Possible Suitor for Wilson

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worked great with Darnold.  Still waiting for his ascension with the Niners, which we were told was the perfect destination for him (or any reclamation project QB) to shine.  Didn't happen.  And he's a lot better than Zach friggin Wilson.

Darnold will be getting chances to start years from now. Never underestimate the power of denial 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn't Sam going to be the starting QB for the Vikings next year?  (Obviously pending what happens in the draft)

lol.  How many times you gonna do this?  His 5th team?  6th?  Out of the league?  

47 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Darnold will be getting chances to start years from now. Never underestimate the power of denial 

The point is he’s gotten chances and failed miserably.  And yet he is better than Zach.  Meaning Zach is……

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach Wilson being locked behind Mike White on the depth chart is a bit of a wet dream of mine, so I fully support Zach to Miami.

@T0mShane

Hmm… I never thought of this scenario. I think I’d enjoy it more than watching the angst on this board if Zach is on our roster in ‘24.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

^^^ #Projecting
Dunnie, you claim you're not emotionally attached to Zach and never were....and yet you have the 3rd-most posts in this thread.
A man who can't help but to defend another man at every turn is...pretty much by definition....emotionally attached.
I just have an inability to ignore bad fake takes. don't read too much into the quantity. I was the OP ... So I like to tune in to see what kind of monster germinated here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nobody wants to pay him right now but that's a different thing.  

I wonder why nobody wants to pay him

It’s one of the great mysteries, like the pyramids or Stonehenge 

https://youtu.be/5NGHjdGbWZA?si=wMCXemvBErJz_8fG

https://youtu.be/IYE2F2hYnnw?si=qKPnYrkh_RXwAGp2

https://youtu.be/GuFZf4JRWMU?si=8gYY4gdFuhUkLT6T

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The problem for ZW at this point is that he has very few paths to ever making it in this league.  If he stayed in the Jets system, given his current bare bones level he would realistically need another year or two of riding the bench, and only if he was getting the reps of a qb2 at the minimum.  (As a qb3 he would get even fewer reps).  

If he goes to another system, he needs 2-3 years at the minimum, and that with qb1 reps.

Since very few teams will give him a qb2 role, its difficult to see how he ever quite catches up before he ages out of the ‘young, raw but might have potential’ niche the NFL carves out for these guys.

This is what happens with extremely raw qbs.  They just never quite have enough time.  Teams just can’t afford to gamble on them for very long, and then its too late.  

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I just have an inability to ignore bad fake takes. don't read too much into the quantity. I was the OP ... So I like to tune in to see what kind of monster germinated here.

Any take that says Zach sucks without requiring any qualifier is a bad take in your mind?  That makes sense.

Look Zach isn't still a developmental player and shouldn't need years more to learn how to play. Or learn any new system. But he's lost his status as a starter and with any new team will have to win a job. And that's not an impossibility. 

Any take that says Zach sucks without requiring any qualifier is a bad take in your mind?  That makes sense.
When did I ever say any negative take was a bad take. .... Let me help you out
... Never.

Look Zach isn't still a developmental player and shouldn't need years more to learn how to play. Or learn any new system. But he's lost his status as a starter and with any new team will have to win a job. And that's not an impossibility. 
Totally agree .. it is what it is. He either did not get the developmental coaching he needed, got bad coaching that derailed his development, or can't and could never play period. Any way you slice it, the talent he has flashed has not become consistent and with the exception of a few good games (only 1 or 2 complete games) of football, he has not demonstrated the improvement necessary to execute as a starter.

The differences of opinion ultimately only matter if you believe the coaching staff and OL play had something to do with the outcome. Because if the team drafts another developmental QB ( Penix for example ) you'd be crazy to believe this staff can get the job done. Has the team brought in a new QB coach yet ?

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Totally agree .. it is what it is. He either did not get the developmental coaching he needed, got bad coaching that derailed his development, or can't and could never play period. Any way you slice it, the talent he has flashed has not become consistent and with the exception of a few good games (only 1 or 2 complete games) of football, he has not demonstrated the improvement necessary to execute as a starter.

The differences of opinion ultimately only matter if you believe the coaching staff and OL play had something to do with the outcome. Because if the team drafts another developmental QB ( Penix for example ) you'd be crazy to believe this staff can get the job done. Has the team brought in a new QB coach yet ?

I’d imagine Zach wouldn’t have been recruited by Bobby Hurley

• Post of the Week 1

I might be in a league of my own, but honestly I'm done with this guy.  I was a supporter of his - just search things I posted or replied to in the past; but he's done.  Every day (or multiple times a day) I come here looking for some info and EVERY single time this same post is the first few I see.  HES DONE.  PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I might be in a league of my own, but honestly I'm done with this guy.  I was a supporter of his - just search things I posted or replied to in the past; but he's done.  Every day (or multiple times a day) I come here looking for some info and EVERY single time this same post is the first few I see.  HES DONE.  PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

In my mind I find  myself locking this thread after the first posted tweet that he has left the building! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

In my mind I find  myself locking this thread after the first posted tweet that he has left the building! 

Let's face it, this useless dude that pretends to be a quarterback that can't get his head around the "foozball" game will be QB3 on the roster.  There is absolutely NO CHANCE IN HE** that someone is going to trade for him.  

On 4/8/2024 at 10:17 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Are you guys sure about those numbers?  I thought the roster bonus was for the start of the league year and that ship has already sailed?  I also think that it is guaranteed and already included in what the Jets have paid.  Mike White is getting $3.5M plus another $1.7 in pro-rated signing bonus.  That doesn't seem that far from the $5.7M that Zach will get.  I'm not sure how Woody killed a trade.  It was common knowledge he was being shopped.  The guy being an idiot saying stupid things really should not have any effect on a trade.  Not if anybody actually wanted the kid.  

For comparison sake Mayfield, Geno and Daniel Jones are getting stupid money.  Minshew $12.5M, Darnold $10M, Brissett and Lance $8M, Mariota $6M, Stidham, Lock and Dalton $5M and Flacco $4.5M.  You are seriously still pointing to him as a valuable commodity?  With a straight face?

Either way Zach is a $11 million cap hit.  The quarterbacks you have listed who make similar money are not great but at least competent and significantly better than Chris Simms boycrush

I am not sure why there is such outrage for the Jets holding a player on the roster during the off season. Here are the facts why he is still on the roster:

-If the Jets just outright cut him, it is an $11.2m dead-cap charge.

-If the Jets can trade him (I know, I know, I have read the faint of heart fan panic attacks), they can save $5.5m to the cap.

That is a HUGE spread. Why rush a decision until you let all scenarios play out? The draft has to happen. Injuries and other  stuff has a way of happening? 

While I know some hate to view this player as an asset, you don't dump an asset until all angles of cashing that asset in some manner are exhausted. 

To the true end of this will be if they can work a trade, how much money do the Jets want to eat? That is what this game is.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am not sure why there is such outrage for the Jets holding a player on the roster during the off season. Here are the facts why he is still on the roster:

-If the Jets can trade him (I know, I know, I have read the faint of heart fan panic attacks), they can save $5.5m to the cap.

That is a HUGE spread. Why rush a decision until you let all scenarios play out? The draft has to happen. Injuries and other  stuff has a way of happening? 

While I know some hate to view this player as an asset, you don't dump an asset until all angles of cashing that asset in some manner are exhausted. 

To the true end of this will be if they can work a trade, how much money do the Jets want to eat? That is what this game is.

There’s outrage because your “victim of jets fans” will be starting games for the jets next season 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I have never said any such thing, and I am sorry you are afraid of the boogieman in your closet.

You guys were saying all last offseason Wilson being here was a non issue and now again you are saying the exact same thing.  It is so predictable you being wrong

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The issue is that we gave him permission to seek a trade.  The few people hanging on to him having NFL potential swore that things were going to go great if he could pick his new team.  The Rams would love to have him, despite having the OC that he got fired.   The 49ers will want to take him and groom him under Purdy, he has so much potential.  Nobody is biting and the price is not that high.  We are talking about backup QB money and we have not heard a peep.  It is making people see this as inevitable that he will be cut.  There may be some slight chance during the draft or shortly after, but they really should not bring him into camp.  He is a distraction and I don't think this team needs anymore of those right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Either way Zach is a $11 million cap hit.  The quarterbacks you have listed who make similar money are not great but at least competent and significantly better than Chris Simms boycrush

Were you saying Flacco was "competent" when the Jets were trotting him out there?

42 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You can't do that, there are too many posters here that are obsessed with Zach on both sides of the spectrum. You can't just make them go cold turkey. They need support groups like Zachoholic Anonymous, where posters can share their thoughts on Zach, his mom and Utah in a judgement free place.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

You guys were saying all last offseason Wilson being here was a non issue and now again you are saying the exact same thing.  It is so predictable you being wrong

I am not sure what these "you guys" stuff is. You have characters in your head.

I've broken two of my board rules this week in engaging posters this week. Those rules are don't engage RT because he is trolling with click bait nonsense. Don't engage WF because he just wants to create an argument with his own straw man ideologies.

I admit I am the stupid one here.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The issue is that we gave him permission to seek a trade.  The few people hanging on to him having NFL potential swore that things were going to go great if he could pick his new team.  The Rams would love to have him, despite having the OC that he got fired.   The 49ers will want to take him and groom him under Purdy, he has to much potential.  Nobody is biting and the price is not that high.  We are talking about backup QB money and we have not heard a peep.  It is making people see this as inevitable that he will be cut.  There may be some slight chance during the draft or shortly after, but they really should not bring him into camp.  He is a distraction and I don't think this team needs anymore of those right now.

The Jets are not in camp yet, so what is the hurry? The "distraction" seems to be here, where Wilson creates a bustle in some hedgerows.

5 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You can't do that, there are too many posters here that are obsessed with Zach on both sides of the spectrum. You can't just make them go cold turkey. They need support groups like Zachoholic Anonymous, where posters can share their thoughts on Zach, his mom and Utah in a judgement free place.

Agreed. I’ll just move it to the Neverland forum, thanks Clay! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The problem is no one wants to deal a pick for him no matter how much money the Jets eat.  That’s why this has gone on for 43 days.

• Upvote 1