Trade value for Zach Wilson? “A two week stay at a Best Western”

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He needs to get to a playoff contender with a hall of fame coaching staff in a warm climate. 

but is that the best for him? then he doesnt believe in himself if he goes and hides on a really good team.

if he went to the Panthers theres a good chance Young struggles and he could be starting by mid season. which i though every player wants to do. 

Just now, Trotter said:

perfect right there

Just be done

I’m afraid they will not release him. There are strings attached here, which wasn’t the case with Manziel and Lynch. The RG3 fallout was bad for both sides.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Douglas has lost his cache as  shrewd GM after the Rodgers debacle and is now though of around the league as a chump to be taken advantage of.  He also likes to devalue trades by these pick for pick swaps, it will be a 5th rounder for Zach and a 6th rounder or something like that.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I don't think anyone deep down really cares about what we get for him, they just want him gone.  Any compensation will be a bonus.  If it's a 2025 7th, so be it.  Just move on.

Someone will have interest in him as a back up / project qb. His physical tools are there. Maybe someone like Mcvay can unlock the mental issues. Someone will be intrigued enough to  trade a 6 or 7 just to avoid him being a free agent. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

GW’s production and efficiency fell off this year, after having won offensive rookie of the year under LaFleur.

I said it at the time:  the OC was scapegoated and sacrificed at the altar of ZW at the behest of Joe Douglas to protect the GM’s pathetic hopes of salvaging his bust draft choice.

LaFleur goes to the Rams and Nacua sets the NFL all-time rookie receiving record and plays like a freaking beast in his 1 playoff chance.

Once again, the Jets chose poorly.

They should have traded ZW and kept LaFleur.

Mcvay runs that offense. Mlf is basically an assistant there. I do agree with you though that mlf never got a fair shake. When he had anyone but Zach, we saw the offense make leaps and show flashes of being a legit nfl offense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Those same people will be blaming JD for not getting more for him.

See?  Hasn’t even happened yet and already it’s starting, lol:

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas has lost his cache as  shrewd GM after the Rodgers debacle and is now though of around the league as a chump to be taken advantage of.  He also likes to devalue trades by these pick for pick swaps, it will be a 5th rounder for Zach and a 6th rounder or something like that.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It would be highly unusual--- and embarrassing -- if the Jets can't find a trading partner and simply release him. 

Umm no on both accounts.

We are well past the point of embarrassment with Zach Wilson as the #2 pick and all the opportunity cost it squandered. 

And it would not be highly unusual to get trade value for a guy that is in the pantheon of all-time NFL busts.

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Someone will have interest in him as a back up / project qb. His physical tools are there.

I’m convinced that if some of you were Niners fans you’d advocate they trade away Brock Purdy for Zach Wilson based on “physical tools”.

It’s just so f**king stupid at this point.  his only “plus” physical tool is his arm strength, which happens to be arguably the least important attribute of a QB, especially if he doesn’t have any of the other stuff.

Zach Wilson is a QB3 and will be treated as such by the open market.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Someone will have interest in him as a back up / project qb. His physical tools are there. Maybe someone like Mcvay can unlock the mental issues. Someone will be intrigued enough to  trade a 6 or 7 just to avoid him being a free agent. 

That's the team that makes the most sense to me.  Bring him in along with a cheap vet or a mid-round QB pick, let them compete against one another for that #2 spot, and then just evaluate his progression throughout the year.  If he looks like he's turned a corner, extend him and plan for him to take over for Stafford once he's done.  If he doesn't, just let him walk.  If the cost is a 6th or 7th it's pretty low risk.

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

GW’s production and efficiency fell off this year, after having won offensive rookie of the year under LaFleur.

I said it at the time:  the OC was scapegoated and sacrificed at the altar of ZW at the behest of Joe Douglas to protect the GM’s pathetic hopes of salvaging his bust draft choice.

LaFleur goes to the Rams and Nacua sets the NFL all-time rookie receiving record and plays like a freaking beast in his 1 playoff chance.

Once again, the Jets chose poorly.

They should have traded ZW and kept LaFleur.

GW was productive this year. In spite of having Trevor, Tim and Zach delivering the ball.

The Rams' offense is McVay's and not LaFleur's.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’ll take Fields to backup AR if Chicago doesn’t want him any more.

Seems unrealistic since he'll likely get the opportunity to compete for a starting job somewhere.

Whomever we bring in will have the distinctive "veteran backup" label

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m convinced that if some of you were Niners fans you’d advocate they trade away Brock Purdy for Zach Wilson based on “physical tools”.

It’s just so f**king stupid at this point.  his only “plus” physical tool is his arm strength, which happens to be arguably the least important attribute of a QB, especially if he doesn’t have any of the other stuff.

Zach Wilson is a QB3 and will be treated as such by the open market.  

You’re gonna say he’s not athletic? While his pocket presence needs significant work, he does have the ability to create more time when the play starts breaking down. His accuracy, decision making, and his ability to read a defense are his issues. All mental issues. Physically, he’s what you would want in today’s nfl…which is why I called him a project. He is nowhere close to an nfl starting qb. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You’re gonna say he’s not athletic? While his pocket presence needs significant work, he does have the ability to create more time when the play starts breaking down. His accuracy, decision making, and his ability to read a defense are his issues. All mental issues. Physically, he’s what you would want in today’s nfl…which is why I called him a project. He is nowhere close to an nfl starting qb. 

His accuracy improved significantly this year.

But what he still struggles with is reading the field and processing information quickly and it feels like that is unlikely to get appreciably better after 3 seasons.

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m afraid they will not release him. There are strings attached here, which wasn’t the case with Manziel and Lynch. The RG3 fallout was bad for both sides.

If JD is prevented from releasing him if not being able to trade him, he should tell Woody to f**k himself and quit. I thought he would have done it last year after having Rodgers and his sh*tshow shoved down his throat, but this would have to be the last straw. And he would not be without a job for long.

The Jets always seem to get more out of these guys than everyone initially thinks.

I didn’t think we’d get what we did for Sheldon Richardson, Jamal Adams, Sam Darnold, etc.

Coaches don’t think like fans. There will absolutely be at least one coach/GM out there who sees the sh*t Wilson can do every once in a blue moon, will throw us a 5th round pick and dupe themselves into thinking that they can make it sustainable.

This sh*t happens all the time

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

He needs to get to a playoff contender with a hall of fame coaching staff in a warm climate. 

Oh, please, football gods send him to Miami so as soon as Tua's head bounces off the ground and he has another "back" problem.. we'll get Zach Wilson as an opposing QB.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, extmenace said:

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not “plus” athletic.  Not when you compare him to the QBs around the league.  He’s not anywhere close to the likes of Lamar, Josh Allen, Hurts, Kyler Murray, Anthony Richardson or Fields, nor would I say he is as athletic as Mahomes.  Dude hurt his knee tripping on a blade of grass.  

Exhibit B:

• Haha 3