Super Bowl Food. What Ya Got

11 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Neighbor is doing a mesquite smoked brisket. Smelled it this morning as I walked the pups. Immediate salivation.

The pork butt looks great!

We are keeping it smaller this year, so just a 6 pound butt instead of the brisket, which is obviously bigger.

Good brisket is fantastic!!  Enjoy.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Never was a super bowl party guy and rarely go to one but for me their is only king of super bowl food

White Castle cheeseburger washed down with a choc shake

timeless

I can still see from over 40 years back , clear as a bell, that stacked paper plate on the table about to be devoured at 2 am on a Saturday night...  

Never knew you could eat White Castle sober! ...LOL Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

To be honest todays game isn't a big deal with me a regular season Jets game I have a lot more interest in. I'm watching it sure. Years ago we talked about going to the SB if the Jets made it flying out etc but that was when the prices for tickets in the hundreds not multi thousands. I'm sure if Jets do go some of you would pony up and cash in your IRAs etc. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

What's everyone cooking for Super Bowl??

Here at the Meyer Household we have a lovely Pork Butt, bacon wrapped kielbasa (spicy and regular), Brazil Bites, Spicy Margaritas, Moscow Mules, and Rob's Hard Lemonade.

20240211_072224.jpg

You just going to shred up the pork butt for tacos or what?

Our most important SB was 28 years ago. The Jets of course not involved. One of my cousins had a SB party we went and as a surprise announced to friends and family my wife was pregnant. She had the baby in August a daughter and she's a healthy person good kid a successful career proud of her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Neighbor is doing a mesquite smoked brisket. Smelled it this morning as I walked the pups. Immediate salivation.

The pork butt looks great!

A well done mesquite smoked brisket is where it's at. I spent thirty-five years in Texas so I get that oak is the "right" wood. It's hard to keep the mesquite fire cool enough for brisket but a full water pan and a brisket on the fattier side makes it work. 

• Upvote 1

My wife and I made watching the game together a tradition going back to our first year together. I make pizzas from scratch (dough, sauce, working on learning how to make a good mozz) and boneless turkey wings. She has a GI issue with chicken and honestly the turkey is softer and tastes better. Typically she insists on two pizza recipes every year but we agreed to try a couple new ones out this year. We rummage through our beer cellar to quench our thirst.

• Upvote 1