Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

26 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Based on the video clip I've seen and what he said about Sandy Hook after it happened, I find it totally NOT believable.

The RFK Jr. campaign sure has caught the attention of a certain political party. This is right out of their playbook. If you don't think this report, where it was published and the timing of it are politically motivated, you are sadly mistaken.

And here comes the politics (I'm honestly suprised it took this long). This thread will go sideways and be locked within 2 pages. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wild that anyone would use Sandy Hook to say, “yes, but what about the horrors of illegal immigration?” but alas

Yeah that’s not what I did. **** off

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

And here comes the politics (I'm honestly suprised it took this long). This thread will go sideways and be locked within 2 pages. 

Check the title of the thread. He's rummored to be running for VP of the United States. The entire thread is political.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah you did.

How? I said the outrage over something Rodgers allegedly said seems to outweigh actual murder. Feel free to either take that back or explain.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You said other than rapists and murderers, this is the next category. Yeah, someone allegedly saying something to me is not in the same ballpark as killing or raping someone. This is a league that happily employs Joe Mixon and Tyreek Hill and no one bats an eye.

Evidence is a funny thing.  Viewed through a prism tainted by bias, just like anything else. If someone was credibly accused of rape by many victims, that wouldn’t be enough for a lot of people.  If the rapist was recording bragging about his habits to a television host, still not enough for others.  If the rapist was convicted of rape as a factual matter by a court, nope, still not enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

How? I said the outrage over something Rodgers allegedly said seems to outweigh actual murder. Feel free to either take that back or explain.

It's amazing how many people take what this reporter says as gospel, without a single shred of proof and completely ignore a video of Rodgers saying something that directly conflicts with what a Sandy Hook denier would say.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right… Not the same as rapists or murders. Thats what I said.

But yeah, I think deniers of child mass murder are horrible people. I live 30 minutes from Sandy Hook and interviewed a nanny who took care of one of the kids who was murdered. It’s dark, dark stuff. Rich powerful people using their position to spread that stuff is reprehensible so I really hope it isn’t true.

I agree with this. But I think what you are missing is, as the QB of the Jets, he doesn’t have to answer for morally reprehensible personal beliefs which were allegedly told to two other people in private.

As a VP candidate, I think that would change. So, if he’s really running for office (lol), then he has a bigger problem. But if he comes out and says he’s 100% focused on being the Jets QB and not running for public office, I don’t see how he even has to address this. 

The same way he hasn’t had to address being a 9/11 truther. Remember, according to DeShone Kizer, Rodgers expressed doubt about 9/11 (which, I also find to be awful). Did he have to hold a press conference addressing that rumor? 

by the way, if you notice, Rodgers denying Sandy Hook isn’t even a story on ESPN.com right now. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's amazing how many people take what this reporter says as gospel, without a single shred of proof and completely ignore a video of Rodgers saying something that directly conflicts with what a Sandy Hook denier would say.

Yeah. Whereas we have proof of actual bad things happening, but apparently that makes me something im not. People are nuts.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Does anybody really think that Rodgers would retire so he could run as a VP to someone that has like 00000000.1 percent chance of winning ? 

I mean c'mon seriously ?

I hate Trump and Biden. I think both parties are a complete joke but this is what we have to deal with.

I'm sure Rodgers is loving it. He is an attention whore to max but c'mon.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Does anybody really think that Rodgers would retire so he could run as a VP to someone that has like 00000000.1 percent chance of winning ? 

No, I think he's lending his "name" to his friend to generate publicity/buzz for him which has backfired in spectacular fashion.

And our woeful, incompetent Jets are getting hit with the collateral damage.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I mean c'mon seriously ?

I hate Trump and Biden. I think both parties are a complete joke but this is what we have to deal with.

I like Rodgers a lot so I don't love those last 2 sentences (even if there is truth in them) but I fully agree with the rest of your post.

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I mean c'mon seriously ?

Yea, it makes no sense. 

my guess is that it’s a ploy to get Kennedy more  national attention.

I don’t see Rodgers leaving a bunch of money on the table nor do I see him retiring after only playing 4 snaps for the Jets. I think he loves the idea of being the Jets savior and also loves how the Jets organization treats him like a king. His ego is too massive to leave something he’s great at to go get 0 electoral votes. JMO

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I agree with this. But I think what you are missing is, as the QB of the Jets, he doesn’t have to answer for morally reprehensible personal beliefs which were allegedly told to two other people in private.

As a VP candidate, I think that would change. So, if he’s really running for office (lol), then he has a bigger problem. But if he comes out and says he’s 100% focused on being the Jets QB and not running for public office, I don’t see how he even has to address this. 

The same way he hasn’t had to address being a 9/11 truther. Remember, according to DeShone Kizer, Rodgers expressed doubt about 9/11 (which, I also find to be awful). Did he have to hold a press conference addressing that rumor? 

by the way, if you notice, Rodgers denying Sandy Hook isn’t even a story on ESPN.com right now. 

Maybe you're right -- but I'd be pretty surprised if this was the last we've heard on the matter. Probably to everyone's benefit ESPN shut down the McAfee appearances.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who are these people that think what Rodgers may have said was worse than rape and murder? The theme of this thread is a discussion about Rodgers offering a denial to beat back some cable news ****ery and you came in here with what about Georgia/Miami stuff? Come on man. 

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

The RFK Jr. campaign sure has caught the attention of a certain political party. This is right out of their playbook. If you don't think this report, where it was published and the timing of it are politically motivated, you are sadly mistaken.

Bingo.

No one was talking about RFK Jr until Rodgers name was attached. We all know he has no shot however any votes he gets were most likely Biden votes. Like it or not this is going to be a close election and knocking down Rodgers helps Biden's cause.

Does anyone here think CNN or any media for that matter aside from FOX and the Post is for Trump?

All this being said if evidence does in fact come out it would be more proof of Rodgers being unlikable to everyone.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Check the title of the thread. He's rummored to be running for VP of the United States. The entire thread is political.

That's cute, you know what I meant. There is a difference between discussing how this alleged VP canidacy affects the football team and discussing which "political party" does what. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who are these people that think what Rodgers may have said was worse than rape and murder? The theme of this thread is a discussion about Rodgers offering a denial to beat back some cable news ****ery and you came in here with what about Georgia/Miami stuff? Come on man. 

Perhaps I was off base and I take it back. My intent was to not to conflate SH and an anything else. I was trying to point out how unfair coverage can be. I think there are bigger issues ( and these issues are basically laughed at by these news networks treating this like the Berlin Wall coming down) than what Rodgers allegedly said and this is going to be front page news for the next week.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Hard to believe he would open his mouth about this at THIS time. So much bullsh*t going on in politics right now it’s just getting to the point where things are going to pop. Whatever Rodgers views, he should have enough sense to keep them to himself. He’s not an idiot and should know ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth is going to be criticized, analyzed, dissected and twisted.  Have some damn common sense and stay out of politics until your career is over. See Tom Brady. Minding your own business is an art. Hopefully, Rodgers makes an immediate statement to quell this noise down and gets back to football. Can’t see him giving up the game right now especially after that horrendous injury last year. No way he wants to go out that way. But he needs to ‘fix’ this NOW. The NFL, itself, will have step in soon if it’s not. To complicate things, we have an owner on the side of the NRA and holding hands with you know who at the RNC last week who more than likely is looking the other way at all this. This is DISGUSTING 🤢 

he didn't.  the article says it's from a party in 2013

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I imagine the level of satisfaction you’re feeling on clairvoyance must feel like when old Biff handed his younger self the sports almanac. 

I mean, I would have been much happier being wrong. But this softens the blow a bit

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Perhaps I was off base and I take it back. My intent was to not to conflate SH and an anything else. I was trying to point out how unfair coverage can be. I think there are bigger issues than what Rodgers allegedly said and this is going to be front page news for the next week.

Bigger Jets issues?

• Haha 1

Just now, dbatesman said:

I mean, I would have been much happier being wrong. But this softens the blow a bit

I’m sure old Biff didn’t wanna beat young Biff over the head with that newspaper but it probably felt pretty damn good too

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers decides not to come back is Woody Johnson will play a much larger role on the off season decision making.  And, frankly? I would agree with him.

there is no world were i want Woody having a much larger role in anything Jet related.

if you are insinuating that JD will make a desperate move to save his job and hurt us down the line he already proved he wont. his FA moves up till now have been modest contracts that wont hurt us in the future. and he could have gave that crazy contract to Ridley and not care about the cap future.

if JD gets fired at the end of the year he isnt going to want giving out huge contracts to kill the Jets future cap on his resume because he was trying to make the playoffs to save his job. it wouldnt look good to other teams wanting to hire him.

1 hour ago, Falco21 said:

Which I am sure he will. But that does not take away from the point of the comment. Is the outcry for him to come out and say something to deny this immediately, or is it for CNN to come out and provide proof to backup their anonymous claims?

The former, because not denying it means it will fester. "Prove your anonymous claims" is always the rallying cry of people who are perfectly happy to believe anonymous sources when those sources say things they like. 

• Upvote 1