Sounds like Belichick is headed to Atlanta

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

One of the best, yes... He will stay out of BB's way.

How is BB going to get a QB ???

My money is on him drafting JJ McCarthy or working a deal for Fields. 

Or maybe he snatches Alt or Fashanu out from under the Jets to screw them again.

Oh my God PLEASE trade for Fields!  I would love to see Belichick get fired again 

20 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I can’t stand Josina Anderson, but she’s very connected.  I buy it.

Yeah but this reporting is suspect.   First he interviewed a week ago, and then a second interview pops up.  Frankly he isn’t the type of coach that interviews.  You either offer him the job and he wants it or not.   Then you post on twitter “I’m expecting” so if it falls through and he isn’t the coach, you have an out for a reasonable assumption.

i really don’t like most reporters.  They are thin skinned and lazy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Yeah but this reporting is suspect.   First he interviewed a week ago, and then a second interview pops up.  Frankly he isn’t the type of coach that interviews.  You either offer him the job and he wants it or not.   Then you post on twitter “I’m expecting” so if it falls through and he isn’t the coach, you have an out for a reasonable assumption.

i really don’t like most reporters.  They are thin skinned and lazy.

the longer this goes the more unlikely it is to happen.

Maybe they are waiting for the games to complete this weekend so they dont take the attention off. 

I am prob dead wrong but I just dont see the fit for him to ATL. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Humorless

For reasons only you understand, in this thread you have:

Accused me of promoting politics when I clearly didnt do anything remotely close to that.

Assigned a "world view" to me when I hadnt even spoken of anything related to such a topic.

Called me a snowflake when I politely asked you to stop your attack.

And now you call me humorless when I dont find you amusing?

Again, I politely ask please just stop the unprovoked aggression. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Oh my God PLEASE trade for Fields!  I would love to see Belichick get fired again 

haha... fields has been up and down, but he has real skills.  perhaps he can steady up with some better coaching ??? the zw fan boyz are still sticking with their story that he just needs good coaching to put it all together.  maybe fields can be all he can be under bb ???

• Upvote 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing Belichick scraping together a coaching staff out of his failed coaching tree. NE probably needs to retain at least some of the staff under Mayo. O'Brien already ran off to Ohio State. McDaniels is out there and I guess we'll see if Patricia is as much of a loyalist. I've seen people suggest Vrabel as a DC but he's under contract with TEN through 2025 so maybe not in a hurry to take a step down if he can't find a head coaching job this year (which I think he will). 

36 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing Belichick scraping together a coaching staff out of his failed coaching tree. NE probably needs to retain at least some of the staff under Mayo. O'Brien already ran off to Ohio State. McDaniels is out there and I guess we'll see if Patricia is as much of a loyalist. I've seen people suggest Vrabel as a DC but he's under contract with TEN through 2025 so maybe not in a hurry to take a step down if he can't find a head coaching job this year (which I think he will). 

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

haha... fields has been up and down, but he has real skills.  perhaps he can steady up with some better coaching ??? the zw fan boyz are still sticking with their story that he just needs good coaching to put it all together.  maybe fields can be all he can be under bb ???

Maybe Billy Boy is reaching out to TB12 to come join him in Atl.

Even at his age he is likely better than 3/4 of the starters in the NFL.

Far fetched? Sure but wouldn't it be something!

4 hours ago, Beaver said:

The Falcons still have to meet the Rooney Rule.  There are reports they interviewed eight.  We know of Harbaugh and Bill.  If they meet the requirement, they can then discuss being a Dirty Bird.

16 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Maybe Billy Boy is reaching out to TB12 to come join him in Atl.

Even at his age he is likely better than 3/4 of the starters in the NFL.

Far fetched? Sure but wouldn't it be something!

dunno about that.  kraft wanted to keep brady and bb wanted to go with jimmy g.  they kept brady and it pissed off bb.  i think the rift in ne was between brandy and bb.  that is why brady bolted.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

the longer this goes the more unlikely it is to happen.

Maybe they are waiting for the games to complete this weekend so they dont take the attention off. 

I am prob dead wrong but I just dont see the fit for him to ATL. 

Tbh, I also think it's a strange fit.  They don't have a QB and I don't know that BB is going to want to develop a rookie, who might have growing pains.  Though possibly he's thinking Atlanta has some good pieces on offense and he thinks he can sign a veteran QB and then coach up the defense.  Plus they're in a weak division.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

BB has never had an issue having a CS of guys who failed as HC's.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tbh, I also think it's a strange fit.  They don't have a QB and I don't know that BB is going to want to develop a rookie, who might have growing pains.  Though possibly he's thinking Atlanta has some good pieces on offense and he thinks he can sign a veteran QB and then coach up the defense.  Plus they're in a weak division.

True, but he can make a run at Cousins, Baker or even Winston.  Or bring back a familiar face in Brisset.

He probably had limited teams willing to give him what he wants.  It is probably a marriage of convenience.  

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

dunno about that.  kraft wanted to keep brady and bb wanted to go with jimmy g.  they kept brady and it pissed off bb.  i think the rift in ne was between brandy and bb.  that is why brady bolted.  

Another far fetched thought..... Matt Ryan is only 38. What a homecoming that would be.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Another far fetched thought..... Matt Ryan is only 38. What a homecoming that would be.

yep. and i bet he still thinks about the big superbowl lead vs the pats they blew.  i'd say he'd like to make up for that.  

• Upvote 1

We don't really know the true reason Bill quit on the Jets job to take the NEP gig. Was it the owner he didn't trust Woody and the kind of org he would run. Word out back then was he didn't want to work with Parcells anymore. Was it that he just wanted to work with Kraft. If so that obviously worked he was allowed to run the kind of org that not only worked but won 6 rings. A recent article said he has been hesitant about Atlanta because of one guy the head guy in their front office McKay. Not sure how accurate this is you'd think if he went for two interviews there would be no prob. And he has a long time relationship with Pioli the Asst to McKay. 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:37 PM, THE BARON said:

You didn’t hear?  If it wasn’t for the bears coaching staff, roster, stadium, weather, city, schedule, the media, sunspots, meteors and mancow Justin Fields would be better than Lamar Jackson 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

We don't really know the true reason Bill quit on the Jets job to take the NEP gig. Was it the owner he didn't trust Woody and the kind of org he would run. Word out back then was he didn't want to work with Parcells anymore. Was it that he just wanted to work with Kraft. If so that obviously worked he was allowed to run the kind of org that not only worked but won 6 rings. A recent article said he has been hesitant about Atlanta because of one guy the head guy in their front office McKay. Not sure how accurate this is you'd think if he went for two interviews there would be no prob. And he has a long time relationship with Pioli the Asst to McKay. 

BB said it himself in the Two Bills documentary the reason he left was Woody.  

He said he was willing to take over for Parcells if Hess was the owner but he passed away and he had reservations about Woody.  Not that I don’t think we missed out.  Belichick without Tom Brady is the same coach Al Groh was