JETS better than most teams in AFC since 2001

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

AFC East 🏈 Playoff Wins & Title Games since 2001

1️⃣ NE Patriots - 24 Wins (13 AFC Title Games)
2️⃣ New York Jets - 6 Wins (2 AFC Title Games)
3️⃣ Buffalo Bills - 4 Wins (1 AFC Title Game)
4️⃣ Miami Dolphins - 0 Wins (0 AFC Title Games)

Sometimes we need a little perspective (especially when your favorite team is in a big market with big expectations) Since 2001 the New York Jets have had more playoff success than the Bills or Dolphins.

In fact look at how the AFC stacks up since 2001 when making it to the title game…

▪️Class Leaders
Patriots - 13
Steelers - 6
Chiefs - 5

▪️Multiple Appearances
Colts - 4
Broncos - 3
Ravens - 3
NY Jets - 2
Titans - 2
Bengals - 2

▪️One Timers
Raiders - 1
Bills - 1
Chargers - 1
Jaguars - 1

▪️Replace with an XFL team? 😂
Browns - 0
Texans - 0 (they have a chance this year!)
Dolphins - 0

Results are in, Jets gud!

Forget I had hair last time we actually played a playoff game, gained 30 pounds, lost five relatives. Moved twice, seen Burnley relegated three time and promoted three times, in the same span. Yet Jets gud 🤔 

Whatever you’re smoking DM me so I can order some.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Sometimes we need a little perspective (especially when your favorite team is in a big market with big expectations) Since 2001 the New York Jets have had more playoff success than the Bills or Dolphins.

In fact look at how the AFC stacks up since 2001 when making it to the title game…

▪️Class Leaders
Patriots - 13
Steelers - 6
Chiefs - 5

▪️Multiple Appearances
Colts - 4
Broncos - 3
Ravens - 3
NY Jets - 2
Titans - 2
Bengals - 2

▪️One Timers
Raiders - 1
Bills - 1
Chargers - 1
Jaguars - 1

Browns - 0
Dolphins - 0

Happy Hour Smile GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Now do it since 2011 (i.e. 13 years).  

77-134 record, 0.364 winning %

13 Non-Playoff Seasons

11 seasons ranked 23rd or Worse on Offense, 8 seasons ranked 28th or worse on Offense, (Avg. rank = 26th).

A failed #2 pick QB, a failed #3 pick QB, a failed #6 pick QB and a failed #39 pick QB. 

One of which may be a top 10 all-time NFL Bust.

7x 4th place finishes in the AFC East.

Avg. Jets Score over this time?  Loss 24 to 18.  Over 13 years......we average losing by almost a full TD every game.  For 13 years.

Perspective my ass. 

Don't piss on my head and tell me it's Single-Malt Scotch mate.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, freestater said:

I don't have to look it up. Its currently the longest streak of no playoff appearances in the NFL. The current regime has yet to post a winning record. Both GM and HC are lame ducks entering their last years on their contract. In all that time they couldn't muster better than .500 one single time. What possible argument can be made that they weren't given time or resources? They've had both and squandered them. 

^this is all that needs to be said. Jets are the definition of 'failure'.  Yet here we are in this thread.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

All of the Jets wins came while there were still remnants of the Parcells era within the organization. They went to shambles after that.

That’s because we can’t develop the players so the only chance we have is mainly with free agents, and certain draft picks that are can’t miss players like Sauce, QuinW, JJ, Wilson, and BHall. We need a few of those names I just mentioned to be Oline like Tip, AVT if he can stay healthy, and any we can hit on in this year’s draft. 

Previously we did good with the Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, picks and that netted better results since Oline has to be dome of your corner stones in order to maintain stability.

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

▪️Class Leaders
Patriots - 13
Steelers - 6
Chiefs - 5

▪️Multiple Appearances
Colts - 4
Broncos - 3
Ravens - 3
NY Jets - 2
Titans - 2
Bengals - 2

▪️One Timers
Raiders - 1
Bills - 1
Chargers - 1
Jaguars - 1

Browns - 0
Dolphins - 0

I imagine you are under 40 and have a trophy room full of 3rd and fourth place finishes.  

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Haters gonna hate! Fact is in 20 years JETS have done better than 7 teams and worse than 6… hang in there!

You’re happy with the product? 

An abysmal season just ended and you decide to look at jets history to try and twist it into a positive? :rl: 

WHERES YOUR T SHIRTS AT COACH?

45 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I imagine you are under 40 and have a trophy room full of 3rd and fourth place finishes.  

Nailed it! He used to masturbate to Chad Pennington posters

• Haha 2

There once was a book titled "How To Lie With Statistics".

You forgot to mention that at one point only two NFL teams had ever won a Super Bowl... and the Jets were one of them.

When was the last time this team has hosted a home playoff game?

How many teams have won Super Bowls in the last 50-something years?  Almost every NFL team except us!

• Post of the Week 2

22 hours ago, bicketybam said:
22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Gotta love the simps that still make nonsensical participation trophy arguments to defend Woody Johnson.
You’re a big reason why we suck.  

Tell me how Leon Hess was better. I'm all ears.

This is easy

1) believe it or not, the jets had more success under Hess than Johnson.

2)Hess didn’t charge season ticket holders for pre season tickets (they were free)

3)Hess had 4 home playoff games during his tenure, woddy only one.

4) Hess would refund playoff tickets immediately if the jets didn’t get a home game. Woody holds onto it as credit for next year to make money on your money.

5) he moved the jets outta that dump she stadium 

Here’s a better question: wtf has woody done to make guys like you go Gaga over him? I’m all ears. He sucks and is a huge reason why the Jets suck.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, bicketybam said:
22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Gotta love the simps that still make nonsensical participation trophy arguments to defend Woody Johnson.
You’re a big reason why we suck.  

Tell me how Leon Hess was better. I'm all ears.

Why does it matter who was better?  They both sucked.  Woody just has the 13-year playoff drought on his resumé.

34 minutes ago, BP said:

This is easy

2)Hess didn’t charge season ticket holders for pre season tickets (they were free)

4) Hess would refund playoff tickets immediately if the jets didn’t get a home game. Woody holds onto it as credit for next year to make money on your money.

Here’s a better question: wtf has woody done to make guys like you go Gaga over him? I’m all ears. He sucks and is a huge reason why the Jets suck.

And HESS was awful…….   But Woody digs the hole even deeper. 

On 1/14/2024 at 9:18 AM, ECURB said:

▪️Class Leaders
Patriots - 13
Steelers - 6
Chiefs - 5

▪️Multiple Appearances
Colts - 4
Broncos - 3
Ravens - 3
NY Jets - 2
Titans - 2
Bengals - 2

▪️One Timers
Raiders - 1
Bills - 1
Chargers - 1
Jaguars - 1

Browns - 0
Dolphins - 0

What's the Jets winning % the last 10 years?

Who has the longest playoff drought in American Sports?

in another thread we pointed out that the jets last appearance in the big show
is longest streak besides browns and lions.
then it occurred to me that these 3 teams may have the longest championship series or finals appearance drought not only in nfl but all of big 4 sports. super bowl, world series, stanley cup, nba finals. not a sniff.

This is easy

I could make a list a mile long as to why Hess was a terrible owner. The guy didn't even employ a GM ffs. But instead of doing that, I'll just take issue with your 5th point. You want to give Leon Hess credit for taking them OUT of NY state and making them a tenant of GIANTS Stadium in New Jersey?! That has to be a joke.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:57 AM, bicketybam said:

I could make a list a mile long as to why Hess was a terrible owner. The guy didn't even employ a GM ffs. But instead of doing that, I'll just take issue with your 5th point. You want to give Leon Hess credit for taking them OUT of NY state and making them a tenant of GIANTS Stadium in New Jersey?! That has to be a joke.

This is what was really important this year 

IMG_1119.jpeg