*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It's sad.

I'm old enough to remember the Jets signing Steve Atwater, freaking Art Monk, and even Ronnie Lott way past their expiration dates.

Nothing ever changes.

The Jets are to washed vets what MLS used to be for legit European / global football stars.

The dudes hit up Florham Park for one last payday.

They always import their offensive guys, like fitz, Braylon, Holmes, Tomlinson, decker, farve, forte,Marshall, mccariens - even martin.  Douglas is at least trying to draft his own guys like garrett and breece.  And i think we’re getting another one 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The Jets aren’t entrusting a rookie to protect Rodgers’ blindside. Nor are they taking an OT in the Top 10 and sitting him on the bench for a year.

As soon as the Jets made the trade for Moses the chances of them taking an OL in the 1st round plummeted.

And if the Jets wind up with Tyron Smith, you can pretty much take it to the bank that they’re taking a guy like Bowers or Odunze.

Thing is that there's a decent chance odunze and bowers are gone by 10

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I read John Simpson’s reported deal (2 years, $18M) is actually (2 years, $12M). Seems a weird trend.

Is JD intentionally leaking false contract info?

The initial high figure usually comes from the player's agent, touting the maximum value.

Real figures coming in lower is quite common.

• Upvote 2

On 3/16/2024 at 8:40 AM, mrcoops said:

Tyrod deal cheaper than reported. Very low cap hit this year too:

He played in 33.8% of the Giants snaps last year. Bet the incentive is no less than 35% than that just to make it NLTBE.

Good chance it's even more than 35%, but 35 would be the bare minimum.

He won't hit any higher (50%+) incentive anyway, because he'd be injured before that happens.

• Upvote 1

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Saints veteran free agent guard Andrus Peat, who has started 102 games in New Orleans since 2015, is visiting the #Titans today, source said. They've already made a couple OL additions, perhaps another?

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2024 at 5:58 AM, Greenseed4 said:

I read John Simpson’s reported deal (2 years, $18M) is actually (2 years, $12M). Seems a weird trend.

Is JD intentionally leaking false contract info?

Every team and agent does this.

They announce the “total value” instead of the guaranteed number, which is all that really matters.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Saints veteran free agent guard Andrus Peat, who has started 102 games in New Orleans since 2015, is visiting the #Titans today, source said. They've already made a couple OL additions, perhaps another?

Great to have Bill Callahan as OL coach. Gotta think Bowers or WR for them now.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Probably but Will Levis is backup not starter material. I think there's a decent chance they go QB.

No way, they will give Levis a true shot before they make a move one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Probably but Will Levis is backup not starter material. I think there's a decent chance they go QB.

You think the titans would go qb at 7 with alt staring at them?  That’s a bold prediction.  I agree Levis isn’t good. 

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You think the titans would go qb at 7 with alt staring at them?  That’s a bold prediction.  I agree Levis isn’t good. 

If Alt is there at 7, its a lock the Titans take him. 

They can figure QB out next year but give Levis another chance this season. 

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No way, they will give Levis a true shot before they make a move one way or the other.

Probably but I just can't see Levis being the guy to ever lead a team to the Super Bowl and if there is a QB there at 7 that they like....passing on him because they have Will Levis is like us passing on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson because we have Christian Hackenberg....ok not THAT bad but more like Bryce Petty.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yeah, I'm not an insider nor do I have any sources etc but just looking at any team that has a top 10 pick you immediately evaluate your most important position and ask yourself are we set there?

The Titans are not. I'm not saying that Levis can't get better and doesn't deserve a shot but you don't know (or want) to be drafting in the top 10 again. 

I think if they like McCarthy, Penix, or if one of the top 3 guys falls you have to at least consider it and have them battle it out with Levis and sit behind for a year if necessary.

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Probably but I just can't see Levis being the guy to ever lead a team to the Super Bowl and if there is a QB there at 7 that they like....passing on him because they have Will Levis is like us passing on Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson because we have Christian Hackenberg....ok not THAT bad but more like Bryce Petty.

Hey if one of the very top guys fall to them you think about it but more likely you trade down.   I don't think a QB in that spot will be worth it.

13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Mike Clay has the Jets as the 5th best roster in the NFL following week 1 of free agency in his 2024 NFL unit grades

Interesting how he weights it with QB at 27%, followed by WR and OL at 11%, then defense with Edge and CB both at 10%. WR is tied for second most valuable position (with TE the second least valuable), and that’s where the Jets have their worst grade. I’m hoping for a solid starting FA WR to be named this week, followed by a WR in the first round.