Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You would just LOVE my car then...

R(1)-fotor-20240212111855.png.617bb31709ea0cf0b69591f377b9f323.png

I do realize that most people prefer black interiors and my current cars interior is black but I do hate it. Too hot (especially here in Vegas) always looks dirty and its just dark and dreary. I play a lot of pool and ebony and black are the most popular color/wood choices by far and don't get that either. Nothing wrong with that preference I just don't get it. I do wear black socks though.

• Haha 1

I totally get being non-plussed about a shiny new distraction from the fact that we missed the playoffs yet again but this can only be good news.

We were never gonna win anything in those awful 2019-23 unis.

The "Legacy Whites" with the 80s/90s logo were clean and nice and I'm looking forward to the other variations. Would have preferred to just go back to the 98-18 era but getting the stink of this Adam Gase/Zach Wilson era off will be nice.

• Upvote 1

Whos decision was it to release this moments after a SB, as the NFL world has their annual jerkathon over the SB game and winner? "Hey, lets release our big uniform news as the confetti is still falling for another team!"

Brilliant.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I've been on various forums for sports of all kinds for 25 years and this is by far the most negative, miserable group of posters on the internet. It's both sad and impressive.

The Jets have been negative and miserable for most of their existence- how do you expect fans of this crap organization to react??? Farting daffodils?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You guys are such a bunch of whining little di*ks. For 5 years you’ve complained about how much you hated the uniforms and insisted on the Jets changing them. Now they’re doing that and actually going back to the uniform most of you said you wanted. 
Yet here you are, making smug posts about “winning the offseason” or “typical Jets… worrying about clothes not winning”.
I’m convinced 75% of you only echo whatever you see the majority post here in a misguided effort to be popular or fit in.

I hate the current iteration, it has NOTHING to do with Wins or Losses, they just look like dogsh*t and are the image of a 5 year run of abject failure... I'm glad they're changing them to.... something else (Never should have changed from the Classics anyway, imo)

My issue is the timing of the announcement.  Completely tone deaf PR department to drop the "news" right after watching SB Fifty freaking 8 as another great, well run AFC team won the game... after another dismal Jets season. 

Silly decision.  

• Post of the Week 1

We can get new uniforms and not have it correlate into not caring about winning. Teams change uniforms all the time in sports. How can anyone twist this into "THE JOHNSON DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING!!!" ???

If we're going to suck let's at least look good sucking haha. Our current uniforms are so....weird....idk not even bad just CFL odd, and the current logo/wordmark is the most boring joke of a logo...especially when the legacy logo is one of the best in football.

2 minutes ago, peebag said:

The Jets have been negative and miserable for most of their existence- how do you expect fans of this crap organization to react??? Farting daffodils?

Doesn't matter. Most of the posters here take any neutral or positive news and put their negative spin on it.

12 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

I've been on various forums for sports of all kinds for 25 years and this is by far the most negative, miserable group of posters on the internet. It's both sad and impressive.

Almost to a man, they hated the current uniforms.

Now that the Jets are changing them, we’re on to a third page of them complaining that the Jets listened to them.

Idiots.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I hate the current iteration, it has NOTHING to do with Wins or Losses, they just look like dogsh*t and are the image of a 5 year run of abject failure... I'm glad they're changing them to.... something else (Never should have changed from the Classics anyway, imo)

My issue is the timing of the announcement.  Completely tone deaf PR department to drop the "news" right after watching SB Fifty freaking 8 as another great, well run AFC team won the game... after another dismal Jets season. 

Silly decision.  

This.  The timing of the announcement just feels incredibly tone deaf.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

a54.jpg

No black.  PLEASE.  Just go with the 80's logo on the new green colored helmet with a white face mask and the 80's green stripes on the white jerseys and 1980's white stripes on the green tops.  NO GREEN BOTTOMS.  NO BLACK ANYTHING ANYWHERE.  We want a clean, crisp slick professional look.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Humor helps us deal with the losing.

30 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Silly decision.  

*with both teams wearing Uni's they've never really ever deviated from

29 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Silly decision.  

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This.  The timing of the announcement just feels incredibly tone deaf.

While I get the basic premise of your complaint. It doesnt have anything to do with WJ. I assure you that he has a team social media manager that has access to his account. 

It's just a smart person deploying the tactics that social media managers are trained to do. You post when traffic is going to be the highest on the platform.  Superbowl ends? People rush to social media to vomit their reactions, then anyone that's a Jets fan is going to come across the post immediately.

This equals more clicks. Such is life in 2024. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1