Jets announce uniform change for 2024 season

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Look no further than this thread to see why. Idiots are going to gobble this up like it's their mommy's milk. Probably a bunch of pre-orders already. The Jets will never be a legitimate organization simply because they don't have to be. Half the fan base is as dumb as the owner.

I I don’t think I’m dumb, or the cause of our franchises long-standing problems, if I buy a new Jets hat this season, or like what our Unis look like.  I can hold multiple ideas at once, after all.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t think so Joe.  Using the all-white legacy uniforms as a reference, we’re probably looking at something like this:

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.9a34b2bb233c28bff2585336e2ca3c6d.jpeg

IMG_5864.thumb.jpeg.d717d126ccab12d23146d632539938eb.jpeg

I’d argue these would be a top 3-5 uniform in the league - maybe even higher.

These are beautiful.

And at some point they will start tinkering with nonsense like black pants with white jerseys, green on green, and ruin the classic look. This will 100 percent happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

These are beautiful.

And at some point they will start tinkering with nonsense like black pants with white jerseys, green on green, and ruin the classic look. This will 100 percent happen.

I hope not.  I could see it, but the template with these wouldn’t work well with any sort of white top/black pants ideas, so maybe we’ll get lucky.

I think the furthest they will go is black top/white pants, white top/green pants, or all greens.  Truth be told, I don’t think that would be awful, but it’s definitely not preferred.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So we're absolutely certain we know what the jerseys are going to look like even though the reveal is in April?

I’m sure those uniforms have been called our legacy uniforms for a year now.  I know where every player in the video asks to keep those legacy uniforms as their regular uniforms and the term legacy is used repeatedly. 
Not sure how else we should take it

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Once again, this.  

No one anywhere laughed or made fun of the announcement.  No one called it our SB or saw some comparison to KC or SF.  
Guess they don’t care in the way that all those here who claim they don’t care really do care. 

8 hours ago, y2k8 said:

These are beautiful.

I love these uniforms. I always felt they were the best design they ever had. Also they had their best teams wearing these uniforms. I agree that they don’t need a black alternative however I’ll reserve judgement till I see the actual design.

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

I I don’t think I’m dumb, or the cause of our franchises long-standing problems, if I buy a new Jets hat this season, or like what our Unis look like.  I can hold multiple ideas at once, after all.

That's fine if you care about things that have zero impact on the franchise's supposed goal of winning football games, as long as you understand that every dollar you spend is tacit support for the overall idiocy of Woody Johnson. Nothing with this franchise will change unless he is made to feel it financially. 

So typical of this team under the worst owner in all pro sports-the biggest news he could muster on the game's biggest night is about which uniform the Jets will be wearing. Nothing about some breakthrough kinesiological analysis on the increase of non-contact leg injuries being suffered on athletes because of these fake surfaces wreaking havoc on professional athletes. The Jets should be playing on real grass this season regardless of whether the other team occupying the stadium (or any other events or sports activities using the stadium) want it. This can be done nowadays. The game day turf could be tended to by agricultural experts and stored off-site in gigantic trays then be brought back in and out on game days. 

What do "WE" get from Woody Johnson to go along with the rising ticket prices? The Same Old...and regime that has continued to fail at a rate that is on its way to the worst stretch in the teams history...oh yea, but we WILL be getting new uniforms.

• More Ugh 1

48 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

That's fine if you care about things that have zero impact on the franchise's supposed goal of winning football games, as long as you understand that every dollar you spend is tacit support for the overall idiocy of Woody Johnson. Nothing with this franchise will change unless he is made to feel it financially. 

Good Luck with that Crusade !

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Good Luck with that Crusade !

The irony of using a religious term here as you blindly fork over money you've earned to a guy anointed The One at birth, who provides you nothing of actual value in return but distraction from reality. Whatever you can use to come to grips with your own complicity and contribution to this circus, I guess.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

That's fine if you care about things that have zero impact on the franchise's supposed goal of winning football games....

I can care about multiple things at once.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

....as long as you understand that every dollar you spend is tacit support for the overall idiocy of Woody Johnson. Nothing with this franchise will change unless he is made to feel it financially. 

Enjoy those pipe dreams, fantasies and windmills, my friend.

this thread is perplexing. it's almost universally agreed that our uniforms are awful. they announce that we are gonna have new uniforms that will be very close or the same as the very good looking legacy uniforms....and there are people on here pitching a bitch. like wtf, do you guys who wanna complain all have sprained vaginas?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

this thread is perplexing. it's almost universally agreed that our uniforms are awful. they announce that we are gonna have new uniforms that will be very close or the same as the very good looking legacy uniforms....and there are people on here pitching a bitch. like wtf, do you guys who wanna complain all have sprained vaginas?

What I can’t understand is if you’re not a uniform/logo (that’s cool, fine) why are they even complaining? It’s like me walking into an Indian restaurant and yelling at the people enjoying their food:

“HEY!! I DON’T LIKE THE FOOD THAT YOU’RE EATING!!!”

This ain’t your jam? Keep it moving…plenty of other threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

What it really comes down to neck are best represented by these 2 one word replies in this thread:image.jpeg.dce062dd5d7bf80d7fe3f51a80c18094.jpegimage.jpeg.5e87ce8fd9753c36d82d1e23d59ea804.jpeg

39 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

What it really comes down to neck are best represented by these 2 one word replies in this thread:image.jpeg.dce062dd5d7bf80d7fe3f51a80c18094.jpegimage.jpeg.5e87ce8fd9753c36d82d1e23d59ea804.jpeg

But until free agency and draft there's not much they can do. Woody has already decided to give Saleh and Douglas another chance. So what priority problem is there?

Glad they’re moving to the legacy uniforms. I hope they find something clean like that and just stick with it.

To me the best solution would be to roll with the legacy uniforms and have an alternate that utilizes the Namath era uniforms. Clean base uniform, clean alternate.

Make the second helmet white not black, should be easy. I’m sure they’d try to invert the helmet with the legacy for some all white look in prime time so we’d get to see what that looks like.

Obviously the on field product needs to improve, but those uniforms were a disaster.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I can care about multiple things at once.

Enjoy those pipe dreams, fantasies and windmills, my friend.

No one said you couldn't. You're free to care about uniforms as I'm free to mock you for it.

Not sure why you're labeling objective truth "pipe dreams". Again, whatever makes you feel emotionally comfortable with your decision to transfer money from your pocket to the pockets of Woody Johnson, I guess. It's just not how I roll.

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t think so Joe.  Using the all-white legacy uniforms as a reference, we’re probably looking at something like this:

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.e3ee4886bfc8dab4f66536d476c42faa.jpeg

IMG_5864.thumb.jpeg.44470baacd123b17baa428431478cc44.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.25bc334c9fab4271899d26463251ec3e.jpeg

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.8ed5a34cf620df99334e559877fc3db4.jpeg

I’d argue these would be a top 3-5 home/road uniform in the league - maybe even higher.

Those are ugly who designed them a kindergarten class with a box of crayons. What’s so nice about them the 2 stripes on the sleeves. Just like MetLife stadium we had an opportunity to do something special we do nothing. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, derp said:

Glad they’re moving to the legacy uniforms. I hope they find something clean like that and just stick with it.

To me the best solution would be to roll with the legacy uniforms and have an alternate that utilizes the Namath era uniforms. Clean base uniform, clean alternate.

Make the second helmet white not black, should be easy. I’m sure they’d try to invert the helmet with the legacy for some all white look in prime time so we’d get to see what that looks like.

Obviously the on field product needs to improve, but those uniforms were a disaster.

Current uniforms are so silly looking especially when the stupid shoulder slashes get wrinkled and they look like limp d!cks.

If they decide to go with black for the alt uniforms then I hope they keep a green helmet with black logo and the jersey have green stripes and numbers instead of white.

14 hours ago, Mogglez said:

IMG_5588.thumb.jpeg.e3ee4886bfc8dab4f66536d476c42faa.jpeg

IMG_5864.thumb.jpeg.44470baacd123b17baa428431478cc44.jpeg

IMG_4072.thumb.jpeg.25bc334c9fab4271899d26463251ec3e.jpeg

IMG_4073.thumb.jpeg.8ed5a34cf620df99334e559877fc3db4.jpeg

I’d argue these would be a top 3-5 home/road uniform in the league - maybe even higher.

Those are SWEET !  Love 'em. Best of both worlds.  Modernized colors on the helmet, sharp crisp liners on the jersey and the slick jets helmet logo.  

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

New here?