Will the Jets be able to get anything for Zach Wilson?

Will the Jets be able to get anything for Zach Wilson?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jets be able to get anything for Zach Wilson?

The only way they would get anything back is if they eat 80% of his salary and them maybe a conditional 6th round pick if he makes the team.  Now if the NFL changed the rules so that games were played indoors in shorts with no defensive players than I think we could definitely get a #1 for him. 

• Haha 2

i voted day 3 pick but i dont think it will be straight up. i think we have to give a pick like Zach and a 5th to get a 6th or 7th.

teams know we have to get rid of him so they could just wait for us to cut him. not in a position of strength here.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Day two pick.  They can still keep him if they want.  And he did play well enough to be a back up, especially if the oline gets straightened out.

He didn't play well at all 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The jets will have to eat most of 5 million salary I would think. Could get a 6th rounder if the other team only has to pay him vet minimum. The cap hit is 11 million whether he is on the team or cut. If other team is willing to pay him vet minimum of 1mill jets would be able to save that on cap at least.

15 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I'm probably wrong but I think they can sucker a team into trading a late third rounder.  Joe Douglas has shown he can fleece other teams in trades.  

Agree.  There's always an ego that feels like they can fix the Jets broken toys.  

Day 3 pick.

They'll get something for sure, but not much.  For as bad as Zach was he has an arm and mobility that's hard to find, and he's had moments of success at the NFL level.  That's enough to make a league full of egomaniacal self-proclaimed offensive geniuses believe they "can fix him" in a few months over a Spring/Summer.  They'll see Zach as already having the things that you just can't teach and think they can coach the mental part of his game better.  If the Jets could scrub the internet of his film except the Kansas City game where they "let him rip it," he'd go for a 1st or 2nd.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, doitny said:

wait is this true? Rodgers said something like he wanted Zach gone?

Not that he wanted Zach gone - he said he’d love to have him back if that’s what’s best for Zach, but he went out of his way to bring up that “a change of scenery can be a breath of fresh air” (as it was for himself when he came to the jets) 

• Upvote 1

Maybe we can trade him and Hackett to the Rams and get back Mike Lafleur?  8th in points, 7th in yards this season.  And before anyone says it is Sean McVay running the offense last year the Rams were 27th in points and 32nd in yards.  Just more collateral damage in the failed Zach Wilson experiment.    

Randy Mueller was saying on a podcast yesterday that he thinks the Jets will definitely get something, but likely a 5th rounder.  He thinks there are teams that will be enamored by his skillset -- particularly teams with an established starter like the Rams, Chiefs and Eagles -- and who believe the Jets are to blame for his lack of success.

I'm hoping we can get at least a fourth, like the 49ers got for Lance.

Easily a third and maybe a second. Darnold looked better in Carolina and even better in San Fran. The jets are known for ruining QBs and I’ll bet there are a few teams salivating at stashing Wilson and fixing him.
We get a Darnold like package for him. I can even see him going in the package for adams.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app