Pregame Entertainment Lineup Unveiled for Super Bowl LVIII

Super Bowl LVIII

The NFL Communications Department sent this press release about Super Bowl LVIII the other day. If you are going to the game in Las Vegas, good luck playing the slots. Reba McEntire, Post Malone and Andra Day will perform before the big game.

Pregame Entertainment and Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show Will Also Feature American Sign Language Performances

NEW YORKJan. 18, 2024 —The NFL announced the pregame entertainment lineup for Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas, which will be played at Allegiant Stadium on Sunday, Feb. 11, 2024, and will air on CBS.

Multi-media entertainment mogul Reba McEntire will sing the national anthem. A household name through a successful career that includes music, television, film, theater, retail and hospitality, McEntire is a Country Music Hall of Fame and Hollywood Bowl member who has more than 50 award wins under her belt, including honors from the ACM Awards, American Music Awards, People’s Choice Awards, CMA Awards, GRAMMY® Awards and GMA Dove Awards.

Post Malone, the eight-time diamond-certified, Grammy-nominated phenomenon, will sing “America the Beautiful.” Since emerging in 2015, Post Malone’s catalog comprises the Grammy Award-nominated “rockstar” [feat. 21 Savage” (Diamond), “Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse)” [feat. Swae Lee] (Diamond), “I Fall Apart” (5x-platinum), “Psycho” [feat. Ty Dolla $ign] (5x-platinum), “White Iverson” (5x-platinum), “Better Now” (4x-platinum) and more.

Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter, activist and acclaimed actress Andra Day will sing “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” Initially known for her 2016 Grammy-nominated behemoth, “Rise Up,” which amassed over 1 billion streams and an RIAA triple-platinum certification, Day has performed alongside numerous global artists and stars. Her feature-acting debut “The United States vs. Billie Holiday” earned her a nomination for Best Actress at the Oscars, two Golden Globes for Actress in a Drama Motion Picture and Original Song in a Motion Picture.

The national anthem and “Lift Every Voice and Sing” will be produced and arranged by Emmy Award-winning Musical Director/Producer Adam Blackstone.

The pregame entertainment and Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show will also feature premiere American Sign Language (ASL) performances. On behalf of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD), actor Daniel Durant, who starred in the Academy Award-winning movie “CODA,” will perform the national anthem in ASL; Actress, model and dancer Anjel Piñero will sign “America the Beautiful;” and Shaheem Sanchez, actor and choreographer, will sign “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” Sanchez will perform the ASL rendition of the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show. The ASL pre-game performances and the ASL Halftime show will be produced in partnership with Alexis Kashar of LOVE SIGN and Howard Rosenblum of the NAD.

The NFL previously announced one of the most influential artists of a generation, Usher, will headline the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show, which will be produced by DPS with Roc Nation and Jesse Collins serving as executive producers, and Hamish Hamilton and Shawn Carter serving as directors.

The post Pregame Entertainment Lineup Unveiled for Super Bowl LVIII appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

• Ugh 1

I miss the days when rock and roll was still mainstream enough to get flogged at the half-time show.

Ancient Redneck Reba, Ubiquitous Tattoo-Face and Usher, but not the one who helps you find your seat. 

Yup.  And the Kitty-Half Time Show was cancelled a few years back, so I don't even have that to switch over to see, meh.

Where is that damn cloud, I feel a need to shake my cane at it again......

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I miss the days when rock and roll was still mainstream enough to get flogged at the half-time show.

Ancient Redneck Reba, Ubiquitous Tattoo-Face and Usher, but not the one who helps you find your seat. 

Yup.  And the Kitty-Half Time Show was cancelled a few years back, so I don't even have that to switch over to see, meh.

Where is that damn cloud, I feel a need to shake my cane at it again......

You’re totally correct on the rock thing….give me a Metallica and GNR halftime show and I think tons of folks would be happy.  Alas, it does not matter as we are not the demographic the NFL is targeting with the entertainment aspect of their games.

Just now, Rob Moore said:

You’re totally correct on the rock thing….give me a Metallica and GNR halftime show and I think tons of folks would be happy.  Alas, it does not matter as we are not the demographic the NFL is targeting with the entertainment aspect of their games.

Have you seen a GNR performance lately? On life support… that would have been like having Nat King Cole do the 1993 Super Bowl instead of Michael Jackson 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ECURB said:

Have you seen a GNR performance lately? On life support… that would have been like having Nat King Cole do the 1993 Super Bowl instead of Michael Jackson 😂

I have seen videos and no it wasn’t good, I didn’t want to believe it was real.

Metallica still sounds great….I have seen them multiple times including summer 22 and I thought I was their best show.

I needed another rock band on the bill, feel free to replace GNR with someone else….

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

Remember when they used to air the Bud Bowl and the bottles of budweiser played football against bottles of bud light?

That's the kind of super bowl entertainment I want to see.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I have seen videos and no it wasn’t good, I didn’t want to believe it was real.

Metallica still sounds great….I have seen them multiple times including summer 22 and I thought I was their best show.

I needed another rock band on the bill, feel free to replace GNR with someone else….

Foo Fighters.  Only vaguely current-era act that could pull off that scale with gusto.

And their (way too long for the amount of time at Halftime, lol) setlist would be:

1. This is a Call
2. Tom Sawyer (Rush Cover)
3. Best of You
4. Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin Cover)
5. The Pretender
6. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana Cover)
7. Times Like These

I'd tune in for that sh*t and stay all halftime long, great Foo songs (and big huge hits), amazing covers they've not done before, and a real Nirvana callback would be f'ing epic.  A true Rock Revival.

But as noted, I'm not the target demographic either.

I suppose at least I've heard of Usher and Malone. 

Every year that passes, more and more I feel like the Family Guy "Teen Choice Awards" joke (check it on YouTube as needed, you'll see what I mean).

38 minutes ago, ECURB said:

I don’t know why but every year listening to people bitch about the music at the superbowl makes me laugh. Thank you

There's another thread where people are bitching about Uniforms if you're interested. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

A must skip for sure along with the halftime show. What channel is the Puppy Bowl on?

I watch the Super Bowl on semi-delay...pause until the kickoff to skip all the crap at the beginning..skip the halftime show completely.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Foo Fighters.  Only vaguely current-era act that could pull off that scale with gusto.

And their (way too long for the amount of time at Halftime, lol) setlist would be:

1. This is a Call
2. Tom Sawyer (Rush Cover)
3. Best of You
4. Rock and Roll (Led Zeppelin Cover)
5. The Pretender
6. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana Cover)
7. Times Like These

I'd tune in for that sh*t and stay all halftime long, great Foo songs (and big huge hits), amazing covers they've not done before, and a real Nirvana callback would be f'ing epic.  A true Rock Revival.

But as noted, I'm not the target demographic either.

I suppose at least I've heard of Usher and Malone. 

Every year that passes, more and more I feel like the Family Guy "Teen Choice Awards" joke (check it on YouTube as needed, you'll see what I mean).

I am falling out of the demographic faster and faster each day.  My kids are still young (10 and under) but my wife and I ingrained rock music into their brains.  They have favorite songs, and opinions on different singers of iconic bands….it’s proud Dad stuff.

I agree completely that Foo can pull it off, but I think Metallica has the gusto and cache to pull it off.  My question is, why can’t we have both?

Gimme 8-10 mins of Foo Fighters and then 8-10 mins of Metallica….then bring out Ozzy (health is a factor) for a few mins and have both bands play with him.  

2 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I am falling out of the demographic faster and faster each day.  My kids are still young (10 and under) but my wife and I ingrained rock music into their brains.  They have favorite songs, and opinions on different singers of iconic bands….it’s proud Dad stuff.

I agree completely that Foo can pull it off, but I think Metallica has the gusto and cache to pull it off.  My question is, why can’t we have both?

Gimme 8-10 mins of Foo Fighters and then 8-10 mins of Metallica….then bring out Ozzy (health is a factor) for a few mins and have both bands play with him.  

We'll probably see the foo fighters at some point this decade. Metallica--no chance. The Super Bowl is for pop acts which is not that band. Advertisers are not going to pay a premium for ads wrapped around enter sandman.

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

I don’t know why but every year listening to people bitch about the music at the superbowl makes me laugh. Thank you

Same. lol. I picture old men complaining about the music the younger generation listens to. I laugh because I’m sure their parents thought the music they listened to was trash also. Everyone’s generation is the best to them.

The NFL is going to cater to the demographic that watches live music at the highest rate. At the moment, it’s millennials. In a decade, it’ll be Gen Z. At that point, millennials will join Gen Xers and Boomers in complaining about the musical taste of the Gen Zers. lmao.