*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Totally becasue they have Rodgers and have to win now.  Also the fact that Wilson flopped a few short years ago.

This is Aaron Rodgers team, not Joe Douglas or Roberta Salehs team.

So there's no QB worth taking at 10 but it's Rodgers fault we aren't teaching for one. Got it.

32 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I think its pretty realistic they trade out. I think they're more then OK letting Brissett hold things down for a season or two. Maybe take one in later rounds to sit for a while. 

Doubt the Chargers go OL at 5.  They have Rashawn Slater at LT.

They need a WR for Herbert in the worst way.  Quentin Johnston is not a volume guy.

They signed Will Dissly so start at TE.  He's not a weapon and always injured.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Doubt the Chargers go OL at 5.  They have Rashawn Slater at LT.

They need a WR for Herbert in the worst way.  Quentin Johnston is not a volume guy.

They signed Will Dissly so start at TE.  He's not a weapon and always injured.

I don't think the Chargers stick and pick at five. My guess is they'd like to move down and take a tackle. Harbaugh is a build in the trenches dude. 

Bet they'd love to grab 11 and 23 from Minnesota and take a RT with one of the later picks. Bowers at 11 if he's there and a tackle at 23 would feel very Harbaugh. If not I'm sure he'd have no problem with a tackle at 11 or 23 and another premium position player - maybe WR - with the other one.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

So there's no QB worth taking at 10 but it's Rodgers fault we aren't teaching for one. Got it.

For the 100th time, they are not taking a QB no matter who is there.  Pick your fav QB and have him sitting there for the Jets they are not taking him, they would trade down and will probably take a late rounder developmental guy.

They have sold the whole world for rodgers, they are not taking a high end guy to sit behind him while rodgers is made they took a QB an did not get him a WR or an ot.

Win now mode, means win now.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For the 100th time, they are not taking a QB no matter who is there.  Pick your fav QB and have him sitting there for the Jets they are not taking him, they would trade down and will probably take a late rounder developmental guy.

They have sold the whole world for rodgers, they are not taking a high end guy to sit behind him while rodgers is made they took a QB an did not get him a WR or an ot.

Let's say Rodgers retires. Maye, Daniels, Williams and McCarthy are off the board. Who are you taking at 10?

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets aren't operating as if they're in win now mode.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes they are, hey sold the ranch for rodgers and gave away picks, took on a huge QB contract.

They GM may be lousy at acting on win now but they sure are in win now mode.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes they are, hey sold the ranch for rodgers and gave away picks, took on a huge QB contract.

They GM may be lousy at acting on win now but they sure are in win now mode.

They sold the ranch for Rodgers and then continued business as usual with the exception of hiring his low budget super friends. This isn't a team acting like they're in win now mode, at all.

This might be more frustrating than watching Todd Bowles elect to punt on 4th and 3 down 17 in the 4th quarter.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Let's say Rodgers retires. Maye, Daniels, Williams and McCarthy are off the board. Who are you taking at 10?

Probably rome, i could see them taking bowers.  I could see them trading back and then looking at nix and penix. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bowers looks pretty good after the catch.

I see a talented guy who is left wide the frick open — basically uncovered or ignored or schemed open to get the ball into his hands quickly — maybe because Georgia has too many weapons to account for or he’s just a better athlete than the guys he is facing.

But highlights of him running the ball in from 5 yards out on a sweep vs “UT Martin” are as relevant to NFL success as ZW’s pro day throw 🤣

He’s a bit undersized for the position at 6’3” and doesn’t have great arm length.

We prob have no idea if he’ll be able to beat press coverage if detached from the formation at the next level because it looks he had free releases all day in college.

Hey hey hey,let’s not disparage UT Martin, my son is on faculty there!! 🤣

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think it's more a matter of Douglas being stubborn with cap space and the fact that nobody wants to play here, but you could be right

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Probably rome, i could see them taking bowers.  I could see them trading back and then looking at nix and penix. 

If Rodgers pulls the plug, Douglas should 1. Hold an auction for #10, 2. See if Detroit will give you multiple ones for Sauce Gardner and 3. Start updating his resumé, because it will soon be hari kari time

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sure they are.  They're just bad at it.

Another losing season, and this thing is getting blown up.  Surely, they realize it.

8 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Sure they are.  They're just bad at it.

Another losing season, and this thing is getting blown up.  Surely, they realize it.

What moves have the Jets made this offseason that indicate they're in win now mode? What moves have they made post Rodgers acquisition that indicate this?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What moves have the Jets made this offseason that indicate they're in win now mode? What moves have they made post Rodgers acquisition that indicate this?

The last time they made moves in a win now mode were when Tex and Tammy were here and they got Braylon, Santonio and LT.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Rodgers pulls the plug, Douglas should 1. Hold an auction for #10, 2. See if Detroit will give you multiple ones for Sauce Gardner and 3. Start updating his resumé, because it will soon be hari kari time

😔 When will you get back to your A material? This is hard to watch.

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They are approaching the offseason so far as if they’re not going OL in round 1, and that tyrod would be a bridge qb.  If they know already that rodgers is done, they would also realize that they’re not sniffing the top 4 qbs as minny’s move today signals they’re all in.  So, figure pick 10 rolls around and they can have fashanu or rome or bowers, but they slide back a few spots and somehow pick up a 2nd rounder even if they throw back another pick.  Then what?  Go BAP, take OL/wr and plug holes but have no qb?  I’m guessing they’d be salivating over someone like nix who seems like a baker clone and can run an efficient offense and not embarrass them for a while. 

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Splashy big name moves are like crack, really awesome for 6 minutes then years of regret.  Also , the off season is not over. 

I love the Morgan Moses trade and I love TT as the veteran backup QB. 

I really like John Simpson taking over for Lake. They seem to be switching to a different style of run game. 

I am super pumped about getting Zuerlein and Morstead back.  

Im not going to address the defense because for some bizarre reason the board treats it like it doesn’t matter. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What moves have the Jets made this offseason that indicate they're in win now mode?

Acquiring Rodgers last season was a win now move, and they are of the mind that his return will solve alot of problems.

They signed a veteran backup quarterback, a key piece they claim was missing from last year.  They guaranteed Mosley for the next two seasons rather than cutting him post June 1, which would have saved alot of money.  They traded for an aging, yet highly rated RT.

Let's see how the rest of free agency shakes out.  I find it hard to believe that they will head into the draft with "on the block" Lazard and UDFA Gipson as their slated starters in 11 personnel formations.

The mid and high level free agents don't want to come here because they know it's a lame duck situation.  The only way to lure them is by going above and beyond in terms of money.  Just because they haven't had the big splash signings, doesn't mean they aren't trying.  And it certainly doesn't mean they are unaware that their seats are very warm.

You can legitimately argue that every year is "win now" in the Not For Long league.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s crap !

IMG_8567.png

He’s not that bad at all, more of average + relatively young + durable + will be in the $5-8 mil per year range. 

I think if we are looking to draft OT in the 1st, he would be a good guy to pick up to start the season.