But Payton would never deal with the jets

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, JetsFlyer said:

Liked juedy but he looked soft these past yeats

I'd try him for a fourth+  if they ate some of that 12mil

They may likely cut him  so

Maybe they split it 6mil each +4th

But Payton would never deal with the jets

You could get jeudy for some mid rd picks. He's really good, just terrible situation 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I prefer jeudy.  He still hasn’t played with a good quarterback 

As opposed to Courtland Sutton who has played on the same team, except for two years longer with such standout QBs as Case Keenum, Joe Flacco and Drew Lock? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, K Clue said:

I would take Sutton in a heartbeat as long as they’re not asking for anything higher than a mid round pick 

Remember that Sutton will cost a pick plus $14M.  I think Jeudy is on the option and close to $13M.  These guys are not cheap.

2 hours ago, K Clue said:

I would take Sutton in a heartbeat as long as they’re not asking for anything higher than a mid round pick 

You and 8 other teams with more draft capital than us and looking to improve. Giants being 1

32 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Juedy has been on the trade block for like 4 years now it feels like. 

I feel like they both have.

I'd like them to try to work something out with Mike Williams when the Chargers cut him. Think he's exactly what they need skill set wise and I like the idea of bringing in someone who's getting cut. Maybe able to negotiate at a better time. Think you can sell this as a potentially good situation to rebuild value and play a role similar to how he's had success across from a target monster with a quality QB who will take shots.

Bring all the talented injured guys who are getting cut on the cheap, hope for a 1/10,000 season where the Jets make up all their bad luck in one shot and everyone stays healthy, and have a nice clean tear down if/when the franchise collapses on itself like a dying star (again).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

Trade a next years third or fourth. This year is too important to give up draft assets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Well the asset would fill a need at a fair price if we’re only sending a 3rd or 4th. Sutton would surely be better than a rookie WR taken in either of those rounds.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Do either of them even want to play with Hackett again is the thing. Because that’s what they’ll  associate us with.

Would it matter? These guys aren’t elite WR that can make demands. Sutton in particular, he’s under contract. He really won’t have much leverage. Whatever team pays the best price, that’s where he goes.

Prefer Sutton. But Ridley without giving up a pick would be better. Best case scenario for me would be signing Onwenu and another OL in free agency, and draft Odunze/Nabers/Bowers and a guard in the 3rd round. Assuming AVT moves to tackle permanently. 

10 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Would it matter? These guys aren’t elite WR that can make demands. Sutton in particular, he’s under contract. He really won’t have much leverage. Whatever team pays the best price, that’s where he goes.

We need a WR2. We have an elite WR is GW. With average QB play he’s a top WR in the league. So let’s not act like we need a WR1. We have one.

My knock on Sutton is that he’s a big body guy. Which is getting fazed out of the NFL. Guys can’t use there bodies like they used to to box CBs out. And quite frankly we have that with Lazard. Who with AR at QB should be useful for that role. I’d rather a speedster for this team. Jeudy seems to have attitude issues. And we’ve had enough WRs like that. So no thanks to him.

Goah if only we could’ve drafted CeeDee Lamb. Oh wait 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We need a WR2. We have an elite WR is GW. With average QB play he’s a top WR in the league. So let’s not act like we need a WR1. We have one.

My knock on Sutton is that he’s a big body guy. Which is getting fazed out of the NFL. Guys can’t use there bodies like they used to to box CBs out. And quite frankly we have that with Lazard. Who with AR at QB should be useful for that role. I’d rather a speedster for this team. Jeudy seems to have attitude issues. And we’ve had enough WRs like that. So no thanks to him.

Goah if only we could’ve drafted CeeDee Lamb. Oh wait 

Lazard is a system fit that excels as a run blocker and can make some plays in run formations when Rodgers makes hot reads. He isn’t a #2 in the typical sense. Also Sutton isn’t a 1. He’s your typical #2 with sporadic big game potential. I wouldn’t say the big WR is getting phased out more so the smaller shiftier WRers are starting to show more WR1 potential with all these rule changes. 

51 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Offer ZW and wait for the laughter 

No laughter. Jets 24/7 showed possible trades for Sutton with Zach thrown in plus a fourth or Sutton plus Bolles with Zach thrown in plus some draft picks.  They both make some real sense.  Denver needs a QB and some cap space.  And they’ll recoup some of the draft capital they gave up for Wilson. Sutton is a big target and had a pretty good season last year.  And his contract isn’t that bad.  Bolles would be a one year rental unless he reups.  Bolles can play left tackle so going into the draft, the jets would still have the ten pick and could easily use it on one of the top tackles or trade back and use it for a second tier tackle plus a guard.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Lazard is a system fit that excels as a run blocker and can make some plays in run formations when Rodgers makes hot reads. He isn’t a #2 in the typical sense. Also Sutton isn’t a 1. He’s your typical #2 with sporadic big game potential. I wouldn’t say the big WR is getting phased out more so the smaller shiftier WRers are starting to show more WR1 potential with all these rule changes. 

Good points but gWilson really isn’t a number one receiver either.  So if they trade for Sutton they will have, in a sense, two number twos with Lazard being a three.  Not exactly a group that can take the top off but at least some heat will be pulled off of gWilson.

• Thumb Down 1