... 

5 hours ago, mrcoops said:

JD is pretty much certain to bring in a guy with experience as QB2.

Brissett, Minshew, Mason Rudolph...someone like that.

2 of these 3 likely played well enough to earn contracts as interim starters for teams that draft a rookie QB.