Give me Joe alt or give me death

5 hours ago, Wit said:

I’m salivating at the possibility. I’m twisting the draft into pretzels to try and get this guy.

I would trade up to get this guy IF Free Agency goes great. A franchise type 15 year + player is worth more than just a 1 . I would trade next years 1 to move up and get this guy in a heartbeat. Because if we are supposed to be good this year and we are then next years one will be a bottom 3rd one maybe a bottom quarter.

So we get a Tackle in FA a Guard or 2 and a WR and i would take the plunge and go for Alt 

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

This rookie tackle talk is funny as hell

I promise you Rodgers would rather have one of those often injured vets over a rookie

Pick should be a weapon, trade down or QB

Thats why God created TEs

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I feel like Joe Alt is going 5 to the Chargers. Very Harbaugh pick... And if he doesn't go there Giants seem like another likely landing spot if the QB stuff is smokescreen.

I'd be thrilled with him -- he's exactly what we need -- but getting that top 5 type pick went away when we beat the Commies.

I think there will still be a very good tackle prospect at 10 though -- be it Fuaga, Latham, or Fashanu.

latham would be a massive mistake

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I promise you Rodgers would rather have one of those often injured vets over a rookie

yeah? and how's he gonna feel when that oft-injured guy gets injured and he gets blown the f*ck up becaue the back-up isn't very good? 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I would trade up to get this guy IF Free Agency goes great. A franchise type 15 year + player is worth more than just a 1 . I would trade next years 1 to move up and get this guy in a heartbeat. Because if we are supposed to be good this year and we are then next years one will be a bottom 3rd one maybe a bottom quarter.

So we get a Tackle in FA a Guard or 2 and a WR and i would take the plunge and go for Alt 

Going into next year with a 40 year old QB who could get injured or retire and no 1st rounder next year would not be ideal.  

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

Did you mean Olu Fashanu?  The similar names are definitely confusing but i think the consensus is Fashanu is on the same tier as Alt.  Close behind is Taliese Fuaga.  I see most mocks having Troy Fauntanu in the mid to late first round.

You just spilled your scrabble board didn't you?

Yes exactly. Rodgers is on day three of his darkness retreat and the only thing on his mind are the four snaps Duane Brown and David Bakhtiari would survive in 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 hours ago, PepPep said:

Yes, the Falcons, IMO. I have had things set up this way for a long time and I think they will still play out this way. Obviously, I could be wrong. I probably WILL be wrong. It's JMHO. 

CHI- Caleb

WAS- Maye

NE- Daniels

ARI- MHJ

LAC- Alt

NYG- Nabers

TEN- Fashanu

ATL- Turner

CHI- Odunze

NYJ- Fuaga

if we take Fuaga when Bowers is there we are the sh*t franchise everyone thinks

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You guys spend 3+ months over a pick that we’re probably all going to hate.

Seems silly to emotionally invest a whole lot most years.  

Always hoping for a Garrett Wilson 

• Upvote 1

Draft is really deep with olineman. 
If Rome odunze is available at 10, I’d run to the podium. I think he is going to be a special player. This team desperately needs a wr opposite GWill
sign 2 starting olineman, draft another 2 in the 3rd/4th.
Deep WR class too brah.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheAustrian said:

if we take Fuaga when Bowers is there we are the sh*t franchise everyone thinks

You must be new here. 

All jokes aside. And I hate to be repeating what so many have already said. But TE truly is still a luxury position to go after in the top 10. Especially for the Jets who have Conklin, Ruckert and a developmental athlete in Kuntz. And again, I'll repeat, I agree that Bowers is more than a TE, he is a weapon on offense. But if you can't protect your QB, if you can't surround him with legit WR's on both sides, adding a stud TE is not going to move the needle. It was not long ago that we talked about a generational TE who was worthy of a top 10 pick. In 2021 Kyle Pitts was selected #4 overall. And he was good. Real good. In fact he was selected to the Pro Bowl his rookie season. But the Falcons stunk. Their offense stunk. And they still stink. They can't win games. Kyle Pitts or no Kyle Pitts. They are once again selecting in the top 10. So that is my concern. And maybe someday he will be a major impact player for the Falcons, once they have addressed their other needs. And I'm not saying we are the Falcons. Every team's situation is different. I am just saying our situation is that we desperately need an influx of top tier talent at O-line. To me, if the Jets like Fuaga and Alt and Fashanu are off the board, I have no issue with that pick at 10, even if it means we pass on Bowers. It is not a sexy pick but he is a plug and play starter at RT and could potentially be a dominant player at the position for years to come. He has the upside to be that kind of guy. The run game aspect is already there. He just needs to fine tune his pass protection. Which, statistically, is very good anyway. 

But again, what do I know! lol. Your analysis seems very detailed and well thought out. 🙃    

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You must be new here. 

All jokes aside. And I hate to be repeating what so many have already said. But TE truly is still a luxury position to go after in the top 10. Especially for the Jets who have Conklin, Ruckert and a developmental athlete in Kuntz. And again, I'll repeat, I agree that Bowers is more than a TE, he is a weapon on offense. But if you can't protect your QB, if you can't surround him with legit WR's on both sides, adding a stud TE is not going to move the needle. It was not long ago that we talked about a generational TE who was worthy of a top 10 pick. In 2021 Kyle Pitts was selected #4 overall. And he was good. Real good. In fact he was selected to the Pro Bowl his rookie season. But the Falcons stunk. Their offense stunk. And they still stink. They can't win games. Kyle Pitts or no Kyle Pitts. They are once again selecting in the top 10. So that is my concern. And maybe someday he will be a major impact player for the Falcons, once they have addressed their other needs. And I'm not saying we are the Falcons. Every team's situation is different. I am just saying our situation is that we desperately need an influx of top tier talent at O-line. To me, if the Jets like Fuaga and Alt and Fashanu are off the board, I have no issue with that pick at 10, even if it means we pass on Bowers. It is not a sexy pick but he is a plug and play starter at RT and could potentially be a dominant player at the position for years to come. He has the upside to be that kind of guy. The run game aspect is already there. He just needs to fine tune his pass protection. Which, statistically, is very good anyway. 

But again, what do I know! lol. Your analysis seems very detailed and well thought out. 🙃    

I pretty much agree with all this, but I am still not sure they shouldn't pick Bowers.  To me, the key is in the bold.  How much of a weapon is Bowers?  I am comparing him to Odunze, Nabers, etc.  I do not care if is a "generational" TE talent and 10 times better than the other TE prospects.  I just care about how much of a weapon he is and how much I think I can get out of him.  He was the best receiver on a team with Mitchell who many apparently think is going to go in the first.

I agree we need offensive line help, but the idea that we NEED to the point of selecting a G at 10 seems pretty misguided. particularly in a post ostensibly about positional value.  Yes, the Falcons had Pitts and they sucked. Well, I am reading that we have to break the bank for Onwenu.  I also read that our O was "historically bad" in 2023.  Well, the Pats had Onwenu and they were actually worse than our historically bad O.  It's a team game.  Pick the guy that best helps the team.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I pretty much agree with all this, but I am still not sure they shouldn't pick Bowers.  To me, the key is in the bold.  How much of a weapon is Bowers?  I am comparing him to Odunze, Nabers, etc.  I do not care if is a "generational" TE talent and 10 times better than the other TE prospects.  I just care about how much of a weapon he is and how much I think I can get out of him.  He was the best receiver on a team with Mitchell who many apparently think is going to go in the first.

I agree we need offensive line help, but the idea that we NEED to the point of selecting a G at 10 seems pretty misguided. particularly in a post ostensibly about positional value.  Yes, the Falcons had Pitts and they sucked. Well, I am reading that we have to break the bank for Onwenu.  I also read that our O was "historically bad" in 2023.  Well, the Pats had Onwenu and they were actually worse than our historically bad O.  It's a team game.  Pick the guy that best helps the team.

Fair enough. But nowhere did I say we need to pick a G at 10. The intention for Fuaga would be to play RT. Sure if he can't do that, I would change my tune. but I am expecting him to be a plug and play RT and one that would be a dominant one for years to come. That is worth its weight in gold because you have one bookend covered. JMHO. And I'm not saying we NEED to the point of having to select O-line no matter what. I'm just saying if that was how it turned out, I wouldn't jump out the window.  

And I agree, Onwenu was a good olineman on a really bad offense. Its a team game. But I guess this is where a difference in philosophy comes in. I truly believe when it comes to Offense, you must first build out the o-line. Then get a QB, weapons, etc. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I Doubt woody would let the front office deal with any significant future draft capital. They are one mediocre season away from being fired. Having to go back into the hiring pool without a first rounder would make it even harder to land a GM. 

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe someone else can pull up the data but the issue with drafting a TE is that Rodgers isn’t really a throw to the TE kind of QB. He throws in the middle of the field at one of the lowest percentages in the NFL, which is normally where the large majority of TE routes are run. Bowers looks awesome, if free agency went right, I’d be excited about the pick, but for a team that is desperate to ascend in 2024, not sure he’d be utilized / targeted enough in the short term.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Fair enough. But nowhere did I say we need to pick a G at 10. The intention for Fuaga would be to play RT. Sure if he can't do that, I would change my tune. but I am expecting him to be a plug and play RT and one that would be a dominant one for years to come. That is worth its weight in gold because you have one bookend covered. JMHO. And I'm not saying we NEED to the point of having to select O-line no matter what. I'm just saying if that was how it turned out, I wouldn't jump out the window.  

And I agree, Onwenu was a good olineman on a really bad offense. Its a team game. But I guess this is where a difference in philosophy comes in. I truly believe when it comes to Offense, you must first build out the o-line. Then get a QB, weapons, etc. 

Trouble with drafting a RT is that we still need an LT.  We can always swing AVT out to to tackle, but LT seems a stretch.  I don't think I agree with needing to build the O-line first.  I think you build a team by stacking it with adequate players and then getting whatever special ones that we can. 

I don't think having a great o-line is necessary.  Good yes, but solid G combined with special weapon is better than good G and good WR.   The key is that the o-line is a unit and when that weakest link blows, the whole thing does.  See the Adrien Clarke season.  It is really hard to tell what is up with this line.  They took a bunch of sacks that appeared to be Wilson's fault and with all the injuries it was hard to tell exactly where the issues were.  I mean, they sucked, but over the past couple of years there were times when they actually were carrying the team with the run game and they competed with some high level teams, including the eventual super bowl champs.  I would honestly feel pretty confident if I had any faith in their ability to self scout.  I do not.  

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Trouble with drafting a RT is that we still need an LT.  We can always swing AVT out to to tackle, but LT seems a stretch.  I don't think I agree with needing to build the O-line first.  I think you build a team by stacking it with adequate players and then getting whatever special ones that we can. 

I don't think having a great o-line is necessary.  Good yes, but solid G combined with special weapon is better than good G and good WR.   The key is that the o-line is a unit and when that weakest link blows, the whole thing does.  See the Adrien Clarke season.  It is really hard to tell what is up with this line.  They took a bunch of sacks that appeared to be Wilson's fault and with all the injuries it was hard to tell exactly where the issues were.  I mean, they sucked, but over the past couple of years there were times when they actually were carrying the team with the run game and they competed with some high level teams, including the eventual super bowl champs.  I would honestly feel pretty confident if I had any faith in their ability to self scout.  I do not.  

The trouble with drafting by position is that it could mean you bypass the best prospect.  I’m still wondering if douglas learned that with becton vs wirfs.  

I don't think Alt is even the best tackle in this class. He will be a work in progress.

Today NFL defenses are shifting to pressure up the middle. The DTs coming out these days are getting as much pressure as edge rushers. If you have stud guards and center that is more valuable. Good OCs can scheme to nullify good edge rushers (of course we don't have a good OC).

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

I think after the three top OTs, WRs, QBs and EDGE go, Bowers is in play.  But he should not be picked over them.  

We have Huff.  Resign him.  We don’t need an EDGE.  Bowers would give us a legit TE and another weapon for Rodgers.  We can fix the OL if we make a couple good signings

On 3/6/2024 at 10:57 AM, fullblast said:

There are 5 or 6 OTs I'd be happy taking at 10. Not stressing over any one player this year. Ideally we would trade down.

Daniel Jeremiah rankings update came out today he had Fuaga at 9 and Alt at 10