*FASHION THREAD* Prices drop on NFL Shop Jets Jerseys. Uniform change incoming?

50 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hopefully we have the helmet in my avatar with the sack exchange logo for the home green jerseys.

Imo, the sack exchange home green jerseys were awful and is the reason they wore white at home for years. 

For about ten years we were like the Cowboys Redskins and only wore green the we played at Miami in September, or at Dallas or Washington. 

don't like the logo or the black face mask.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair, I heard similar last year, @SomebodytoAnybody47 heard the same, now the “new” uniforms are being heavily discounted, the legacy uniforms have NOT been discounted, and other prominent uniform watch accounts (as ridiculous as that sounds, there is a decent community built around things like this) are chiming into Asman’s tweet mentioning that they have heard similar.

Given the negative reception to the new uniforms, and the positive attitude towards the legacy outfits, it’s not far fetched at all.

Kinda hope they went a little lighter on the green and added the new logo above the numbers but anything is better than current ones lol . I hope they add a black legacy 

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

To be fair, I heard similar last year, @SomebodytoAnybody47 heard the same, now the “new” uniforms are being heavily discounted, the legacy uniforms have NOT been discounted, and other prominent uniform watch accounts (as ridiculous as that sounds, there is a decent community built around things like this) are chiming into Asman’s tweet mentioning that they have heard similar.

Given the negative reception to the new uniforms, and the positive attitude towards the legacy outfits, it’s not far fetched at all.

I pray they change them. I have to convince myself every time I see the current jerseys that I like them.  They are a gimmick and I compare their awfulness to those hideous orange and red bucs unis with the digital numbers from a few years ago. I even thought to myself that if we won the super bowl this year we'd be stuck with them forever lol. 

The throwbacks worn this year are top 3 in the league! Make a black alternate if u must but the throwbacks need to be permanent. 

• Upvote 3

Uniforms and spectacular introductions are the key to turning the Jets failures around. At least they’ll look pretty while they suck.

Woody was inspired by how this great team came together in the pre season. 

15 minutes ago, BP said:

I really could care less what they look like at this point. But this being a priority is another reason why the organization fails

This is silly. Jets like any NFL team are a major corporation with several different departments. The people involved in roster management are not involved in this. Joe Douglas or College Scouting Director aren't in meetings picking shades of green.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

This is silly. Jets like any NFL team are a major corporation with several different departments. The people involved in roster management are not involved in this. Joe Douglas or College Scouting Director aren't in meetings picking shades of green.

lol the organization is focused on nonsense, and it’s obvious if you  look at all the interns they hire in important positions like training and physical therapy and or watch them or attend a home game. You may think it’s silly, but making uniforms and spectacular introductions a priority and winning an afterthought is what’s silly.

They’re certainly the worst run organization in the NFL, and their record the last 13 years speaks for itself.

BUT UNIFORMS!!!! 

How is this NOT a topic over here? People have been belly-aching since we started imitating the Saskatchewan roughriders .

https://dailysnark.com/2024/01/20/report-jets-making-80s-throwbacks-their-primary-uniforms-starting-next-season/

The New York Jets ushered in a new era this season with Aaron Rodgers under center and Super Bowl hopes seemingly within reach for the first time in a generation. That lasted all but 15 minutes.

With a new season on the horizon and Aaron Rodgers already healthy enough to play before the offseason, the team will run it back next year, and will most likely do it with new uniforms. 

According to a few reports, the team will move to making their 80’s throwback uniforms that they wore on a few occasions last season their full-time, primary uniforms. 

RUMOR IS THAT THE JETS ARE GOING TO MAKE THEIR 80S UNIFORMS THEIR PRIMARY UNIFORMS NEXT SEASON.👇 GREAT NEWS FOR JETS AND NFL FANS, IF TRUE. HTTPS://T.CO/AQVUMIZUNXPIC.TWITTER.COM/UTQSNBH0XZ

— FB_Helmet_Guy (@FB_Helmet_Guy) January 20, 2024

The league’s 5-year rule on having to use the same uniforms is up for the Jets after introducing their Gotham Green uniform in 2019. 

inlineg

A team’s uniforms being heavily discounted on NFLShop.com is usually a surefire indicator that the team will be switching to a new design the next season.

• Upvote 1

I am not a uniform guy, I think that is a young man's game. I see all the passion for it and I am like whatever. I would still have them rocking the 80's version if it was my decision.

1 hour ago, BP said:

lol the organization is focused on nonsense, and it’s obvious if you  look at all the interns they hire in important positions like training and physical therapy and or watch them or attend a home game. You may think it’s silly, but making uniforms and spectacular introductions a priority and winning an afterthought is what’s silly.

They’re certainly the worst run organization in the NFL, and their record the last 13 years speaks for itself.

BUT UNIFORMS!!!! 

again just so stupid. the employees working on the uniforms has nothing to do with W-L record the last 13 years. they've got as much to do about it as the grounds crew on florham park who also work for the organization.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

again just so stupid. the employees working on the uniforms has nothing to do with W-L record the last 13 years. they've got as much to do about it as the grounds crew on florham park who also work for the organization.

Yes, very stupid. Because who’s talking about the employees working on the uniforms?  Somebody overseas them, and requests them. And it’s a guy with glasses, a bald head and a shiny expensive necklace around his neck. And that’s the douche responsible. It’s stupid that I had to explain it. It’s blatantly obvious 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Phew. Those are clean. I know they’re 100% changing it to the legacy unis. Would’ve done it last year but couldn’t. 
Idk about these green ones but assume it’d be close. 

Make em even cleaner.

Leave the sack exchange whites as is…

For green lose the shoulder numbers and put the white stripes over the shoulders

14 hours ago, BP said:

I really could care less what they look like at this point. But this being a priority is another reason why the organization fails

I don’t think anything is a priority to this organization but selling PSL’s season tickets. 

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I liked the black unis, but yea, the legacy unis look so damn good. In my opinion, if the legacy uni is the new primary, we have one of the best unis in the league. The current unis look so bland and ordinary.

The black grew on me, but only with those black helmets.  The green helmets never looked right until they put the 80's logo on it.

I'm still holding out hope for '98 style home uniform to go with the legacy road whites. 

It would make everyone happy. 

33 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL so embarrassing

Sums up the Macc era

A fashion show for those trash unis

”Prez” strutting around like a fool

None of those guys are still on the team

Macc awarding Enunwa a ridiculous extension only see to him never play another down 

literally THE WORST uniforms in the league

• Upvote 2

On 1/20/2024 at 6:38 PM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Phew. Those are clean. I know they’re 100% changing it to the legacy unis. Would’ve done it last year but couldn’t. 

those are sexyyyyyy!!

On 1/20/2024 at 6:38 PM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Thank God. Only 5 years to late. 

• Upvote 1