Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Hope I live long enough to get these again 

IMG_8322.jpeg

IMG_8324.jpeg

IMG_8323.jpeg

I hate the shade of green and stripe configuration that Nike destroyed these jerseys with. Reebok had it nice.

I really hate the logo on the helmet though, it's so blandly busy. I would not mind if these were our alternate uniforms with the 80s logo on the helmet and the right shade of green.

I hate the shade of green and stripe configuration that Nike destroyed these jerseys with. Reebok had it nice.
I really hate the logo on the helmet though, it's so blandly busy. I would not mind if these were our alternate uniforms with the 80s logo on the helmet and the right shade of green.
I dunno ... military green is pretty badass ... The problem was always the weird stomach patch being a different shade .. epic fail.

I do like the 80s unis too ... But having lived through that I can tell you the logo then was hated as well and deemed a fail as a backwards flying needle.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I dunno ... military green is pretty badass ... The problem was always the weird stomach patch being a different shade .. epic fail.

I do like the 80s unis too ... But having lived through that I can tell you the logo then was hated as well and deemed a fail as a backwards flying needle.

I feel like we can do a lot better on the logo.  A jet seems like something that they should be able to do something a lot more interesting with (though I wouldn't want it to be anything related to military imagery).  

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel like we can do a lot better on the logo.  A jet seems like something that they should be able to do something a lot more interesting with (though I wouldn't want it to be anything related to military imagery).  

So you’re anti-military?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, JetPotato said:

The irony of using a religious term here as you blindly fork over money you've earned to a guy anointed The One at birth, who provides you nothing of actual value in return but distraction from reality. Whatever you can use to come to grips with your own complicity and contribution to this circus, I guess.

I may need to brush up on the current CBA but I think there’s something in there about how jersey sales profits actually go to the individual players not the owner.  Like 67% goes to the actual players whose jerseys are sold, while the other 33% is spread out amongst all the players, even the third string tackle.

Maybe someone can check me on this but my point is that buying jerseys is not lining Woodys pockets.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with you that maybe an updated version of the Jet would be a better helmet logo and keep the J E T S with the swoosh on top for an official logo.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I agree with you that maybe an updated version of the Jet would be a better helmet logo and keep the J E T S with the swoosh on top for an official logo.

I'm confident that @freestater could come up with a better helmet logo than anything we've had in team history.

• Sympathy 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:27 PM, y2k8 said:

These are beautiful.

And at some point they will start tinkering with nonsense like black pants with white jerseys, green on green, and ruin the classic look. This will 100 percent happen.

The Cardinals have two different templates for home and away. The away whites have a classic look while the homes are Nikeified. Hopefully the Jets don’t go this route. 

3 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

I may need to brush up on the current CBA but I think there’s something in there about how jersey sales profits actually go to the individual players not the owner.  Like 67% goes to the actual players whose jerseys are sold, while the other 33% is spread out amongst all the players, even the third string tackle.

Maybe someone can check me on this but my point is that buying jerseys is not lining Woodys pockets.

Wait….so we can circumvent the salary cap by having Woody buy 1 million Bryce Huff jerseys and keep him on the team?!?!?!?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Look at that!!!! Beautiful, great job man! I envy people who can paint and draw with talent. I hear it is very relaxing too.

Extremely. Especially the part where I smoke weed listen to jazz and sip scotch lol. 

• Upvote 2

I like it. Those will always be "My Jets" in terms of the logo and uniform that I will always associate with the team. I even liked the 1990 Coslet black trim update. 

I didnt initially take to Parcells going back to the Namath era jerseys. Something just seemed off...wrong with them wearing those while being coached by a mercenary and playing on Giants Stadium astroturf. The Namath era look felt like it belonged at Shea, not in NJ being worn by Dave Meggett and Keith Byars and whatever other Patriots/Giants hangers on he brought with him. But eventually I warmed up to them

I have no idea why they bothered with these Nike concoctions people back 5 years ago were clamoring for the 80s look. And why they chose that drab forgettable wordmark for the helmet instead of the 80s font which was loved even when the team stunk

12 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

This won't be popular, but I would love to see the Jets ditch their legacy branding, develop a new identity, and fully embrace a "jet" theme.

A gunmetal gray color scheme with a fighter jet logo would be pretty badass.

F-35 fighter-bombers avionics | Military Aerospace

Not for me. Would just be too weird. Plus fighter jets6 make for busy cluttered logos 

The Jets were named after the commercial planes that flew over Shea as well as the Jet-set life that was starting to emerge during that era. It never had anything to do with fighter Jets (though I do recall them using an inflatable fighter Jet during player introductions briefly) even when they had a plane on their helmet for a year it was still a commercial jet

Interestingly the Winnipeg Jets, who were named after the New York Jets...went with a fighter jet. The Royal Canadian Air Force inspired the look (and I think it's kind of bland)

On 2/13/2024 at 12:21 PM, joewilly12 said:

Those are ugly who designed them a kindergarten class with a box of crayons. What’s so nice about them the 2 stripes on the sleeves. Just like MetLife stadium we had an opportunity to do something special we do nothing. Just my opinion. 

Those are beautiful uniforms. This is what the Jets looked like for 20 years and nomatter how bad the team was their uniforms always seemed to be pretty well regarded. Particularly the helmet. This is what an NFL uniform looks like

And no we didnt have a chance to do something special with MetLife Stadium. We had to compromise with the Giants. So we got something meh and bland.

On 2/13/2024 at 12:52 PM, Adoni Beast said:

If you notice, these are the 98's and done by Reebok, The jersey in the picture doesn't have any Nike logo. The 98's are by far the best uni's going.  I would be ok with going with the 80's helmet in White with this uni... To bad we can't go back to Reebok to have them made, or can we ???

8 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

If you notice, these are the 98's and done by Reebok, The jersey in the picture doesn't have any Nike logo. The 98's are by far the best uni's going.  I would be ok with going with the 80's helmet in White with this uni... To bad we can't go back to Reebok to have them made, or can we ???

Yea my only issue with the 98 jerseys was the logo (old, boring, cluttered)…and then Nike ruined the jerseys all together.

I love the 80s white ones, hope we have the 68/98 ones for our green with the 80s logo on the helmet.

5 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

Not for me. Would just be too weird. Plus fighter jets6 make for busy cluttered logos 

The Jets were named after the commercial planes that flew over Shea as well as the Jet-set life that was starting to emerge during that era. It never had anything to do with fighter Jets (though I do recall them using an inflatable fighter Jet during player introductions briefly) even when they had a plane on their helmet for a year it was still a commercial jet

Interestingly the Winnipeg Jets, who were named after the New York Jets...went with a fighter jet. The Royal Canadian Air Force inspired the look (and I think it's kind of bland)

The WHA years (1972–1979)

On December 27, 1971, Winnipeg was granted one of the founding franchises in the WHA. The original owner was Ben Hatskin, a local figure who made his wealth in cardboard shipping containers.[1] The team took their name from the Winnipeg Jets of the Western Canada Hockey League.[2]

On 2/14/2024 at 7:37 AM, Dunnie said:

There was something odd about the 2010's uniforms when they switched from rebook and Nike. Like u said the stomach patch and also the sleeves were almost a brown shade of green, which ruined those unis for me.  Could have been the material.. Couldn't wait for a change, then we got the current disaster lol.