RE-SIGN, not RESIGN

The confusun surroundin' the term "re-sign" offen leads to misspellins that can befuddle even the most astute obser'ers of language, with some mistakenly writin' it as "resine," inadvertently alterin' its meanin' entirely, as if implyin' the deparshun or resignashun of a player rather than their renewal of contract, a common error that persists despite efforts to educate and clarify, highlightin' the importance of linguistic precision in the world of sports journalism and fan discourse, where every word carries weight and accuracy is paramount, yet, despite the prevalunce of this misunderstandin', the distinction between "re-sign" and "resine" remains clear to those who take the time to understand the nuanses of language, recognizin' that a hyphen can make all the difference between a player committin' to their team for another season and their decision to step away from the game altogether, a distinction that should not be overlooked or underestimated, given its implica'shuns for roster management, team chemistry, and the competitive landscape of professional sports, where every decision matters and can have far-reachin' consequences, whether on the field or in the front office, where negotiations and contract discussions shape the trajectory of franchises and the careers of players, coaches, and execu'ives alike, underscorin' the need for clarity and precision in communica'shun, particularly when it comes to matters as consequential as player contracts and free agency, where misunderstandins can lead to missed opportunities or costly mistakes, jeopardizin' the success and stability of teams and the livelihoods of those who depend on them, yet, despite the potential for confusion, the distinction between "re-sign" and "resine" is not insurmountable, with proper educa'shun and awareness servin' as effective remedies for common misspellins and linguistic errors, enablin' fans, journalists, and insiders alike to navigate the complex terrain of sports discourse with confidence and accuracy, ensurin' that players' intentions are accurately conveyed and their contribushuns duly recognized, whether they choose to recommit to their current team or explore opportunitiez elsewhere, as they weigh their options and make decisions that will shape the next chapter of their careers, with the understandin' that language is a powerful tool that can both clarify and confound, dependin' on how it is used and understood, and while misspellins of "re-sign" as "resine" may persist, they serve as reminders of the importance of attention to detail and the endurin' challenge of communicatin' effectively in a world where words matter more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We RE-SIGN players who had previously signed here. We don't resign them.

Some of you are really pushing my buttons, and I won't stand for it.

giphy.gif

I wish you hadn't mentioned this.  I've been getting tons of mileage out of my "We resigned him?  That's too bad.  I was really hoping we'd bring him back" joke.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

The confusun surroundin' the term "re-sign" offen leads to misspellins that can befuddle even the most astute obser'ers of language, with some mistakenly writin' it as "resine," inadvertently alterin' its meanin' entirely, as if implyin' the deparshun or resignashun of a player rather than their renewal of contract, a common error that persists despite efforts to educate and clarify, highlightin' the importance of linguistic precision in the world of sports journalism and fan discourse, where every word carries weight and accuracy is paramount, yet, despite the prevalunce of this misunderstandin', the distinction between "re-sign" and "resine" remains clear to those who take the time to understand the nuanses of language, recognizin' that a hyphen can make all the difference between a player committin' to their team for another season and their decision to step away from the game altogether, a distinction that should not be overlooked or underestimated, given its implica'shuns for roster management, team chemistry, and the competitive landscape of professional sports, where every decision matters and can have far-reachin' consequences, whether on the field or in the front office, where negotiations and contract discussions shape the trajectory of franchises and the careers of players, coaches, and execu'ives alike, underscorin' the need for clarity and precision in communica'shun, particularly when it comes to matters as consequential as player contracts and free agency, where misunderstandins can lead to missed opportunities or costly mistakes, jeopardizin' the success and stability of teams and the livelihoods of those who depend on them, yet, despite the potential for confusion, the distinction between "re-sign" and "resine" is not insurmountable, with proper educa'shun and awareness servin' as effective remedies for common misspellins and linguistic errors, enablin' fans, journalists, and insiders alike to navigate the complex terrain of sports discourse with confidence and accuracy, ensurin' that players' intentions are accurately conveyed and their contribushuns duly recognized, whether they choose to recommit to their current team or explore opportunitiez elsewhere, as they weigh their options and make decisions that will shape the next chapter of their careers, with the understandin' that language is a powerful tool that can both clarify and confound, dependin' on how it is used and understood, and while misspellins of "re-sign" as "resine" may persist, they serve as reminders of the importance of attention to detail and the endurin' challenge of communicatin' effectively in a world where words matter more than ever.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We have a new long post champion de-throning or dethroning (take your choice) our previous champion @Sperm Edwards. Congrats to @Wit

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

giphy.gif

I truly hope JN resigns you as Moderator.

I hope this....alot.

• Haha 3

giphy.gif
Well to be fair... in the Jets' case they are resigned to re-sign some of their guys.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

giphy.gif

here here 🙏 ……. or is it hear hear !?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

These are either flammable of inflammable responses.

If something is flammable it means it can be set fire to, such as a piece of wood. However, inflammable means that a substance is capabble of bursting into flames without the need for any ignition. Unstable liquid chemicals and certain types of fuel fall into this category. The opposite of both words is non-flammable.

Just now, Dcat said:

If something is flammable it means it can be set fire to, such as a piece of wood. However, inflammable means that a substance is capabble of bursting into flames without the need for any ignition. Unstable liquid chemicals and certain types of fuel fall into this category. The opposite of both words is non-flammable.

^ so this means the NY Jets are highly inflammable.  They always blow themselves up.

While we are on this important topic .. let me just say ...

It is absolutely impossible to 'loose' a game.

You can, however, play loose. You can also play too loose.

This leads you to playing not too loose, while also playing not to lose.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

You can, however, play loose. You can also play too loose.

This leads you to playing not too loose, while also playing not to lose. emoji23.png

I’ve been to Toulouse, lovely town ….nice sausages 

• Haha 1