Saleh vs Gase by the numbers

Fun fact

Gase’s record as Jet HC in December and January:

5-5 (.500)

😂 Bobby “I promise you this team is going to win multiple championships” Saleh’s:

4-14 (.222)

Even if this team makes the playoffs with this HC, they’re not doing jack.

Teams that win it all go into to the postseason on fire playing their best football.

This team has gone in the tank every single season in December under Robert Saleh.

You can blame the QB situation all you want, but Darnold sucks, too, and the “feature back” in ‘20 was the corpse of Frank Gore 😂 with Jeff Smith playing 50+ snaps a game out wide 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Fun fact

Gase’s record as Jet HC in December and January:

5-5 (.500)

Bobby “I promise you this team is going to win multiple championships” Saleh’s:

4-14 (.222)

Even if this team makes the playoffs with this HC, they’re not doing jack.

Teams that win it all go into to the postseason on fire playing their best football.

This team has gone in the tank every single season in December under Robert Saleh.

You can blame the QB situation all you want, but Darnold sucks, too, and the “feature back” in ‘20 was the corpse of Frank Gore with Jeff Smith playing 50+ snaps a game out wide

Gase was 1-7 his first year after 8 games but kudos to him for the team winning 3 out of their 5 December games. In his second year the Jets were 0-13 before before they went 2-3 in December/Jan. Those two wins were the only ones that year. Yes, Gase was spectacular!
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Once again, as with Mangini, Gase recognized that the infrastructure was bad-bad and needed to be torn down, but the Joe Benignos and Manish Mehtas of the world trashed him from day one because 75% of Jets fans are plum ******* stupid and have a pathological need to have a bonehead coach who will tell them they’re going to win every game even when they’re not. Saleh and Douglas inherited a blank slate the second overall pick, and four years later they have to pray that Aaron Rodgers can save their asses. 

With that roster and a now confirmed overrated draft pick in Sam Darnold....do we dare say that Adam Gase....overachieved?

No I am not SAR I but maybe he was on to something???...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Once again, as with Mangini, Gase recognized that the infrastructure was bad-bad and needed to be torn down, but the Joe Benignos and Manish Mehtas of the world trashed him from day one because 75% of Jets fans are plum ******* stupid and have a pathological need to have a bonehead coach who will tell them they’re going to win every game even when they’re not. Saleh and Douglas inherited a blank slate the second overall pick, and four years later they have to pray that Aaron Rodgers can save their asses. 
Tom Shame on you for defending Adam Gase!
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

With that roster and a now confirmed overrated draft pick in Sam Darnold....do we dare say that Adam Gase....overachieved?
No I am not SAR I but maybe he was on to something???...
It what world is 2 wins overachieving?

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tom Shame on you for defending Adam Gase!

He was a martyr!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It was all for nothing. He got rid of Mac but replaced him with fat SHlTHEAD. 

fat sh*tHEAD's first draft looked alright under Gase. Stairmaster ruined it.

• Haha 1

Gase was terrible but never thought jets would find anybody worse but they did

Saleh is terrible and so is Joe by the way-I judge them by their records and the records are ATROCIOUS 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Adam Gase is responsible for Joe Douglas who is responsible for Robert Saleh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not defending back to back collapses under Saleh (very legitimately concern) but just to be clear if we're comparing Gase to Saleh:

Gase was an "offensive guru" who was calling the offense. The problem with the team under his stewardship was offense. And despite that stellar 5-5 record in December and January the guy was 1-15 in the first half of two seasons. Who gives a sh*t about rallying after the season is already over?

Saleh is a defensive guy whose defense has been elite the last two years. The problem with the team under his stewardship remains offense because the team drafted an all time epic bust 2nd overall. The team was .500 or better in the first half of back to back seasons.

Don't get me wrong -- the team collapsing after being in the mix back to back years is rough and a big indictment of him. But if you're comparing resumes Saleh is much, much more worthy of another chance than Gase.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

When the Jets were 4-3 this year, people here were saying Saleh could be COTY.

Toughen Up Ferris Bueller GIF by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

His teams have collapsed down the stretch in 3 of 3 seasons.

To point out that Gase has a (much) better late-season record is not to tout Gase as anything great, but to underscore how down-bad Robert Saleh has been.

I think it's fair to question whether the players have simply stopped buying what he's been selling.

And if that's the case, prime Peyton Manning wouldn't be able to keep him employed as the head coach.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

His teams have collapsed down the stretch in 3 of 3 seasons.

To point out that Gase has a (much) better late-season record is not to tout Gase as anything great, but to underscore how down-bad Robert Saleh has been.

😂 you’re preaching to the choir, my friend.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did Gase really recognize this though? He knew going in and wanted to get paid just like everyone else. Mangini was just a football psycho who was young and arrogant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Gase was 1-7 his first year after 8 games but kudos to him for the team winning 3 out of their 5 December games. In his second year the Jets were 0-13 before before they went 2-3 in December/Jan. Those two wins were the only ones that year. Yes, Gase was spectacular!

SO.. Adam Gase is Bad.... therefore, Bob Saleh is GOOD!

Thats your argument?

Solid.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, kmnj said:

Gase was terrible but never thought jets would find anybody worse but they did

Saleh is terrible and so is Joe by the way-I judge them by their records and the records are ATROCIOUS 

I thew up a little bit in my mouth reading the  Saleh's quote in this discussion "We're going to win multiple championships".  I'm still waiting for this coach and GM to produce a single winning season.  How's that going?