*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Imagine if Harbaugh decides he wants to do a complete reset with the Chargers and he tries to draft McCarthy and trade Justin Herbert?

What would they get back for him?

Wow. Never considered that. It is crazy.

The question would also be:  what is the cap hit to the LAC to do that?

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

It’s possible, yeah. 

But Atlanta just geared up with Kirk Cousins, adding Darnell Mooney and Rondale Moore to an offense with Drake London (big extension), Kyle Pitts, and Bijan Robinson.  Also, 3 of their 5 OL are former first round picks. 

I could see them addressing their defense with getting the draft’s best pass rusher. 

Turner is a great prospect too. Freak athlete, double digit sacks at Bama.

JJ mccarthy being a top 5 pick is so utterly atrocious, and a flat out joke.

Every single year teams talk about being disciplined and every single year they grossly inflate QB draft ranks due to need.

This is also why the thought that 'we have to pick  a Qb this year!   There are no good ones coming out next year!  Is total BS.  Or visa versa, we cant pick a QB this year there are good ones next year!

Daniels and McCarthy were not at all on top 5 pick radar to start last college year and that is the rule not the exception, every single year a couple guys suddenly become top 5-10 picks out of no where.

Of course this is all good for us as Jets fans.  Push those WR and OT's down to us.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the jets stay at 10 it’s bowers or rome.  If they trade back it gets interesting b/c i can see them taking a wr or OL and then trying to get back into late round 1 to get a qb. 

The only way I see us passing up on drafting OT in the 1st is if we sign Tyron Smith or Trent Brown.

If we go the Bakhtiari route I can’t imagine we feel secure with our LT plan…unless they’ve decided AVT is suddenly going to play LT.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

The only way I see us passing up on drafting OT in the 1st is if we sign Tyron Smith or Trent Brown.

If we go the Bakhtiari route I can’t imagine we feel secure with our LT plan…unless they’ve decided AVT is suddenly going to play LT.

If the plan remains to win with rodgers, they will need better skill positions than they have.  They have 1 wr and 1 rb and the TEs are average.  I’m thinking the plan is to keep stocking up on shorter term OL and try to develop some of the guys they have, so they can draft a legit offensive weapon.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, section314 said:

This is my closing argument to the jury on this, I promise.😁If JD and Saleh pitched the idea of bringing AR on board with all his BS baggage and $150 mm, plus the capital on many fronts it would take, the season just completed would have had them fired immediately on Black Monday, and deservedly so. The fact that they weren’t and Woody still made the comments that “we didn’t have a backup QB and we need to get our guys to play better because everybody tells me we have good players” shows how pissed he was at them, but even he couldn’t fire them for something that was his, and his alone, decision. They followed their bosses orders. 

I agree with your notion if Rodgers has played last season and sucked. But instead he got hurt 4 plays in. Even if it was Salah and JD's sole idea to bring him in, you don't can them based solely on the fact Rodgers got hurt.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If the plan remains to win with rodgers, they will need better skill positions than they have.  They have 1 wr and 1 rb and the TEs are average.  I’m thinking the plan is to keep stocking up on shorter term OL and try to develop some of the guys they have, so they can draft a legit offensive weapon.  

I am starting to think that they’ll sign Bakhtiari or Donovan Smith on the cheap and will do the shocking and risky move of dedicating AVT to LT. Quite a gamble to say the least but they don’t seem to be in any rush for LT.

If they sign Mike Williams or Boyd and then draft a guy like Rome or Bowers that could make for a nice offense.

9 minutes ago, derp said:

I could see them going Odunze too. Feel like he’s really well liked. I think they’re a wild card. Alt wouldn’t shock me.

they are a bit.  Offensive line was what I had believed they would do to fix the issue once and for all but it sounds like they feel good about their additions there.  I have no idea how they play out, but my gut tells me nabers. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

JJ mccarthy being a top 5 pick is so utterly atrocious, and a flat out joke.

Every single year teams talk about being disciplined and every single year they grossly inflate QB draft ranks due to need.

This is also why the thought that 'we have to pick  a Qb this year!   There are no good ones coming out next year!  Is total BS.  Or visa versa, we cant pick a QB this year there are good ones next year!

Daniels and McCarthy were not at all on top 5 pick radar to start last college year and that is the rule not the exception, every single year a couple guys suddenly become top 5-10 picks out of no where.

Of course this is all good for us as Jets fans.  Push those WR and OT's down to us.

So are the Jets not taking a QB at 10 because they have Rodgers and need to go all in or because there won't be a QB there that's worthy of a top 10 pick? I see it as the latter.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I am starting to think that they’ll sign Bakhtiari or Donovan Smith on the cheap and will do the shocking and risky move of dedicating AVT to LT. Quite a gamble to say the least but they don’t seem to be in any rush for LT.

If they sign Mike Williams or Boyd and then draft a guy like Rome or Bowers that could make for a nice offense.

Also, jd missed on wilson so he went out and got a veteran qb.  He missed on becton, so he’s going out and getting veteran tackles.  He hit on breece and garrett and i think his next plan is to get Brock or rome here.  If you have a playoffs or go situation, that’s what you’d do.  And bring in tyrod.

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Here's my guess - lock it in

Bears - Caleb

Wash - Jayden Daniels

NE trades to Minn - Drake Maye

ARI - MHJ

LAC trades to LV or DEN - JJ McCarthy

NYG - Nabers

TENN - Alt

ATL - Turner

CHI - Bowers

NYJ - Odunze 😁

Chargers are not giving a division rival a qb. Also i think chi goes d at 9.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Dammit. You're right. My mock instantly fails.

Also i think NE is going qb, they would just look pathetic if they traded back and the guy they could have taken is good.  And I think the Vikings know this, and they’re going all in on mccarthy for the 4 or 5 pick.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Also i think NE is going qb, they would just look pathetic if they traded back and the guy they could have taken is good.  And I think the Vikings know this, and they’re going all in on mccarthy for the 4 or 5 pick.  

I think its pretty realistic they trade out. I think they're more then OK letting Brissett hold things down for a season or two. Maybe take one in later rounds to sit for a while. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I like paying attention to Daniel Jeremiah’s content this time of year because he’s close with Douglas, and last week he said two things I found interesting:

1. “Don’t read too much into what teams are at these QB Pro Days. It’s due diligence!”

and

2. “I talked to one GM (the night before free agency opened) and he said he was going on vacation. They weren’t looking to do too much in the free agency period. 

My takeaway? Aaron’s running. 

I see it as the opposite. Both Douglas and Saleh are lame ducks with a playoff mandate who are currently shopping in the bargain bin. If Rodgers is out, those guys are dead men walking.

Joe Douglas is not on vacation.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think its pretty realistic they trade out. I think they're more then OK letting Brissett hold things down for a season or two. Maybe take one in later rounds to sit for a while. 

I think they would be happy trading down and then looking into either Nix or Penix later on honestly.  Pats have a lot of holes to fill offensively and moving down allows them to build bakc up the OL and add a QB later on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Joe Douglas is not on vacation.

Any word or indication on if the team is locking AVT into RT or actually considering him at LT? I've read/heard some random stuff that they're actually thinking of signing a cheap vet at LT for insurance and moving AVT over there.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

If it went this way, and Tenn takes alt, then the jets may well get a top wr. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I like paying attention to Daniel Jeremiah’s content this time of year because he’s close with Douglas, and last week he said two things I found interesting:

1. “Don’t read too much into what teams are at these QB Pro Days. It’s due diligence!”

and

2. “I talked to one GM (the night before free agency opened) and he said he was going on vacation. They weren’t looking to do too much in the free agency period. 

I don't think Daniel Jeremiah has any idea what Joe Douglas is planning to do. 

Every year, half of this board plays him up as some kind of Joe Douglas insider and his guesses about who we pick and what moves we make are about as good as any other generic media guy. 

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If so, just strait trade with the Giants for Jones, who is a better, experienced version of JJ. 😁

33 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

So are the Jets not taking a QB at 10 because they have Rodgers and need to go all in or because there won't be a QB there that's worthy of a top 10 pick? I see it as the latter.

Totally becasue they have Rodgers and have to win now.  Also the fact that Wilson flopped a few short years ago.

This is Aaron Rodgers team, not Joe Douglas or Roberta Salehs team.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Totally becasue they have Rodgers and have to win now.  Also the fact that Wilson flopped a few short years ago.

This is Aaron Rodgers team, not Joe Douglas or Roberta Salehs team.

I think the jets go weapon at 10, either rome or bowers.  They really need a weapon on O even if zach were still the qb.  

I think it’s gets interesting if penix and nix are there in round 2, b/c these guys would be nice to have next year when rodgers retires. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the jets go weapon at 10, either rome or bowers.  They really need a weapon on O even if zach were still the qb.  

I think it’s gets interesting if penix and nix are there in round 2, b/c these guys would be nice to have next year when rodgers retires. 

Green Bay will take one with the pick we gave up for POS Rogers and trade the guy they take for our 1st next year.😁