*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Some user on Reddit said we’re in competition for a guard with the panthers. Apparently he was very accurate last year. Take it how you want. Didn’t give a name 

Translation. 

Some guy somewhere said something that maybe is going to happen... possibly. Not sure what or who so who knows? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Some user on Reddit said we’re in competition for a guard with the panthers. Apparently he was very accurate last year. Take it how you want. Didn’t give a name 

You realize we’re going to need at least 30 confirmed sources before we can take any of this seriously, right?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s gonna be Bahktiari and Becton and Bowers in draft 

Why do people just ignore Carter Warren as possible RT to start the season?  I thought this place liked Max Mitchell’s potential too?  

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Why would Brissett come here instead of going to a place he could possibly start and is familiar with?

Also back with his OC who was with Cleveland when Brissett had a good ‘22 season. 

It's still possible JD signs Tyron Smith and then drafts a guy like Fashanu or Fuaga (sp?).  Tippmann at C and AVT at G would leave us with only 1 G spot to fill (maybe with one of the guys we had last year).  If he has enough money left over, he can sign a cheaper WR and also draft a WR in the 3rd round.  Backup QB will probably be someone at a low salary.  That would at least fill the gaping holes.

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Damien Lewis from Seattle would be a nice get

Him and Risner are the names I have my eyes on.

I don’t think we’re going to go after Zeitler anymore.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's still possible JD signs Tyron Smith and then drafts a guy like Fashanu or Fuaga (sp?).  Tippmann at C and AVT at G would leave us with only 1 G spot to fill (maybe with one of the guys we had last year).  If he has enough money left over, he can sign a cheaper WR and also draft a WR in the 3rd round.  Backup QB will probably be someone at a low salary.  That would at least fill the gaping holes.

We need a cheap vet or draft pick as insurance for Vera Tucker, although that could be Mitchell 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Him and Risner are the names I have my eyes on.

I don’t think we’re going to go after Zeitler anymore.

is even worth to throw money at jags like that?

you probably know better than us what the jets are trying to do, but right now they look clueless.

42 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Reddit is where I get my medical advice and now I can get my NFL news from there too. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Reddit is where I get my medical advice and now I can get my NFL news from there too. 

He may be on to something. He said guard and he listed him out of 3 names 

oh Simpson was signed. 

he just said we lost out on Lewis and pivoted to Simpson 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He may be on to something. He said guard and he listed him out of 3 names 

oh Simpson was signed. 

he just said we lost out on Lewis and pivoted to Simpson 

He’s right.

We were also heavily in on Jonah Jackson, who used our offer to get more out of Rams.  Team thought they had him locked up.

Just now, Mogglez said:

He’s right.

We were also heavily in on Jonah Jackson, who used our offer to get more out of Rams.  Team thought they had him locked up.

It feels like this happens to us more than any other team in sports. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like this happens to us more than any other team in sports. 

No one wants to play here.

Turns out Aaron Rodgers doesn’t mean much when you can get the same money, if not more, with a competent organization.

• Upvote 1