~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games - Path to the Superbowl~~~ 01/28

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You always turn a two possession lead into a three possession lead when you can. 

going for it there was a sin. Campbell tempted the Gods and was punished accordingly!

I feel for Lions fans though, what a gut punch 

I’m not sure how many more playoff runs you are going on with Goff

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not almost.  Very much so.  It's interesting that Kyle Shanahan was the OC on that Falcons' team that blew it (and was essentially still "playing fast" in the 2nd half).  

Dance with the broad that brung ya.

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

That pass should have been intercepted if played right. Then how about that gust of wind on the Broncos kickoff that dropped the ball well in front of Meggett and the Broncos recovered. 

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

That pass should have been intercepted if played right. Then how about that gust of wind on the Broncos kickoff that dropped the ball well in front of Meggett and the Broncos recovered. 

Curtis Martin slipping all over the place and fumbling while Terrell Davis was running it down our throats. Excruciating

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dance with the broad that brung ya.

That type of logic is ridiculous, imo.  It's like an OC or DC who gets hired and refuses to implement a system that is best suited to the personnel they have.  Is Dan Campbell that idiotic that he doesn't understand the benefit of going up 3 scores a little past the midway mark of the 3rd quarter in the NFC CG?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Curtis Martin slipping all over the place and fumbling while Terrell Davis was running it down our throats. Excruciating

I rewatched that game not all that long ago.  Denver's defense absolutely dominated us that day.  

16 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Spare me that “stayed true to himself” bull crap. There’s times to be aggressive. There’s time to be smart. 

And it was flat out dumb. Both times. Could have kept it at 3 score lead and keep the momentum off. You didn’t. 

Could’ve tied the game. Keep it close. You didn’t. 

Just bad. 

Yep 

no excuse for that 

I legitimately think they are probably in the SB right now if he just went up 17

that started the fire 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That type of logic is ridiculous, imo.  It's like an OC or DC who gets hired and refuses to implement a system that is best suited to the personnel they have.  Is Dan Campbell that idiotic that he doesn't understand going up 3 scores a little past the midway mark of the 3rd quarter on the NFC CG?

Parcells used to say , don’t be the guy that sends your team home . Campbell sent the Lions home today . Astonishingly bad decision making …I’m floored , Lions were by far the better team . The HC let the entire franchise down with utter bafoonery. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Campbell is a good coach.  Today was not a good day for him.  Worst possible time for a bad game for an HC.

TODAY???? did you see the Dallas game, the reason this game was played in SF and not Detroit? went for it 3 times on a 2 pt conv even though a XP ties the game and goes into OT. even though he got a Pen and even went for it on the 7 yd line. 

could it be that we just happened to watch the 2 worst games of his coaching career, or does he do this every week? my guess is he does it all the time and we are going to here as much this week. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yep 

no excuse for that 

I legitimately think they are probably in the SB right now if he just went up 17

that started the fire 

Agreed.  If nothing else, it would've been hugely deflating for SF to have traded FGs 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter and, thus, still trailed by 3 scores.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yep 

no excuse for that 

that started the fire 

Yup , Purdy was dying to turn the ball over at that point also …he had zero going for him until that play . Lions win comfortably of Campbell puts them up 17..astonishingly bad decision making . 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Parcells used to say , don’t be the guy that sends your team home . Campbell sent the Lions home today . Astonishingly bad decision making …I’m floored , Lions were by far the better team . The HC let the entire franchise down with utter bafoonery. 

Exactly right.  And he also said something about how there's no guarantees the next year.  You start from scratch again.  In other words, these chances are precious and you can't blow them.  Dan Campbell blew it though.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

As painful as it was to lose when we were up 10-0 in the 2h, we didn't really deserve that game.  Denver's defense was absolutely outstanding that day.  And their offense came alive in the 2nd half.  That score could've been a lot worse.  

Well, it helps when Keith Byars fumbles 10 goddamn times

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I rewatched that game not all that long ago.  Denver's defense absolutely dominated us that day.  

We were up 10-0 early 2nd half. It all turned when Elway hit McCaffery on that bomb. If memory serves me Victor Greene misplayed the ball that could have been intercepted. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

We were up 10-0 early 2nd half. It all turned when Elway hit McCaffery on that bomb. If memory serves me Victor Greene misplayed the ball that could have been intercepted. 

I think he fell down.  Right after that TD, we fumbled the kickoff and Denver kicked a FG to tie the game.  It was basically a parade of errors in the 2nd half.  Denver's defense was absolutely stellar that day though.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Exactly right.  And he also said something about how there's no guarantees the next year.  You start from scratch again.  In other words, these chances are precious and you can't blow them.  Dan Campbell blew it though.

Could very possibly be the worst coached game in a big spot I have ever seen. Thought I saw it all ….how does the guy look the players in the eye after this ? Historically bad . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Could very possibly be the worst coached game in a big spot I have ever seen. Thought I saw it all ….how does the guy look the players in the eye after this ? Historically bad . 

I think the Falcons game was worse (they didn't even run the clock down before snapping the ball) but it was close.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he fell down.  Right after that TD, we fumbled the kickoff and Denver kicked a FG to tie the game.  It was basically a parade of errors in the 2nd half.  Denver's defense was absolutely stellar that day though.

Yes, they were dominant 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Beginning of the end for any respect I had for Martin. Stats may be great, but in tough playoff games, not your guy. When it came to playoff games, was never a factor except as a negative. 

• Upvote 1

The 4th down decisions were ridiculous but let’s not forget the run on third and goal at the end of that game. You pass into the endzone if it’s incomplete you take 3 keep yourself in the game and try to get the ball back. Instead he (again) banked on getting a 4th down conversion ON TOP OF an onside kick. Pitifully managed 2nd half by Campbell. 

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, it helps when Keith Byars fumbles 10 goddamn times 

lol

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Their run defense was - we should have scored though the air in the first half. 

The Byars and Martin fumbles in the first half were killer. Should have had somewhere between 9 and 17 points at halftime, but were only up 3-0 because of those plays. Also, Hall missed a kick on the opening drive 

39 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have a friend who is a Lions fan.  I have been texting with him all week.  No way I am reaching out to him right now.  I feel terrible for the Lions and their fans.  They had this.

No you can’t. I was watching with 5 Lions fans, said thanks for the food and left when it was over. I wouldn’t want to talk to anyone and neither do they. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

These games remind you that, even if the Jets do have a deep run in the postseason, that it could end in this kind of disaster.  Sports can be awfully cruel.  I feel for Lions' fans right now.

Honestly i would be shocked if the jets even make the playoffs at any point during next 10 years.  Forget about making a run 

• Haha 1